Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Cantwell's Boots

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Those boots got the winner, that's all I give a **** about 👍🤷‍♂️

That was his best performance this season, if wearing odd boots is what it takes then I'm all for it. 

• Like 3

Come the revolution, players who wear odd colour boots will be first up against the wall! Well, perhaps after those that dive all the time 😁

I put this in the match thread, but as there is a thread about it....

Having different coloured boots is a good thing. Two different colours on two fast moving feet is more likely to confuse players trying to tackle him. He is already a complete handful on the ball, the mesmerising effect of different colours on his feet can only add to that. 

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Having different coloured boots is a good thing. Two different colours on two fast moving feet is more likely to confuse players trying to tackle him. He is already a complete handful on the ball, the mesmerising effect of different colours on his feet can only add to that. 

Not that I have anything against his choice of footwear but I can’t see this having any effect when it comes to confusing people.

If anything I think having football / grass coloured boots would be your best bet for drawing fouls at speed but it would end up fooling the ref as well.

Edited by YellowYawner

Next will be a thread about cantwells hair. People like to pick at him for some reason 

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Is he wearing one orange boot and one blue boot?

Is this already a thing or is he a style pioneer? 

I think it's been a Puma thing for a while. I recall seeing it before a few times.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
Can't spell apparently

Eadie in the commentary today said it was a "thing" that boot companies tried to promote a few years back.  Todd is a Puma influencer, so Eadie thought Puma was re-launching mixed coloured pairs again.  

some good stuff on this thread, maybe green boots green legs and green hair and he could ghost through defenders, even more than he does now😀 in fact he could even stay on when he's subbed

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Two different colours on two fast moving feet is more likely to confuse players trying to tackle him.

Now Lakey.

That statement is worthy of a long Lakey Lecture.

I bet even you can't believe you wrote such nonsense.

😱

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Van wink said:

some good stuff on this thread, maybe green boots green legs and green hair and he could ghost through defenders, even more than he does now😀 in fact he could even stay on when he's subbed

Surely camouflage makes more sense, works for the army 🤷🏻

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

🤔

My lad said Cantwell could get away with it on telly but god help any player he goes up against in his under 16 footy league. 😁

1 hour ago, lappinitup said:
4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Two different colours on two fast moving feet is more likely to confuse players trying to tackle him.

Now Lakey.

Ok, you asked for it........

To me, it seems it might in some small way help bamboozle defenders.

Someone assumed in the other thread that I would be against him wearing different coloured boots. Not so. He can wear what he likes and have his hair in curlers if he likes - as long as he and the team are doing the business on the pitch.  If he or anyone else dresses up in fancy stuff and plays like a plonker with the team failing around them, then maybe there will be some criticism as to whether they are quite focussed enough on what they should be focussed on.

For developing players, a lot of it is down to maturity - maturity in terms of learning on how to be at your best. Young people have to find that out for themselves and many will make mistakes along the way - which is absolutely fine, as long as they learn from those mistakes. The commentators today kept going on about Todd's flowing blond hair - a real compliment - and that because he was playing so well, not just because he has long hair. If he was playing poorly, then his hair would not even have been mentioned.

The essence is - play well and you can have whatever image you want, play badly and that image may not be your friend. That's not me being prejudiced or anything, it just reflects human nature - dress like a hero and play like a hero and you will be a hero in all senses. Dress like a hero and play poorly and any hero status disappears with that poor play.

End of lecture 🙃

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ok, you asked for it........

To me, it seems it might in some small way help bamboozle defenders.

Someone assumed in the other thread that I would be against him wearing different coloured boots. Not so. He can wear what he likes and have his hair in curlers if he likes - as long as he and the team are doing the business on the pitch.  If he or anyone else dresses up in fancy stuff and plays like a plonker with the team failing around them, then maybe there will be some criticism as to whether they are quite focussed enough on what they should be focussed on.

For developing players, a lot of it is down to maturity - maturity in terms of learning on how to be at your best. Young people have to find that out for themselves and many will make mistakes along the way - which is absolutely fine, as long as they learn from those mistakes. The commentators today kept going on about Todd's flowing blond hair - a real compliment - and that because he was playing so well, not just because he has long hair. If he was playing poorly, then his hair would not even have been mentioned.

The essence is - play well and you can have whatever image you want, play badly and that image may not be your friend. That's not me being prejudiced or anything, it just reflects human nature - dress like a hero and play like a hero and you will be a hero in all senses. Dress like a hero and play poorly and any hero status disappears with that poor play.

End of lecture 🙃

What's so fancy about different coloured boots?

Oh right. 

Nothing. 

13 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Next will be a thread about cantwells hair. People like to pick at him for some reason 

Some people like to see every post about Cantwell as being a negative or a dig, jog on you plum! 

Man sees a footballer wearing odd boots for the first time, asks a legitimate question. Nothing to see here, move on.

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

What's so fancy about different coloured boots?

Oh right. 

Nothing. 

It's different, it's not often you see it, it makes the wearer of them look like they are trying to stand out from the crowd.

24 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's different, it's not often you see it, it makes the wearer of them look like they are trying to stand out from the crowd.

Like a Hat festooned with corks.

17 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

David Bowie had a blue eye and a brown eye (no smutty remarks) and it didn't stop him being mates with Jools.

He's got the photo to prove it 

45 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Like a Hat festooned with corks.

Jealous??

17 hours ago, lake district canary said:

😂 good guess

15 hours ago, lappinitup said:

Now Lakey.

😱

Never played football in his life