lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Cardiff*****

Great result although I couldn't really tell which team had 10 men!

Lots of huff and puff from Cardiff but no real quality in final third.

Comfortable win in the end.

Al

1 minute ago, kirku said:

Todd different class today. Hugill put in a right shift. Kenny and Skipp excellent.

Always a yard behind the opposition players, give's away the ball inviting pressure ! You can get a heart attack with this guy in your team !

Just now, CirclePoint said:

I have to say, I'm not sure what he was doing rolling around with the ball there at the end. Very immature. I know he didn't get the foul but his response is very embracing.

Using up time? He'd already taken it into the corner once.

Just now, CirclePoint said:

I have to say, I'm not sure what he was doing rolling around with the ball there at the end. Very immature. I know he didn't get the foul but his response is very embracing.

I, for one, enjoyed his embracing.

Harry Wilson is hugely overrated. Twice we've played them and twice he's been absolutely anonymous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

We also really need to punish teams on the counter. I agree we started the second half with no intensity but after that we broke and had a player advantage 4 or 5 times in the second half and we really should have finished the game off.

Yes, one more goal would have done it.  To me it looks as if we come out thinking right, let's keep it tight, but all that happens is that it invites pressure.  I would far rather we just keep going with the positivity we showed in the first half.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CirclePoint said:

I have to say, I'm not sure what he was doing rolling around with the ball there at the end. Very immature. I know he didn't get the foul but his response was very embracing.

Gamesmanship. It's exactly the sort of thing Sir Grant Holt would have done and we would have cheered for. Wastes time and p*sses off the opposition and maybe they get themselves sent off.

Just now, kirku said:

I, for one, enjoyed his embracing.

You need to follow a team playing a lower level of football

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Using up time? He'd already taken it into the corner once.

I've never seen a player grab hold of the ball, curl into the fetal position and roll around not letting anyone have it. Seemed very childish.

• Like 1

Just now, Six Pack said:

You need to follow a team playing a lower level of football

Your "banter" needs some serious work.

Just need to negotiate our way past Bristol C on Wednesday and then a week and a half off until the next league game and a chance to clear up some injuries, covid isolations and colds.

Injuries, covid and a cancellation of the league are the only things that can stop us

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

Gamesmanship. It's exactly the sort of thing Sir Grant Holt would have done and we would have cheered for. Wastes time and p*sses off the opposition and maybe they get themselves sent off.

Oh yeah if it was Holt it would have been the best thing ever but some won't acknowedge that whilst Hugill hasn't been good enough for us to date, today he done a really important job for the team.

Good to see the pinkun idiots are keeping their form up. 

McLean had a good game, so let's attack hugill, who has played about 45 minutes of football in 3 months. 

Bunch if absolute ars*s.

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Just need to negotiate our way past Bristol C on Wednesday and then a week and a half off until the next league game and a chance to clear up some injuries, covid isolations and colds.

Injuries, covid and a cancellation of the league are the only things that can stop us

Or you know, a dip in form. 

Oh yeah if it was Holt it would have been the best thing ever but some won't acknowedge that whilst Hugill hasn't been good enough for us to date, today he done a really important job for the team.

Thought Hugill was the only one who had a decent 2nd half to be honest.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nope. If it'd been Holt, I would say the same thing. It was amature and childish.

8 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

You watch the game ?

Too much of a liability

You ever watched any game?

Your opinions are generally completely off-beam. In fact, I've realised that whatever your thoughts, the reality is usually the exact opposite. 

Still not putting enough away from the chances we make. Makes it very nerve wracking in the final ten minutes.

9 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

You watch the game ?

Too much of a liability

Thought he acted like the kid no one likes down the Rec and was taking his football home because mummy said he had to come in for his bath at 6 😂

1 minute ago, Jerrykerry said:

McLean had a good game, so let's attack hugill, who has played about 45 minutes of football in 3 months. 

Bunch if absolute ars*s.

Yes it's harsh but he does have a point.

• Like 1

I thought Hugill was good enough for us today. He played well, got the assist for the second goal and kept their back four occupied enough. Cantwell was superb - I just don't get people on here saying otherwise. Emi had a bit of an off day. Back four, McLean, Skipp and Vrancic all decent too. A solid win, with several gears to go up if necessary.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Bunch if absolute ars*s.

Ah....no..... Not sure I was talking about Hugill's playing. It was his antics at the end when he was rolling on the floor like a child.

Overall Hugill put it a good shift and made the defenders work.

11 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Really good win but after being in control we made it hard for ourselves in the end.

Good local commentary I thought, generally fair and plenty of insight and although some bias it wasn’t too bad.

Commentator did appreciate our quality. Can't recall him saying much about all the Cardiff fouls. Stats said there were 26. Seemed more like 40 to me.

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

50 points already and a nice cushion to 2nd and 3rd place. It’s ours to lose now. 

Kind of agree really. No other team can match our quality.

Just hope we don't do a Leeds and no reason to think we will.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Still not putting enough away from the chances we make. Makes it very nerve wracking in the final ten minutes.

Agreed. Sometimes it feels as though the players lack a sense of urgency, knowing they'll create more chances later in the game. If this is the case -of creating multiple chances- they need to work on the clinical finishing when presented the opportunity, because they won't be as forthcoming in the Prem.

Vrancic quality today, especially in the first half. Another example of us being better as a team when he plays. Really helping Cantwell out too, who was also excellent.