Sign in to follow this  
Meeky

cThe Transfer Policy 2005-6: How It All Began.

The Transfer Policy 2005-6: How It All Began.

Norwich, 7 April 2005. Nigel Worthington sits in his office, writing a list of names, talking to himself.

NW: We need workers, notmean. (He writes) Andy Hughes ... Jason Jarrett ...

There is a knock on the door.

NW: Hello?

Thomas Helveg walks in.

NW: Who are you?
TH: I''m Thomas Helveg. You signed me from Inter Milan last summer, remember?
NW: Why are you talking in that funny voice, notmean?
TH: It''s my accent, I''m Scandinavian.
NW: Oh ... I see.
TH: I want to know why I''m not in the team. We''ve lost six games in a row, we''re leaking goals, the defence is a real mess and I''m back to full fitness.
NW: There might be a gap at right-wing if Graham Stuart gets injured, notmean.
TH: No - I want to play at right-back.
NW: Is that your position?
TH: Yes!
NW: Hmm. OK - this is the sit-u-a-shun. We''ve got Man Utd at home. You and the Egyptian guy can have a game. You can''t say I haven''t given you a fair chance, notmean.
TH: I should have been given more of a chance. I''ve won the Champions League, played in Serie A and-
NW: Stop talking in that stupid voice!
TH: I''m the captain of Denmark - put me in the team!
NW: You''ve got a bad attitude, Timmy.
TH: Thomas.
NW: Whatever. You''re in on Saturday. Now get out of my office, and don''t go trying to pass the ball out of defence again.
TH: (Leaves) Gormless t**t.
NW: I heard that, you Swedish tosser!

(Gets on the phone)

NW: Hello, is that Roger? Yes, I don''t want any more of these "foreigners", notmean? (Listens) Oh OK, maybe some cheap full-back from Holland, but no more internashunals, notmean? (Puts the phone down) Now, where was I? Oh yes, here we are ... Mick McCarthy''s phone number ...

Had to put this on here, taken from the WOTB, Ottoson Foxtrot

I''ve no idea how this managed to get published on this website as it is slanderous, libellous, inflammatory, based on no knowledge of the real life of a football manager........................................bloody great Meeky!

[quote user="Herb"]Typical witless WOTB staple....
[/quote]

Ah Herb,  I still remember your comments many uears agoconcerning Hamilton doing a good job, and how chase was dooing a Good job for the club, he saved us etc etc and dont you forget we should get off his case. Unfortunatly the younger generation (under 50)  do not tolerate mediocraty and failure no matter how nice a guy the person may be.

"Probably more down to the fact you''d get put in your place." - no I have put people in their place before especially this idiot whom sits two rows behind me and consistently berates the players

"You''re happy to do it on here, after all." - discussing the abilities of footballers is all part of being a supporter, why should i not call Derveld the worst left back we have ever had.  Why should I not complain about Rivers laziness.  Why should I not complain at Hamiltons post match comments (we passed it well) after a thrashing at wolves in which we had a solitary shot.  This is a forum where people come to discuss opinions, the same as I would do with friends.

"Meaningless bluster, anyone taking you seriously wants their head looking at."  Well i was quoted in the center pages of the edp on monday, so obviously some are listening...

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/Story.asp?Brand=PINKUNonline&Category=Norwich&ItemId=NOED23+Jan+2006+09%3A40%3A26%3A790

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

Ah Herb,  I still remember your comments many uears agoconcerning Hamilton doing a good job, and how chase was dooing a Good job for the club, he saved us etc etc and dont you forget we should get off his case. Unfortunatly the younger generation (under 50)  do not tolerate mediocraty and failure no matter how nice a guy the person may be.

[/quote]Must have been the voices in your head mate, I''ve never commented on Hamilton or Chase publically anywhere other than Carrow Road when I was calling for their heads.Does your stance against mediocrity extend to spelling it properly?

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

So what are your feelings on the squad and performances herb??

[/quote]Performances I''m less than impressed with, obviously. The squad isn''t far off in terms of numbers and quality. Yes they haven''t gelled as quickly as they might have done, yes we need a proper right (and left imo) winger, and yes Ashton has gone. The same old posters posting the same old negative nonsense about nothing else 10 or 15 times a day is simply stating the bleeding obvious and does nothing but create a nasty atmosphere on the boards.Etuhu and Jarret amongst others have been written off on the strength of half a dozen games, just like Doherty last season and Iwan a few years back, thats the sort of idiocy I''m talking about. Lots of great players for Norwich and every other team have taken time to settle in, especially when they are dropped straight into an underperforming team. People like that so obviously don''t know the first thing about football, I wonder why they even follow the game.Who would I sign? Half-decent right and left wingers, a striker that can head the ball and a central defender as cover for Flem (might get a bit creaky now hes 53) and Shacks (needs an op, who knows if he''ll last the season if called on)Finding them is another matter at the best of times, but especially when everyone knows we''ve got 7 mil burning a hole in our pocket.We''re having a crappy season, I fully expected it after relegation and fully expected Ashton to go in Jan. I pretty much wrote off this season as soon as we went down, too many players inevitably leave after relegation, the hangover for the remaining players etc etc.I fully expect us to come out fighting fit next season though, thats a reasonable timescale to rebuild a squad of our size.