Can I just say,just how good a footballer is Sorensen? Considering he's been playing in a position which I'm sure was alien to him,his performances have been overall excellent.Farke must be thinking hard about the decision of whether he could drop him from that position! Really feel he could turn out to be one of our best ever signings.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Can I just say,just how good a footballer is Sorensen? Considering he's been playing in a position which I'm sure was alien to him,his performances have been overall excellent.Farke must be thinking hard about the decision of whether he could drop him from that position! Really feel he could turn out to be one of our best ever signings.

IMO potentially the best player on the pitch. Mr cool.

Edited by mastoola

Another really assured performance. Amazing how well he's adapted in his first season in English football, a real talent. 

All you ask from a young player coming in is that they do everything possible to take their chance when it comes around. He's had the added complications of adjusting to a new country, playing in a better league, and playing out of position. It still hasn't stopped him from producing a consistent and high level of performance such that we're not bemoaning the departure of Jamal (although we do sometimes say we miss a left-footed presence on that side).

He's pretty much said with that show "I don't care if we have a new Greek guy, I have a first team shirt, and I am NOT letting go of it!"

In fact, as much as I can see defensive midfield being his best position, I wouldn't be surprised if he could play anywhere across defence or midfield. But for his long-term development, I'd prefer to see him in the position he was recruited for and see how he goes. The little cameos he's had there (Sheffield Wednesday in particular) hint at some real class.

• Like 3

Did well....but....an overlapping left back with a left foot will make a hell of a difference to our attacking threat, hope Giannou can do that

Sorenson may well be needed elsewhere next season in partucular with Tettey probably leaving and Skipp may or may not go back to Spurs

Farke said in midweek he felt Sorensen could cover at CB.  His recent performances make me think this could work.  I think he has the look and composure of Bobby Moore or Franz Beckenbauer   Yes I think he is that good.  God I'm excited waiting to see how he will develop.  

He will be an excellent RB if needed, LB, CB, DM AM probably, L &R WB, all options.  Maybe a keeper is in there, and a striker perhaps not.  But what a talent. 

Best signing from the summer, I rate him highly and think that unlike players like Steipermann, Trybull etc last time, that he can make the step up to Premier league level next season. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Farke said in midweek he felt Sorensen could cover at CB.  His recent performances make me think this could work.  I think he has the look and composure of Bobby Moore or Franz Beckenbauer   Yes I think he is that good.  God I'm excited waiting to see how he will develop.  

I think Sorenson is playing excellently, but let's not go over the top.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

You can - but less than three weeks ago one of our esteemed contributors on here had this to say about Sorensen. (I've copy and pasted it from another thread)

Two crucial errors in two games by him has our campaign almost derailed !

We all know about his ball watching & lack of activity which let Watford in for their winner but then this lazy pass to Cantwell which was intercepted led to QPR getting their penalty ! A lot of people have blamed Zimmerman (who touched the QPR player in the area) and Vrancic (for not bringing down the QPR player closest to the loose ball) for the goal. But (with QPR looking to equalise) we actually won a loose ball on the left and had Sorensen passed quickly to Cantwell straight away - there was every chance we could have scored. Instead he procrastinated like a great grandmother putting on makeup and telegraphed his move, waiting until the defender was smack between him and Cantwell and then tried passing it ! This guy is so slow in thought and action how can some of you seriously consider him in midfield ? 2 out of 2 (4 points lost) is enough evidence for me to remove him from the team for Barnsley, let alone consider him for CM. There is no way he is remotely close to Skipp, Rupp, Vrancic & Tettey - I am not sure if he is better than Kenny (who at least tries).

Maybe he's just had too much football and his concentration has gone in the last minutes of these games - but it's definately cost us ! I could see that pass to Cantwell as soon as it presented itself.

• Like 1

He is a very fine footballer. His first touch is usually very clever and it puts the ball in a protected area when defending or into forward space when attacking. His left foot is weak though so to play as a first choice LB would be a stretch - he is getting away with it in the Champs, but PL strikers and wingers would be a different scenario.

I think, like others have said, that he is destined to be Skipp's long term replacement. 

25 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

He is a very fine footballer. His first touch is usually very clever and it puts the ball in a protected area when defending or into forward space when attacking. His left foot is weak though so to play as a first choice LB would be a stretch - he is getting away with it in the Champs, but PL strikers and wingers would be a different scenario.

I think, like others have said, that he is destined to be Skipp's long term replacement. 

He's very good. Bristol fans said he was the best fullback they'd seen all season (not realising it's not his natural position).

I can't see him being a first choice LB at prem level but we'd definitely see him as a cover option now.

Such a good player on the ball on one who likes to see the pitch ahead of him. Thats why he comes in for criticism at full back. It isn't his game to man mark. In midfield, our players tend to mark space where players are going to run into. That is totally different.