lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Bristol City*****

One of our, if not the best performances of the season in terms of pure control of the game, when we are flying we are such a joy to watch! Great to see Hugill get a couple of goals on top of that.

Record 107 points within our grasp.....don’t get carried away though

Edited by Van wink

Most complete game i've seen all season. Looks like form is starting to take shape. Hugill looking good! hopefully he gets another start this weekend. 14 points clear of 7th and 7 points clear of 2nd.

I wonder if players coming back into fitness apply added pressure to keep performance up or you’ll be replaced, competition is a good thing.

I make it 9 players still to come back into the squad at various points

McGovern Byram Mumba Giannou Quintilla Zimmerman Steipermann Pukki Idah ?

...there really is no reason why we shouldnt finish this job off in the second half of the season...

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I make it 9 players still to come back into the squad at various points

McGovern Byram Mumba Giannou Quintilla Zimmerman Steipermann Pukki Idah ?

...there really is no reason why we shouldnt finish this job off in the second half of the season...

Slight word of caution that there will always be somer players injured but it's certainly looking brighter right now

Never in the course of human history has there been so few people moaning about a Norwich city performance than tonight. And trump is no longer president. In the words of the great Carlton Kirby "what a day". 

Will report what Nate silver thinks when all championship fixtures today are over.

Oh and thank you Michael Delia Stiart and Daniel.

Superb win. Given that we now have a 10 day break to get some injured/ill players back fit before a run of really tough league games it was so important we won that one. In the end we did it without really getting out of 2nd gear.

Have to say they livened up a bit more in this second half but Bristol City were really poor. We should have scored 4 or 5 really. It would amaze me if they manage to get into the play-offs ahead of the likes of Stoke or Boro. Was hilarious that we scored the 2nd goal partly as a result of Rowe lying around on the floor when Hugill barely touched him 😂

Delighted for Hugill, can't ask for much more from your striker than to score two goals to win us the game. Man of the match for me personally was Sorenson. Thought he was fantastic on that left hand-side. Gibson, McLean and Skipp were also superb. Emi and Cantwell a constant threat. Great to have Timmy Krul back in goal keeping a clean sheet too, not that he had much to do.

Edited by Pukki Blinders
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

He still looks knackered! Actually he looked knackered in the warm up! 😂

Grant Holt used to look knackered getting off the bus Tbf 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Word up.....Is he wearing a red jockstrap under his shorts?

What is the matter with you tonight? First it's damp patches now it's Onel's jockstrap 😂 Have an early night for goodness sake and sort yourself out 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

What is the matter with you tonight? First it's damp patches now it's Onel's jockstrap 😂 Have an early night for goodness sake and sort yourself out 

Lockdown for you!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Just putting a shout out to Luton scoring tonight please

Oh well, couldn't quite do it, even though they had more possession that Brentford. Toney red card which is always a help

another routine +3

Bubbling over quite nicely at the moment, no big thrashing but dominant, professional, balanced performances where we get the job done.

Quite similar to how Maddison described Leicesters excellent win over Chelsea last night. There's a hell of a lot to enjoy about our side at the moment. Big headache as to how we incorporate Giannoulis, Pukki and Rupp back into the fold as Sorenson, McLean and Hugill were outstanding tonight.

21 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Oh well, couldn't quite do it, even though they had more possession that Brentford. Toney red card which is always a help

Only a one-match ban for Toney as it was a second booking. That means he'll miss the cup game against Leicester and be back for their next league game against Swansea nice and fresh, so not that much of an advantage to us really. 

12 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Up there with 53 Points 

Brucie says ...... PMP!!!!! 

Steve Bruce doesn't!

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Only a one-match ban for Toney as it was a second booking. That means he'll miss the cup game against Leicester and be back for their next league game against Swansea nice and fresh, so not that much of an advantage to us really. 

No point worrying about that at this point. More important we focus on what we're doing and who we're playing. We have no control over what other teams in other games do or do not do.

In reality, there are a few teams in the chasing pack with games in hand. Brentford need to worry about them first before us. We just need to keep on keeping one. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Boooo

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Probably better if they take points off each other?

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

No point worrying about that at this point. More important we focus on what we're doing and who we're playing. We have no control over what other teams in other games do or do not do.

In reality, there are a few teams in the chasing pack with games in hand. Brentford need to worry about them first before us. We just need to keep on keeping one. 

I'm certainly not worried. I'm trying to see how big a gap we can win this league by! 🙂

Swansea v Brentford next week btw

It’s sad as I really don’t think a welsh team should in the English football premiership and really don’t want another London club there either!

I know not many like Bournemouth but much rather teams like them and Brighton and us in the premiership to be honest.

Just now, chicken said:

I'm sure all the team are worrying about is their own performances and results, which is as it should be. No harm in trying to identify marginal gains elsewhere, though; the more points our rivals drop, the sooner we can establish an insurmountable lead.

Before we play again in the league, Watford and Reading play twice, Bournemouth, Swansea and Brentford all play once. In that time, Swansea play Brentford and Reading play Bournemouth, so at least two of those five are guaranteed to drop points. In addition, Watford have two tough away games at Stoke and Millwall, and Reading also travel to Preston. If we can beat Middlesbrough and Millwall, we could even afford to lose to Swansea and still be comfortably top of the table.

It's looking better with every passing matchday.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

It’s sad as I really don’t think a welsh team should in the English football premiership and really don’t want another London club there either!

I know not many like Bournemouth but much rather teams like them and Brighton and us in the premiership to be honest.

Nah, I'd like to see Bournemouth struggle to be honest. Swansea and Cardiff are bigger clubs IMHO. Bournemouth seem to get favourable reviews by the press etc because of that time Harry Redknapp did something with them and then because Howe is such a nice young manager.

In reality, they are a pretty tiny club who cheated, financially, to gain promotion the last time. They spend money like it is going out of fashion and on spend alone should be doing better than Burnley. That they're not delights me to be honest. Cheats don't deserve it easy.

I admire the way Swansea have tried to stick to a philosophy and style across management appointments and player signings. The Welsh bit doesn't bother me so much.

• Like 1