lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Cardiff*****

Just now, hogesar said:

Great half. Cantwell, Mclean and Hugill playing exceptionally well and working exceptionally hard in the process.

Only saw since about 25th minute but I agree. Hugill, whom I am not the biggest fan is doing well, putting himself about and winning us territory, Cantwell and McLean noticeably working very hard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Great half. Cantwell, Mclean and Hugill playing exceptionally well and working exceptionally hard in the process.

Are you dangling a baited  hook Hoggo.?  Or just stating a fact ( 3 facts in fact)

• Haha 2

When you hear commentators from the opposition side it makes you realise how good we are, pace all over the pitch, always a spare man, always go forward, everyone knows their role so when somebody is injured the man that comes in knows what they are doing , youth, Cantwell a bit of a poser but so hard to handle, as soon as they lose the ball they fight to get it back and of course that Kenny McClean is some player and covers so much ground

McLean has been brilliant, Cantwell looking like he’s enjoying himself. Some of the work off the ball has been fantastic.

Credit to Hugill as well. Leading the line and holding the ball up superbly. 

More of the same 2nd half please!

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

When you hear commentators from the opposition side it makes you realise how good we are, pace all over the pitch, always a spare man, always go forward, everyone knows their role so when somebody is injured the man that comes in knows what they are doing , youth, Cantwell a bit of a poser but so hard to handle, as soon as they lose the ball they fight to get it back and of course that Kenny McClean is some player and covers so much ground

Binners

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Anyone else hoping for Placheta and Hernandez to come on around the 70 min..? Them both up against this already tired Cardiff defence.. hooboy

Depends what the score is. If we're comfortable, yes but in order to bring them both on, I imagine at least one, probably both of Canwell and Buendia are likely going off and I wouldn't take them off if we're not comfortably in the lead.

I'd also like one of the young lads on too if comfortable. Give them 20 odd minutes if we can.

Blimey - it looks like we've become a 3 man team according to the comments on here! What about some love from this forum for the other 8 out there!?

I love you boys even if the 'haters' on here don't. You are always in Disco's heart.

xxx

OTBC

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

This is us at our best in a nutshell. We are not always at our best, but it's great to watch when we are.

I've not been reading this thread during the first because of a flat battery, but how good was that? Kenny has been great, Todd is working his nuts off, repeatedly winning the ball, Hugill causing problems up front, and it's even enjoyable listening to the opposition commentary! As Cambridge has said, some pace from Placheta or Hernandez could be very interesting at about 70 minutes. I just hope I haven't jinxed it.

Very pleased with how the first half went but will not feel comfortable til we have 3, just to give us that cushion seeing as we like to make games close no matter how well we play 😄

Both the commentators fairly speechless at Buendia's first touch there from that long pass...

Admittedly he did then lose the ball, but you could hear their mouths drop at the initial touch!

I'm not sure why it bothers me so much, but is it winding anyone else up how their commentator pronounces Barden?

Edited by All the Germans

16 minutes ago, Well b back said:

couldn't agree more, been an interesting listen!

4 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I'm not sure why it bothers me so much, but is it winding anyone else up how their commentator pronounces Barden?

It's called a Welsh accent. Everyone speaks that that in Wales.

All played fantastic so far. I always slate Kenny, but for the third or fourth game in a row I think he has been very very good. 

Think we looking comfy, let's take mario off and put tettey on, push McLean up. 

Another ten mins, even though Hugills hold up has been very good today, let's give Omotoye a chance. I'd want to rest EMI up at some point, 70mins, either get dowell or platchetta some match fitness.

Little bit less impressed with the Welsh  commentary now. You'd think Cardiff had never bought a foul or used up time.

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Little bit less impressed with the Welsh  commentary now. You'd think Cardiff had never bought a foul or used up time.

They've been ok, although seem to just love the fact that Barden is young and Welsh.

• Haha 1