7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Nearly 400 tuning in so far, hope your one of them. Will watch out for your comments. 

Have a word with yourself Midlands.

Fair play to the Reeve lads, built themselves a platform during lockdown and plenty of people seem to enjoy their watchalongs, they have nearly a thousand people watching and thousands of subscribers to their YouTube channel etc. They’re passionate and enthusiastic about the club and while I don’t always agree with their opinions, it’s nice to see our club which can historically be a little light on fan coverage get this kind of interaction and content. Since lockdown we’ve been spoilt with podcasts, videos and analysis from various sources so there’s something for every taste. Bit naff for people to slag them off when you can choose just not to consume their content and you’re not willing to do it yourself the “right way”!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Fair play to the Reeve lads, built themselves a platform during lockdown and plenty of people seem to enjoy their watchalongs, they have nearly a thousand people watching and thousands of subscribers to their YouTube channel etc. They’re passionate and enthusiastic about the club and while I don’t always agree with their opinions, it’s nice to see our club which can historically be a little light on fan coverage get this kind of interaction and content. Since lockdown we’ve been spoilt with podcasts, videos and analysis from various sources so there’s something for every taste. Bit naff for people to slag them off when you can choose just not to consume their content and you’re not willing to do it yourself the “right way”!

Don't have a problem with them, was commenting on why anyone would find watching anyone watching a match interesting.

Each to their own I guess 

1 hour ago, Jersey Canary said:

I like Chris Sutton, very honest, valid points and he’s quite witty. 

It dornt sowned roit. Summon wi a  Norrrrfuk acksent trine ta prununce is tees un haitches.

Ees butrain is boiud.

2 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

I like Chris Sutton, very honest, valid points and he’s quite witty. 

He is certainly one of the most straight forward commentators and one of my favourites.

14 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Agree completely. They’ve managed to get a few decent interviews and their numbers seem to be growing consistently. Fair play to them.

15 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Don't have a problem with them, was commenting on why anyone would find watching anyone watching a match interesting.

Each to their own I guess 

That’s a fair question but you could say that about a lot of things.

Why do people play video games? Why do people enjoy watching people play video games?

Why do people play sport / watch people play sport / comment on forums about people playing sport / look on jealously at those trying to make something of themselves on social media etc.

Not saying that last point applies to you but considering many have been without live football for such a long time and may not have seen friends or family in that time. Spending a couple of hours a week watching Norwich alongside a stream with a few hundred other fans probably does more for some people than you might imagine.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, YellowYawner said:

That’s a fair question but you could say that about a lot of things.

Why do people play video games? Why do people enjoy watching people play video games?

Why do people play sport / watch people play sport / comment on forums about people playing sport / look on jealously at those trying to make something of themselves on social media etc.

Not saying that last point applies to you but considering many have been without live football for such a long time and may not have seen friends or family in that time. Spending a couple of hours a week watching Norwich alongside a stream with a few hundred other fans probably does more for some people than you might imagine.

All fair points and as I said I have no issues with them or what they are doing.

For me and it's simply my view watching someone watching football isn't for me but I do appreciate that others do enjoy it or find it helpful.

People watch sport to watch the sport, I don't go to Carrow road to watch the crowd and this is essentially what it would be unless I have misunderstood anything?

The idea that ex football players make good pundits is nonsense . Across the media now , all of which follow similar formats , there is a huge demand for pundits. So you end up with ex footballers , many of whom are monosyllabic and poor communicators. 

For reasons unknown football media accept a level of communication that other sports don’t have to endure . 

17 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Ran out of reactions but thank god for your post. Its absolutely spot on.

I dont watch their content, its not for me.

But getting traction for this sort of thing online is really difficult and they've clearly put lots of work in. Equally, there's clearly a market for their content because they're getting views.

30 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ran out of reactions but thank god for your post. Its absolutely spot on.

I dont watch their content, its not for me.

But getting traction for this sort of thing online is really difficult and they've clearly put lots of work in. Equally, there's clearly a market for their content because they're getting views.

There's clearly a market for what they do and fans of other clubs seem to think that their podcasts are some of the better ones out there. I would imagine a lot of their followers are a lot younger than those of us that aren't very keen. Jack is ok, it's just Chris I find difficult to like

It's down to opinion. Personally, I like what Talk Norwich City are doing. I've been following them for a couple of years now. Even though they stress otherwise, I do question their ability to continue being a raw fan channel with the freedom of speech they used to have "from the stands", especially now they appear to be gaining commercial / player sponsors and connections within the club directly. Other than that, it's still good. Also, you can play the Chris Reeve drinking game on the watchalongs. They say "by the way" a lot!

50 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

There's clearly a market for what they do and fans of other clubs seem to think that their podcasts are some of the better ones out there. I would imagine a lot of their followers are a lot younger than those of us that aren't very keen. Jack is ok, it's just Chris I find difficult to like

We're maybe in the same age boat.

I will counter what I said as that was based on watching them watch a game, I have watched some of their interviews and enjoyed.

Good luck to them (Reeve boys). I have watched some, not all, of their stuff and some I like and some I am not so keen on (but that's life), but I certainly don't expect them to be the finished article yet either. 

I doff my virtual cap to them, for putting in such sustained effort. It ain't easy.