Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

19th Janupdates-Giannoulis needs work permit, pukki out

Thread will be updated as news comes in

Farke on Giannoulis: 'We are interested. We are aware of this player. We have tried to sign him and we aren't far away. Advanced talks. But it isn't done. Before all the paperwork is done, I can't confirm it. Still key paperwork to do. He needs a work permit. It's still too soon to speak about the details'

Farke on Emi- 'Nothing will happen with Emi Buendia this month. In this business you can't confirm something with 100% guarantee, but I'd label it 99%. If I judge it in an objective way, it makes no sense for any of my players to leave at this moment and it makes no sense for the club to sell our players in January.'

'Teemu Pukki will be out, the situation with his side strain is much improved, but we expect him to be out for the FA Cup also. It's a bit too soon to bring him back

Tim Krul is much improved after his COVID situation, he was out on the training pitch. If he goes through this afternoon's training session he may be involved tomorrow.

Christoph Zimmermann will miss tomorrow with a slight hip muscle strain. I hope he's ready to go for Saturday, but he misses this game. We have Xavi Quintilla and Bali Mumba out for COVID reasons. Adam Idah has recovered, but is still finishing his rehab so will not be involved.

Rupp will return to training today, he was out with two muscle injuries then flu. Josh Martin was out with the flu for quite long, but he's also back and a topic for tomorrow.

Adam's Idah rehab as at the finishing stages, I'm pretty hopeful he can return to team training next week. He's back in our group doing individual stuff.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Cambridgeshire's updates need to be accompanied by a video of a bell tolling and someone intoning 'Unclean, unclean. Bring out your dead...'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Farke on Emi- 'Nothing will happen with Emi Buendia this month. In this business you can't confirm something with 100% guarantee, but I'd label it 99%. If I judge it in an objective way, it makes no sense for any of my players to leave at this moment and it makes no sense for the club to sell our players in January.'

Glad we are all on the same page. Will still be relieved when this window is closed though!

Looks like Hugill will have to do a full shift again.  

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Farke on Giannoulis: 'We are interested. We are aware of this player. We have tried to sign him and we aren't far away. Advanced talks. But it isn't done. Before all the paperwork is done, I can't confirm it. Still key paperwork to do. He needs a work permit. It's still too soon to speak about the details'

'Teemu Pukki will be out, the situation with his side strain is much improved, but we expect him to be out for the FA Cup also. It's a bit too soon to bring him back

Tim Krul is much improved after his COVID situation, he was out on the training pitch. If he goes through this afternoon's training session he may be involved tomorrow.

Christoph Zimmermann will miss tomorrow with a slight hip muscle strain. I hope he's ready to go for Saturday, but he misses this game. We have Xavi Quintilla and Bali Mumba out for COVID reasons. Adam Idah has recovered, but is still finishing his rehab so will not be involved.

Rupp will return to training today, he was out with two muscle injuries then flu. Josh Martin was out with the flu for quite long, but he's also back and a topic for tomorrow.

Adam's Idah rehab as at the finishing stages, I'm pretty hopeful he can return to team training next week. He's back in our group doing individual stuff.

Can we ask Moy or Jools if they are disappointed Giannoulis will require a work permit?