Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The top 7 as it stands

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

It will look even better if Barnsley turnover Swansea shortly which is quite possible.

Nothing like a Yorkshire Turnover.🍪

Edited by keelansgrandad

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It will look even better if Barnsley turnover Swansea shortly which is quite possible.

Carlton Morris, your time is now.

• Like 2

Lots of games in hand through. It might look very different once they are played. We are doing really well to be top of such a high quality league. I really do think that the bar for automatic promotion might be higher this year than in previous seasons.

Edited by Petriix

34 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Looks pretty good doesn't it? Enjoy your weekend lads 😉

20210116_170348.jpg

Apart from Swansea, am I right in saying we play the rest at home?

Yes - Our penultimate home game is Bournemouth on 17 April, then Watford at home on 20 April before the final game of the season at QPR. Conversely, of the top 7 our only away game amongst them is at Swansea.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Lots of games in hand through. It might look very different once they are played. We are doing really well to be top of such a high quality league. I really do think that the bar for automatic promotion might be higher this year than in previous seasons.

Yes the teams around us have games in hand, but effectively now they all have to win their games in hand. I think anyone would agree it’s far better to get 3 points prior to the other teams around you as then you put pressure on the those teams and they need to win their games in hand in order to catch up. Having games in hand also means more fixtures crammed.

Would have been a different matter if we’d drawn or lost, but in my opinion games in hand for other teams only pose a threat to us if we drop points

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canary73 said:

Yes - Our penultimate home game is Bournemouth on 17 April, then Watford at home on 20 April before the final game of the season at QPR. Conversely, of the top 7 our only away game amongst them is at Swansea.  

We'll be up by then 😊

38 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Yes the teams around us have games in hand, but effectively now they all have to win their games in hand. I think anyone would agree it’s far better to get 3 points prior to the other teams around you as then you put pressure on the those teams and they need to win their games in hand in order to catch up. Having games in hand also means more fixtures crammed.

Would have been a different matter if we’d drawn or lost, but in my opinion games in hand for other teams only pose a threat to us if we drop points

An old saying but true none the less

"Points in the bag are better than games in hand"

Brentford are doing what they always do, but ultimately when push comes to shove, they bottle it every single time so let’s not forget that. Kind of bored of hearing every season whenever we’re in this league about what they’ll do once they’re in the Premier League next year. Hear it every single year without fail and quite frankly it’s boring now. First of all, instead of talking about it, just bloody do it! Some of them think they’ve already won their two games in hand and are 3 points off us now. Dangerous game that, counting the wins before you’ve played the minutes. Just ask Bournemouth, they were in that position very recently and now look at them, their form is appalling!