Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

O’Sullivan v Higgins

What a match but did anyone realise they are both the same age?  I honestly thought John was older than myself. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Pipe down, Buh. Snooker's bloody awesome.

Agree with the first bit. Not so much the second bit.😉

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

Agree with the first bit. Not so much the second bit.😉

I've always loved Snooker but tended to just follow the big three events, but I got well into last football season when it offered a pure, more sporting spectacle that VAR football, with biased refs, cheating players and bank balances having more influence on the result than effort and performance on the pitch.

I started watching pretty much every tournament going and have done ever since.

If sport is a contest between two talented individuals/teams playing on a level playing field, then Snooker is considerably more of a sport than professional football, that has become much more of a business than a sport.

The semi-finals of last year's World Championship were as dramatic and thrilling as anything I've seen in any other sport.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

O’Sullivan, best player I’ve ever seen in the sport bar none. And Bill Werbeniuk the best drinker!

Bill, drank for medicinal reasons. 
Some say 40 pints a day.

( must be something in the name) 

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I've always loved Snooker but tended to just follow the big three events, but I got well into last football season when it offered a pure, more sporting spectacle that VAR football, with biased refs, cheating players and bank balances having more influence on the result than effort and performance on the pitch.

If sport is a contest between two talented individuals/teams playing on a level playing field, then Snooker is considerably more of a sport than professional football, that has become much more of a business than a sport.

The semi-finals of last year's World Championship were as dramatic and thrilling as anything I've seen in any other sport.

Cant beat Denis Taylor’s  swivelling spectacles  for the ultimate high tech sports technology. 

15 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Fair points and can understand your view.

Like tennis, it is something I have always struggled to get into. I think it's because I have never had someone to throw my support behind. It's why I prefer team sports like footy. I even started getting into golf purely through the Ryder Cup, as it was a group I could support rather than an individual if that makes sense.

When you attend an event now they bask the crowd in purple light to make it look good for tv. However you basically have this modern day blinding Led light shining in your eyes. You move to another seat it's still there. Next time I go im taking sunglasses and a baseball cap

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Fair points and can understand your view.

Like tennis, it is something I have always struggled to get into. I think it's because I have never had someone to throw my support behind. It's why I prefer team sports like footy. I even started getting into golf purely through the Ryder Cup, as it was a group I could support rather than an individual if that makes sense.

I'm not really a football fan, I just love watching Norwich as I'm so heavily invested in the result because I've lived it my entire life. Football not involving Norwich is just a bit meh to me. I'd rather watch a Snooker match than say El Clasico. I can watch Snooker, or Tennis for that matter, even between two players I'm not fussed about just to enjoy the sport. For Football I have to care about the outcome.

It wasn't always like that, it's just become such a **** sport nowadays. 

• Like 1