Sign in to follow this  
Drazen Muzinic

We All Have At Least One...

Zaha, no player has ever been more overrated, cheats more than any other player (including Grealish), and always has a look like he's about to burst into tears.

P.S. I can't believe no-one else has mentioned Fellaini. I don't want to waste words on him, but see what KC said about Herrera.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

P.S. I can't believe no-one else has mentioned Fellaini. I don't want to waste words on him, but see what KC said about Herrera.

For me Fellaini was just a bit of thug, not as two faced and deceitful as Herrera.

Diego Costa was similar too.

Also Cristiano Ronaldo- hugely talented player but in his early career he looked like was about to cry every time he didn't get a freekick, then in later career his ego was absolutely off the charts. I remember him scoring a penalty in a Champions League final when the game was already over and ripping his shirt off and posing for the cameras as if his goal was the winner rather than a pretty meaningless bit of extra icing on the cake.

45 minutes ago, king canary said:

Also Cristiano Ronaldo- hugely talented player but in his early career he looked like was about to cry every time he didn't get a freekick, then in later career his ego was absolutely off the charts. I remember him scoring a penalty in a Champions League final when the game was already over and ripping his shirt off and posing for the cameras as if his goal was the winner rather than a pretty meaningless bit of extra icing on the cake.

Ronaldo is a good man when it comes to off the field donations such as this....

Cristiano Ronaldo donates $83,000 to pay for sick child’s operation | For The Win (usatoday.com)

The cynic in me says footballers donating to fund good causes is akin to politicians kissing babies. I am not however always cynical. The effort ( rather than money, though it is of course useful) that some players put into community work is commendable. Most players are in fact two people...the on and the off pitch persona. Diego Costa .....a nightmare on the pitch but is reputedly a very kind warm and generous person off it.  Ryan Giggs, superb on the pitch but has his own demons off it.

In response to the OP though, I never liked Billy Bremner.. ....I would of course concede that he may be a sweetie pie off the pitch.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

The cynic in me says footballers donating to fund good causes is akin to politicians kissing babies. I am not however always cynical. The effort ( rather than money, though it is of course useful) that some players put into community work is commendable. Most players are in fact two people...the on and the off pitch persona. Diego Costa .....a nightmare on the pitch but is reputedly a very kind warm and generous person off it.  Ryan Giggs, superb on the pitch but has his own demons off it.

In response to the OP though, I never liked Billy Bremner.. ....I would of course concede that he may be a sweetie pie off the pitch.

My work colleague didn't like Bremner but always hated Johnny Giles more - said he was a much 'dirtier ****'.

I would've still wanted Dave Mackay to finish the job here though...

image.jpeg.c17ea0513bb77ab49479ad149426f513.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Andy Carroll and the chavvy Barnes that plays for Burnley - not the Barnes who plays for Leicester. Also really hate mascherano!

Funny that you mention Jonny Giles as I didnt like him either. A few years ago I met him, I ended up being sat next to him at a meeting. He was warm and funny and was more interested in what we were doing with the young players than being the star of the show. He really did just want to help, refused expenses and was first to the bar after the meeting. I left feeling like id wasted 40years disliking someone id only ever seen playing football.....for teams I disliked. 

• Like 3

Can we include presenters? I detest Mark Chapman. Knows nothing; cringeing, ingratiating pillock who can't pronounce the word, "Manchester" ever!!!

49 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Steven Naismith is another one who apparently did a lot for good causes as well as making a public display of his generosity I still don't think he'd get the time of days from most Norwich fans though!

21 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Can we include presenters? I detest Mark Chapman. Knows nothing; cringeing, ingratiating pillock who can't pronounce the word, "Manchester" ever!!!

I've always quite liked 'Chappers' but I concede he isn't for everyone. 

I personally can't stand Chris Sutton as a pundit which is a shame with the Norwich connection.

44 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Funny that you mention Jonny Giles as I didnt like him either. A few years ago I met him, I ended up being sat next to him at a meeting. He was warm and funny and was more interested in what we were doing with the young players than being the star of the show. He really did just want to help, refused expenses and was first to the bar after the meeting. I left feeling like id wasted 40years disliking someone id only ever seen playing football.....for teams I disliked. 

I think there’s a lesson for us all 👍

34 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I think there’s a lesson for us all 👍

Yep  , it wasnt like I was actively anti jonny Giles  , just that I thought I didnt like him and that was how I felt  when I heard his name... daft.

8 hours ago, AJ said:

Thirded. Maddison walks all over the guy.

Exactly!! Madders is purposeful and dont go missing whereas cocklish hardly ever shows and gets raved about for England 

On 19/01/2021 at 22:02, Drazen Muzinic said:

...opposition player who repeatedly gets on your ****.

Mine is Troý Deeney ever since he gave off a load of mouth before our fixture with Walsall in L1

Tonight he scores a winning pen after a tackle at the weekend which should've got a red and a ban.

Bah.

Yeah, he's still living rent-free in my head tonight 😕

And a handful of dishonourable mentions also go to Fabian Wilnis - and 2 ex City players sadly. Danny Mills, because we all know the story with that bloke, and Andy Townsend because he only played for Chelsea and Aston Villa so it seems.

15 hours ago, Billyboybunters said:

One from the past Andy Johnson when he played at Palarse. Diving little ****

God yeah I couldn't stand him and then doing that 'dive' celebration in front of our fans after he scored at Carrow Road was the cherry on top. 

Looking back at his stats you'd think 'wow 21 Premier League goals in his first season, amazing!' until you realise 11 of them were penalties.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

God yeah I couldn't stand him and then doing that 'dive' celebration in front of our fans after he scored at Carrow Road was the cherry on top. 

Looking back at his stats you'd think 'wow 21 Premier League goals in his first season, amazing!' until you realise 11 of them were penalties.

Would be interesting to see how many of those would be given now that VAR is in place.

. That irish **** that refused to wear a shirt with a poppy.  Not mentioning his name as he does not deserve it. 🤐

Edited by paul moy