pete

Greek LB £7.5m if promoted?

According to Michael Bailey, Giannoulis is done in principle and he will be in Norwich tomorrow for the medical. 

1 minute ago, pete said:

Wot no isolation period for the Greek lad, how do you get round that.

Apparently he had it in November, so maybe that has a bearing on what he has to do.

To be honest, I'm not sure anyone knows anymore what anyone is supposed to do but maybe that's more of a topic in the non-football thread 😁

5 hours ago, pete said:

If we get promoted will need to spend £13m on Giannoulus, Quintella and Gibson all on loan with obligation to buy if promoted.  

Thought it was £8m for Gibson alone, if so going to be far higher than £13m?

But remember that Buendia will want out in summer even if promoted, so that's £40m incoming. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Thought it was £8m for Gibson alone, if so going to be far higher than £13m?

But remember that Buendia will want out in summer even if promoted, so that's £40m incoming. 

THere is no obligation to buy Xavi.

I think it will likely be £13-14m in total according to reports for Gibson and the Greek lad.

the Xavi obligation depends on game time.

Depending on how things go, he might still be worth bringing in as it's only about £2m to buy. Guess we'll see if he gets a look in now that the Greek lad is signing, doesn't look great for him tho!

1 hour ago, pete said:

Exactly my thoughts. as i thought anybody coming into the country had a 10 day isolation period.

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'pukki is looking jaded'

11 in 21 is not a bad haul. That's almost like, a goal every other match on average. You want him to be scoring a hatrick every match instead? He is the 4th top scorer this season so far. Any team below us would kill for that kind of strker.

I do agree with you, but playing devil's advocate how many of those 11 have been penalties? 3?

I could be wrong but I believe two years ago he scored 30 league goals in 40-something without a single penalty. Pukki 20/21 is brilliant, but I do think Pukki 18/19 was better.

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Soto looks awesome, fingers firmly crossed we get to see him play. 

Agreed MY, Soto looks an absolute star in the making. Reminds me very much in many ways of, dare I say it, a young Sergio Aguero in his style of play. Amazing technique, and very clinical. I honestly don’t think many of us realise how good this lad can become. Said the same when we signed Emi, for the very reason naturally gifted footballers with great technique are generally very good signings indeed! The dilemma would be do we make him part of the squad for next season, or send him on loan to the Championship? (should we be promoted of course).

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Exactly my thoughts. as i thought anybody coming into the country had a 10 day isolation period.

Even if he tests negative upon arrival? Regardless, even if 10 day isolation is mandatory, it’s a wild assumption from Pete that he won’t have to do just that. 

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Even if he tests negative upon arrival? Regardless, even if 10 day isolation is mandatory, it’s a wild assumption from Pete that he won’t have to do just that. 

It appears he will have to self isolate Alex as there is not a travel corridor with Greece.

When you arrive in the UK, you’ll need to bring extra documentation because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

You’ll need to have:

• a completed passenger locator form
  • proof of a negative coronavirus test if you’re arriving in England or Scotland

Find out more about the documents you’ll need because of coronavirus.

You may also need to self-isolate for up to 10 days when you arrive, depending on where you’ve travelled from.

26 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It appears he will have to self isolate Alex as there is not a travel corridor with Greece.

When you arrive in the UK, you’ll need to bring extra documentation because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

You’ll need to have:

• proof of a negative coronavirus test if you’re arriving in England or Scotland

You may also need to self-isolate for up to 10 days when you arrive, depending on where you’ve travelled from.

Which is fine, Tilly. My question is how do we know that he won’t? Just a wild assumption as far as I can see? 

Some greek islands are on the travel corridor list, so there may be a loophole perhaps

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Have I missed something or is this just a hunch? 

I thought we'd be fairly likely to keep Buendia another season if we make it up - obviously with some risk of an Arsenal or another top side coming in for him. 

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I thought we'd be fairly likely to keep Buendia another season if we make it up - obviously with some risk of an Arsenal or another top side coming in for him. 

Yep, agreed, Hank - I think if we go up then we can enjoy another season with both Emi and Max. And if we surprise everyone and have a good season, then there’s always the chance of us retaining them further if we look like we’re still on the up. As for Todd, that depends if he signs a new contract which is looking very debatable to be honest. He could be earning more now, and next season, if he did sign so on the basis of that, I’m kind of guessing he might not. That said, if I remember rightly, contract discussions with him in particular went on for forever last time he signed a new one so this isn’t anything new I guess.

• Like 1

Have looked at the latest currency exchange rates and as it stands €7.5m = less than £6.7m. I don’t think we’ll be signing all the loanees on a permanent deal at the end of the though.

Quintilla has La Liga experience, very good at crossing, but not great when it comes to defensive duties. When he arrived it said that  that the obligation to buy was if we get promoted, I think for about £2.5m but recently I believe I saw something saying the obligation was if he played a minimum number of games. As a result of this, I don’t think we’ll be signing him.

Gibson is brilliant, with an obligation for about £8m if we get promoted so I think we will be signing him if we can.

I don’t know how this Greek lad will turn out though, so I think we will have to see how he good he is defensively before we even consider him

6 hours ago, birchfest said:

Especially when you consider the bad luck to slip when taking the penalty against Derby and also his selfless pass to Idah on the opening day. He bangs those in and he's closing in on 15 at the half way stage. I think Pukki needs support, especially for next year if we were to go up, but he certainly isn't jaded! 

And the pass to cantwell a few games ago at home which was disallowed for offside when pukki couldve shot and probably score himself....

35 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I think we’ll manage to keep all our key players next season if we go up. I don’t think Arsenal will make another bid for Buendia though until they’ve got rid of Ozil and sold some of their fringe players, and if we were a PL team I can’t see how we’d let any of our key players go

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

You haven't missed anything Hank. TVB does this all the time - he confidently states his opinions as if it's a fact. 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

You’ll need to have:

Does the fact that he's had Covid make a difference?

45 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Does the fact that he's had Covid make a difference?

Don’t believe so, unless someone can find a reference otherwise. Although the research that said you are immune after catching it for at least 5 months is very recent so this might change.

19 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Don’t believe so, unless someone can find a reference otherwise. Although the research that said you are immune after catching it for at least 5 months is very recent so this might change.

I am personally unsure but does being immune to it mean you can't carry and transmit it? Genuinely have no idea.

7 hours ago, pete said:

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

5 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

There are rules for certain professions whom are allowed to travel and do not have to isolate upon return. I'm travelling back to the UK in around a week and I do not have to isolate;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules

Taking a look he appears to qualifies under "New domestic elite sportspersons" where he needs to take a test and needs to isolate but he can "... leave your accommodation to travel directly to and attend the location of an elite sports event or training for an elite sports event that you are participating in. Travelling between multiple venue locations for the elite sports events or training is also permitted"

3 hours ago, Rolf Harris said:

You can pay to take a covid test to prevent isolation.

No you can't.

Edited by All the Germans

10 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

If we sort the defence out with the way our forward players can link up, the attack looks after itself to some extent. Remember, we were so badly hamstrung last time in the Premiership due to such a litany of injuries to defenders and particularly centre-halves.

McCallum needs more seasoning as he's had a very quick rise. If, heavens forbid, we don't go up then I'd be more than happy having him as a first-choice left-back but if we go up, he needs more time.

I thought the same about Cantwell

"Life's a bowl of cherries. We need pick the biggest and ripest one in order to relieve the gout."

Oscar Bumpkin aka "The Sage of Rosary Road."

Oh arrgh!

Good signing in line with previous good signings. Kleftiko with added garlic sauce.

Edited by BroadstairsR

19 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Soto looks awesome, fingers firmly crossed we get to see him play. 

Little bit of difference between the Dutch Second division standard to potential Premier league player 🤔

1 hour ago, Basel_NCFC said:

Little bit of difference between the Dutch Second division standard to potential Premier league player 🤔

Doesn’t mean anything at all.

We sent Todd Cantwell on loan to Fortuna Sittard who, like Telstar, were in the... Dutch Second Division. 

And 12 months later he’s scoring against Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves, Everton, and Crystal Palace in the... Premier League.

Not to mention another Premier League club by the name of Man Utd in the FA Cup.

He got one or 2 assists as well.

In short, Sebastian Soto’s on loan at Telstar learning men’s football - not because he’s found his level 🤦🏻‍♂️