Jersey Canary

Aiden Fitzpatrick

Could be another late bloomer like Cantwell, but he'll be 20 in March and the Scottish Championship isn't a great standard to be playing at. This is the brilliant thing about our club philosophy, though - so many young and talented players out on loan, any of whom could make the grade or fall by the wayside. Just off the top of my head - Hondermarck, Sitti, Adshead, Fitzpatrick, Famewo, Bushiri, Mair, Thomas...

22 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Could be another late bloomer like Cantwell, but he'll be 20 in March and the Scottish Championship isn't a great standard to be playing at. This is the brilliant thing about our club philosophy, though - so many young and talented players out on loan, any of whom could make the grade or fall by the wayside. Just off the top of my head - Hondermarck, Sitti, Adshead, Fitzpatrick, Famewo, Bushiri, Mair, Thomas...

Yep - plus McCallum, Thorvaldson, Ahadme and a couple of olders ones Like Sinani and Louis Thompson (and positively old ones like Klose and Heisse 🙂 ). 

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yep - plus McCallum, Thorvaldson, Ahadme and a couple of olders ones Like Sinani and Louis Thompson (and positively old ones like Klose and Heisse 🙂 ). 

Oh god, McCallum of course! I deliberately didn't include Thompson because he's about 47 already, but Sinani is another unknown quantity for sure. Don't know much about Thorvaldson or Ahadme, I must admit.

17 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh god, McCallum of course! I deliberately didn't include Thompson because he's about 47 already, but Sinani is another unknown quantity for sure. Don't know much about Thorvaldson or Ahadme, I must

We have seen Sinani play a few times 

Just now, Number9 said:

We have seen Sinani play a few times 

What did you make of him?

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It was only in pre-season friendlies. He looked useful on the ball and had some nice touches if my memory serves correctly, but really not enough evidence to go on.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

😁 you want me to post a negative comment after only seeing him play a few times. 

Farke had a look and sent him out on loan.

What did you think of him Wolfie? 

Edited by Number9

16 minutes ago, Number9 said:

you want me to post a negative comment after only seeing him play a few times. 

You don't usually let that stop you 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

You don't usually let that stop you 

Can you remember watching him?

18 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Interesting to say the various levels of success these loanee seem to be having. Lots of the benefits of Alan spell come from playing week in week put no matter the level and forcing players to try and remain consistent.

Sitti hasn't kicked a ball, Bushiri has only played 6 times and Sinani seems to be in and out of the team, all in relatively weak leagues, which doesn't bode all that well for their futures here

Adshead, McCallum, Famewo and Fitzpatrick on the other hand seem to be starting most weeks so fingers crossed for them.

59 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

No, which is why I'm not going to judge him yet

He didn’t look out of place in the two friendlies I saw him in and I’m sure he was the one who assisted Hugills goal

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, king canary said:

Interesting to say the various levels of success these loanee seem to be having. Lots of the benefits of Alan spell come from playing week in week put no matter the level and forcing players to try and remain consistent.

Sitti hasn't kicked a ball, Bushiri has only played 6 times and Sinani seems to be in and out of the team, all in relatively weak leagues, which doesn't bode all that well for their futures here

Adshead, McCallum, Famewo and Fitzpatrick on the other hand seem to be starting most weeks so fingers crossed for them.

Don’t judge them on that, Harry Kane only played three times in our relegated team

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

😁 you want me to post a negative comment after only seeing him play a few times. 

Farke had a look and sent him out on loan.

What did you think of him Wolfie? 

I can't remember seeing him in the pre-season matches, so was just wondering what you made of him. Not sure why you think otherwise.

30 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I can't remember seeing him in the pre-season matches, so was just wondering what you made of him. Not sure why you think otherwise.

I'm usually getting accused of being negative because I don't always agree with the masses. 😁

I only saw him a few times, looked like it might have been some levels up from where he's been playing. 

Farke decided to send him out on loan. It doesn't mean he's not a good player, just that snapshot showed a step up was needed.

What happens when we're promoted? Out on loan again I suppose,  earning his keep. 

49 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I'm usually getting accused of being negative because I don't always agree with the masses. 😁

I only saw him a few times, looked like it might have been some levels up from where he's been playing. 

Farke decided to send him out on loan. It doesn't mean he's not a good player, just that snapshot showed a step up was needed.

What happens when we're promoted? Out on loan again I suppose,  earning his keep. 

Play the post, not the poster! 🙂

Yeah, it's a massive step from the Luxembourg league even to the Championship, let alone the Premier League. I know he said he was surprised to be loaned out, but if we go up it's highly unlikely he'll be part of a top-flight squad. A Championship loan would probably be the best idea.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, it's a massive step from the Luxembourg league even to the Championship, let alone the Premier League. I know he said he was surprised to be loaned out, but if we go up it's highly unlikely he'll be part of a top-flight squad. A Championship loan would probably be the best idea.

I think we will go up, and this time it's likely to affect a big proportion of our players. 

Emi, Max & Todd seem likely to be off.

Skipp and Xavi will be off.

Gibson hopefully will stay but it's not guaranteed?

Vrancic, Tettey, McGovern, Steiperman etc likely to move on. 

If the club is as skint as we're led to believe, will be a rather frenetic summer window should we get promoted. 

9 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I think we will go up, and this time it's likely to affect a big proportion of our players. 

Emi, Max & Todd seem likely to be off.

Skipp and Xavi will be off.

Gibson hopefully will stay but it's not guaranteed?

Vrancic, Tettey, McGovern, Steiperman etc likely to move on. 

If the club is as skint as we're led to believe, will be a rather frenetic summer window should we get promoted. 

We won't sell all 3 of those young players. Happy to charity bet it too.

Gibson we have the option on signing upon promotion no idea if its compulsory but unless significant injury issues that will happen too.

I'm glad you think we will go up. You didn't seem to think Farke stood a chance a few months ago.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think a lot of people got their expectations for Sinani way out of whack in the summer. He was occasionally mentioned as a Buendia replacement!

I stick with my earlier comparison of the transfer to when we signed Cody McDonald. A low cost, low risk punt on a player who has shown some serious skills at a significantly lower level. If he even shows himself to be a capable player at Championship level that will be a massive win for us.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Gibson we have the option on signing upon promotion no idea if its compulsory but unless significant injury issues that will happen too.

I'm glad you think we will go up. You didn't seem to think Farke stood a chance a few months ago.

My understanding is Gibson is compulsory.

Re the three younger players- I think we're most likely to hang on to Aarons but I don't think what Number9 is suggesting is hugely unlikely. 

14 minutes ago, king canary said:

My understanding is Gibson is compulsory.

Re the three younger players- I think we're most likely to hang on to Aarons but I don't think what Number9 is suggesting is hugely unlikely. 

I think it's a given that Emi will be off in the summer regardless. I think if Cantwell was going to sign a new contract he'd have done it by now, but we'll probably cash in on him in the summer if he doesn't. With Max, I guess it depends on who bids and how much they bid. Emi will definitely go in the summer, Todd will probably go, and Max is a maybe.

23 minutes ago, hogesar said:

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think it's a given that Emi will be off in the summer regardless. I think if Cantwell was going to sign a new contract he'd have done it by now, but we'll probably cash in on him in the summer if he doesn't. With Max, I guess it depends on who bids and how much they bid. Emi will definitely go in the summer, Todd will probably go, and Max is a maybe.

I suspect that you believe all three of those are unlikely to be at Norwich next season. 

Everybody has personality traits which set us apart from the person next to us. 

Farke's personality traits contributed to getting us promoted, relegated and possibly promoted again. 

It's obviously early days in his managerial career, I can see his potential but also I can see how he makes life harder for us at times. 

Hopefully those around him can help him learn from the mistakes of the past couple of seasons so as to survive should we be promoted next season. 

It's not going to be straight forward though, because of the player transfer issues I referred to earlier. 

Fitzpatrick's goal for Queen of the South at the weekend here: (0:49 onwards). A decent goal - be careful about having your ears split by a Brazilian style stadium announcer. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sinani had two games over in Germany. They were on YouTube. 

He was ok. Think he hit the bar in one of the games. But I also remember Farke shouting at him a lot. 

I'm not sure he'll make the grade here. We'll see.