lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Bristol City*****

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Cheers, didn't hear that bit as only turned on at 6 (blooming plastics) 🤷🏻

It was the sky commentary so if you're on ifollow you wouldn't have heard it.

Not sure what McClean & Cantwell have been on but two games running been absolutely superb, great strike by McClean really good save and what a first time cross by Cantwell.

Maybe everyone should wear odd boots!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

As dominant a half of football as we've played this season, like Hendrie says it's like we've got an extra player than them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Not sure what McClean & Cantwell have been on but two games running been absolutely superb, great strike by McClean really good save and what a first time cross by Cantwell.

I didnt want to bring it up but you said Bristol had 3 strikers better than Hugill. I said you were wrong at the time but i would like to just confirm that in writing if i may.

• Haha 1

Fantastic first half, seemed to get better and better as it went on. Everyone playing well but Cantwell, McLean and Gibson standing out for me. Both full backs also been very good.

A shame we didn't put the game to bed, I'm not expecting such an easy ride for the second half. 

Just hope we don't let our good first half performances levels drop at the restart as we have been guilty of.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I didnt want to bring it up but you said Bristol had 3 strikers better than Hugill. I said you were wrong at the time but i would like to just confirm that in writing if i may.

Are you serious, he’s been non existent then scores a header placed on his head by Cantwell! He played better Saturday! Martin would have scored that!

Edited by Indy

Just now, Indy said:

Are you serious, he’s been non existent then scores a header placed on his head be Cantwell! He played better Saturday! Martin would have scored that!

Lol, so sad.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Confidence is a powerful drug grasshopper

Just now, Indy said:

Are you serious, he’s been non existent then scores a header placed on his head by Cantwell! He played better Saturday! Martin would have scored that!

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

OK, well at least I know to ignore any future player criticisms from you because they're based on some weird preconception.

Amazing what happens with Hugill when people start lobbing crosses in for him to attack. Think of him as the poor man's white Romelu Lukaku. You don't want him doing the technical stuff beyond holding it up, but smack a nice array of crosses into the mixer and he'll be there salivating like a horny teenager over a Scarlett Johansson photoshoot getting on the end of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Fantastic first half, seemed to get better and better as it went on. Everyone playing well but Cantwell, McLean and Gibson standing out for me. Both full backs also been very good.

A shame we didn't put the game to bed, I'm not expecting such an easy ride for the second half. 

Just hope we don't let our good first half performances levels drop at the restart as we have been guilty of.

When do we ever do things easy? Getting the feeling we will score a second, slow things down only for Bristol to nap a goal against the run of play at the 70-80th minute and then they dominate the match for a very nervy ending..

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

OK, well at least I know to ignore any future player criticisms from you because they're based on some weird preconception.

Seriously you really do bite too easy! It was a great finish!

Hell of a first time cross though.

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Amazing what happens with Hugill when people start lobbing crosses in for him to attack. Think of him as the poor man's white Romelu Lukaku. You don't want him doing the technical stuff beyond holding it up, but smack a nice array of crosses into the mixer and he'll be there salivating like a horny teenager over a Scarlett Johansson photoshoot getting on the end of them.

Very detailed that TGS.....................

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Hell of a first time cross though.

Fair

• Like 1

Just now, Indy said:

No winky face emoji, no “I was being ironic” excuse. Them’s the rules. 😉

Just now, hogesar said:

Fair

He still looks knackered! Actually he looked knackered in the warm up! 😂

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

No winky face emoji, no “I was being ironic” excuse. Them’s the rules. 😉

Sorry I should have but I knew Hogs would bite! He started it 😉

I will say since my criticism of McClean a few games back, he’s gone to another level, perhaps he read my views on here and took my thoughts onboard  🤔.......

Then again 😂

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, Indy said:

He still looks knackered! Actually he looked knackered in the warm up! 😂

I keep thinking his hands are gonna finally wobble off.

In other news, Gibson's through balls have been simply fabulous!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

I keep thinking his hands are gonna finally wobble off.

In other news, Gibson's through balls have been simply fabulous!

I must admit a part of Gibson game that’s impressive.

• Like 1