Petriix

Hugill's (lack of) movement

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Ok Indy. 

I'll take it back. You do like him it's just that he was knackered after 20 mins and second half he was a bystander🙃

We all see things differently.

Pretty much, Nutty, I’d love for us to find a Mckenzie / Jackson type player to loan to actually give us a real plan b, someone to play off Hugill.

Would I have paid potentially 5 million for him, not on your nelly! But that’s my opinion.

Bystander is a little harsh but he certainly looked knackered in the second half, maybe had we had more options on the bench he might have been subbed. But certainly like that type of player, I was one calling for Mitrovic or Woods many moons ago before both became out of our price range. I’m all for a good unit up top, think it gives you more options.

Edited by Indy

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This is what I mean by people seeing what they want to see in a match.

Despite Vrancic playing as a midfielder he only touched the ball TWO TIMES more than Hugill did.

Not at all you think Hugill was better than Vrancic? I’m sure Sorensen probably touched the ball more than both!

Edited by Indy

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Not at all you think Hugill was better than Vrancic? I’m sure Sorensen probably touched the ball more than both!

No, I don't. I was simply responding to how you incorrectly implied Hugill barely touched the ball in comparison to Vrancic.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No, I don't. I was simply responding to how you incorrectly implied Hugill barely touched the ball in comparison to Vrancic.

Nope I said Vrancic was more mobile and covered the press better, I said about Hugill second half, he wasn’t in the game almost bypassed, that’s why I said about his touches in the second half stats. Vrancic touches and passes contributed to us winning that game.  Along with McClean and Cantwell they worked their socks off.

Edited by Indy

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nope I said Vrancic was more mobile and covered the press better, I said about Hugill second half, he wasn’t in the game almost bypassed, that’s why I said about his touches in the second half stats. Vrancic touches and passes contributed to us winning that game.  Along with McClean and Cantwell they worked their socks off.

But Hugills touches didnt contribute?

You keep moving the goalposts. Look at your posts and what I replied to.

Hugiill was a passenger. He didn't win the game or do much.

I do like him and he has it in his locker to do something. 

He needs a leaf out of Grant Holt's book -  no ****s given i'll do what i need to do and not care. 

Hugiill is on a lot of money and came from a big club. Do better

32 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

He needs a leaf out of Grant Holt's book -  no ****s given i'll do what i need to do and not care. 

Passenger? Really?  There were several times when the ball was lofted forwards and Hugill made himself favourite to get the ball with his physicality and desire, then controlling it and passing to one of our players. To my mind that is what his type of player up front playing on their own should do, so he is doing ok - and he was involved in the winning goal.

I know what the issue is - goal threat, but then he scored last time out, was involved in the winning goal yesterday, so he is arguably doing that too.

• Like 2

Hugill a constant menace in the first half, and a textbook brilliant finish. He really does add something different for us, and for £5mil quid is a great value signing in this day and age. Good to see what he can do now he’s actually starting games, and not getting slaughtered for not getting a hat trick when only getting 10 mins here and there. 

He's a pain in the **** for defenders, and that's not something easily picked up in stats. Gets on them, pushes them about, drags them around, and creates space. That doesn't always get reflected in assists and goals, but I'll bet if you ask Cantwell or Buendia about what he brings, they'll appreciate the fact he gives them an extra yard of space to play precise balls.

At the risk of being unusually critical of fellow posters, I do get the impression some let stats blind them a bit too much re. what's actually happening on the grass.

On 17/01/2021 at 22:34, Chelm Canary said:

Was that a bit more like what you were after? That's certainly the most dominant I've seen him in a City shirt, really bossed it tonight.

2 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Hugill is growing on me, hopefully he will continue to improve. There is no doubting his work ethic

that will go against the gran old fellow, as it suggests he might be playing as bad as he looks

mind you that stunning bit of control to get the ball over the line for the 2nd certainly put to shame anything that Cantwell or Buendia did tonight

and the lucky cross by Aarons who was jammy enough to get past his player to try to shoot - thankfully Hugill had read all that and positioned himself perfect for the mis****

and only a player two moves ahead would have headed the ball straight at the keeper, knowing that he would be ruled offside

we are in the presence of a footballing true genius

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

that will go against the gran old fellow, as it suggests he might be playing as bad as he looks

mind you that stunning bit of control to get the ball over the line for the 2nd certainly put to shame anything that Cantwell or Buendia did tonight

and the lucky cross by Aarons who was jammy enough to get past his player to try to shoot - thankfully Hugill had read all that and positioned himself perfect for the mis****

and only a player two moves ahead would have headed the ball straight at the keeper, knowing that he would be ruled offside

Yes, because Cantwell and Buendia have never made errors in games have they? And Pukki, of course, has never missed a chance in his City career...

Always amusing when, rather than consider they could have judged a player harshly, people double down on their inconsistency rather than hold their hands up.

13 minutes ago, Bill said:

Pathetic 

34 minutes ago, Bill said:

Surely this is a troll?

37 minutes ago, Bill said:

Can we ban this Mr formations doesn't exist blithering idiot?

Its worse than a 5 year old talking about football.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Was that a bit more like what you were after? That's certainly the most dominant I've seen him in a City shirt, really bossed it tonight.

You're God damn right it is my friend. 

I saw it coming. Isn't that why the manager played him?

This is what i wanted to see.