cambridgeshire canary

Steve Bruce lays into his players as being 'hopeless'

Amongst other not so kind words. Yes, yes I know daily mail and all but still a somewhat amusing read.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9152305/Newcastle-boss-Bruce-rounds-players-absolute-sh-e-frigging-hopeless.html

I would say I feel sorry for Jamal and all, but given he chose to join a team owned by Mike Ashley and managed by Steve Bruce, well..

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's a chat about a former player of ours being called hopeless and ****e.

Jamal Lewis wasn’t even on the bench for the Sheffield Utd game, so Steve Bruce’s summary of that particular performance as ‘hopeless’ and ‘utter sh1te’ I highly doubt was directed at him!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's a chat about a former player of ours being called hopeless and ****e.

Brucie or Jamal?!

• Haha 3

Does make you wonder though, as things stand, and the money must be good and all that, but there can be no pleasure for Jamal in losing each week. I bet there’s a few tinges of regrets there as he watches his former team mates playing with smiles on their faces week in week looking like they’re going to win another title, cup and medal again this season.

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Does make you wonder though, as things stand, and the money must be good and all that, but there can be no pleasure for Jamal in losing each week. I bet there’s a few tinges of regrets there as he watches his former team mates playing with smiles on their faces week in week looking like they’re going to win another title, cup and medal again this season.

I bet it helps when he checks his bank account though, to be fair we were losing most weeks too last season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I bet it helps when he checks his bank account though, to be fair we were losing most weeks too last season. 

Yep, the money must be the only thing making it worthwhile right now, but other than that, having another season of disappointment can’t be great. Does he even get any games for Newcastle these days? Good chance he could be back in the Championship next season, with or without Newcastle.

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

seems he's on 38 grand a week. Not bad making over a hundred thousand pounds a month..

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Yep, the money must be the only thing making it worthwhile right now, but other than that, having another season of disappointment can’t be great. Does he even get any games for Newcastle these days? Good chance he could be back in the Championship next season, with or without Newcastle.

Fair point on where he might end up on pure ability. I like Jemal and hopefully it works out well for him long term. 

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Given he can't even make the first team and Bruce is going on about the first team being utterly useless and hopeless god knows what he thinks about Jamal..

Hopefuly he was reminded we don't do refunds 😉

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fair point on where he might end up on pure ability. I like Jemal and hopefully it works out well for him long term. 

I too like Jamal, MY, and of course it’s early days, but there is the real possibility right now that he may have to come down in order to make the step back up again. The Premier League and its fans can be especially unforgiving.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

I too like Jamal, MY, and of course it’s early days, but there is the real possibility right now that he may have to come down in order to make the step back up again. The Premier League and its fans can be especially unforgiving.

Agreed- I think he's a great guy personality wise but it does seem the step up to a team which is supposed to be a solid midtable team has been a step too far.

Would not be surprised to see him get loaned out by them at some point.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given he can't even make the first team and Bruce is going on about the first team being utterly useless and hopeless god knows what he thinks about Jamal..

Hopefuly he was reminded we don't do refunds 😉

Fair point, Cambridge! Imagine if Newcastle go down this season, and Jamal were to come back here on loan next season (even though the chances are he wouldn’t be first choice). I wonder if that’s something that’s crossed Farke’s mind?

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Agreed- I think he's a great guy personality wise but it does seem the step up to a team which is supposed to be a solid midtable team has been a step too far.

Would not be surprised to see him get loaned out by them at some point.

Out of likes, but your last line is something I was wondering simultaneously, Cambridge!

• Like 1

I don’t know why any players with ambition would choose Newcastle. They’ve been mediocre for years and Bruce especially just plays negative football. Not a great move for Lewis IMHO but good business from us.

• Like 2

Re coming back - it’s against our business model. Have to move players on to create space for new ones ....

I've felt sorry for Jamal every time I've seen him play for Newcastle. He never let us down and he's still very young. I know he makes a lot of money but I doubt it's much consolation for him. 

He's just not suited to the way they play. He always had space in front of him here but they always have a player out wide in front of him. 

Great lad, very good athlete, solid footballer. History will show that we got an excellent price for Lewis. He’s quite overrated and will likely find himself back in the Champs next year in some form. Which is fine really. I remember him fondly and wish him well.

7 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I don’t know why any players with ambition would choose Newcastle. They’ve been mediocre for years and Bruce especially just plays negative football. Not a great move for Lewis IMHO but good business from us.

Yep. Fit matters so much. Newcastle are an absolute mess.

JL needs to get out of there as soon as he can, he is still young and IMO can still be a top player, never good to go back to a previous club though, look at Bale 😀

1 hour ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Great lad, very good athlete, solid footballer. History will show that we got an excellent price for Lewis. He’s quite overrated and will likely find himself back in the Champs next year in some form. Which is fine really. I remember him fondly and wish him well.

Agreed. He's still one of our own to some degree. 

Brucie is utter sh1t3 tbh, a dinosaur out of his depth in the Premier League. Newcastle have some very good players, plenty good enough to survive at lower mid-table.

Newcastle need to get rid. As soon as a manager starts slagging off player's, it's a slippery slope.