lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Cardiff*****

Great chance for Hugill to follow on from last week but definitely gives Cardiff a lift seeing Pukki out. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Big chance for Hudgil, I really hope he takes it as I’ve feared a Pukki injury as it’s the one place I don’t think we have natural cover for. 

Just now, Big O said:

Big chance for Hudgil, I really hope he takes it as I’ve feared a Pukki injury as it’s the one place I don’t think we have natural cover for. 

It is a problem because Teemu brings more than just goals 

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

With Hugill playing I would have thought he would leave out Vrancic and play Placheta 

Some decent crossing from Placheta last week too. Any team with Buendia though is going to cause problems for opponents. 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

With Hugill playing I would have thought he would leave out Vrancic and play Placheta 

So would I. Seems another formation that suits Pukki, but it's Hugill instead. I'd have had Cantwell No.10 instead of Vrancic, and Placheta on the left 

• Like 1

It is a problem because Teemu brings more than just goals 

Agree, what is the timeline on Idah? I’m still not opposed to bringing in a loan striker if we can. 

I'm thinking that Hugill has been learning in training to play more like Pukki so he can be more effective in our style of play, which added to his other skills would make him a very effective striker. We shall see, but today is a good chance for him to show us what he has got.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm thinking that Hugill has been learning in training to play more like Pukki so he can be more effective in our style of play, which added to his other skills would make him a very effective striker. We shall see, but today is a good chance for him to show us what he has got.

I hope you're right and that he finds the extra yard of pace between now and kick off to play like Pukki. A massive miss for us, would take a scrappy 0-1 for sure.

Edited by Fuzzar

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hugull haters gonna be mad when he scores a hatrick

Cmon lad!

Do people really hate him? I often wonder why we bought him because we don't play a style of football that suits him. That's not his fault 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hugull haters gonna be mad when he scores a hatrick

Cmon lad!

Most fans love his commitment and passion for the club but he does need a decent league performance. Today is that day! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

IMO, should leave out McLean, play Vrancic alongside Skipp, Cantwell 10, and Pepe on the wing.  But I'm not the manager.

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You can think what you like but if you think it's that easy, why hasn't everyone in our club done it?

As above, I think Hugill has a good attitude, tries hard but ultimately lacks the ability required to be a good player and definitely not in the system we play. I hope he does well, I just don't think that he will.

• Like 1

As an aside, how ludicrous that today's referee is from County Durham?! 

Also, I'm hoping to hear the wonderful lay preacher tones of Mark Walton, the Richard Burton of co- commentators. 

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don’t think you can just change how a striker plays like that??

And he wasn’t hugely involved against Coventry, he didn’t make runs in behind or get amongst our build up play anything like Pukki does! 

He scored a good goal from a good cross, from Placheta. Which is all you really can ask and want from him.

But on the left side today we have two players who will always cut inside.Our team selection feels a bit contradictory, we should have Placheta on the left or Quintilla at left back. Anyone who will hug the line and get crosses in the box!

I’m feeling less confident without Pukki to compliment our attacking trio.