Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Season Tickets and DD Payments.

I believe that the end of this month sees a considerable number of fans, myself included make our final payment for this current season 20/21. Take into account those that paid in advance nobody in either of these scenarios have been able to take their seat at Carrow Road and are unlucky to before the season ends so our ' credit ' means we will have paid for next season 21/22.

This revenue stream for the club will obviously cause a problem going forward as i suspect several thousand of us fall into this category. 

Has anybody heard how the club propose to overcome this situation ?

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I believe that the end of this month sees a considerable number of fans, myself included make our final payment for this current season 20/21. Take into account those that paid in advance nobody in either of these scenarios have been able to take their seat at Carrow Road and are unlucky to before the season ends so our ' credit ' means we will have paid for next season 21/22.

This revenue stream for the club will obviously cause a problem going forward as i suspect several thousand of us fall into this category. 

The major problem Tilly, is staying alive long enough to see it.

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

For some reason I thought the final payment was end of February.

I could be wrong. The only thing I am basing this on is an old memory of being told that my DD would renew in March one year - therefore I've convinced myself this is the case.

Is that incorrect then? Is it actually this month?

Anyway, Haven't heard anything about how the club will manage it though. But you would think they've been aware this was coming since it was communicated to fans. You'd think they would have a plan in place, they aren't a 'hope the money sorts itself out' kind of bunch

17 minutes ago, ricardo said:

can you bequeath a fully paid up season 

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

I'll have to alter my will😉

19 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I very much doubt it although I did read a while back that there are around 500 dead people ' occupying  ' seats at Old Trafford. How they know that I've no idea.

But that's not quite the same thing.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

8 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I very much doubt it although I did read a while back that there are around 500 dead people ' occupying  ' seats at Old Trafford. How they know that I've no idea.

My friend used his dead dads season ticket at Highbury for the last few years of its existence as he was told it could only have been transferred to someone at the top of the waiting list which he wasnt. 

Perhaps that's the case with those tickets. They've just been kept on by families of the deceased to use or sell on.

19 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

That's a significant improvement on the pre Covid situation where they used to have 75,000 'dead people' occupying the seats at Old Trafford on a matchday. 😉 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Essex canary will know. 😂

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I'll have to alter my will😉

Leave it to somebody deserving.........rules out one or two😀

• Haha 1

The first question appears to be how does the Club deal with the loss of a years worth of season ticket money of probably up to £15 million including commercial. I suspect that maybe they will sell one extra player over and above what they would have done if not for Covid? How would we ever know?

My understanding is that season tickets can be transferred to other family members or friends when the owner is alive so - leaving aside the 1,000 shares shareholder issue - it would also seem quite reasonable to be able to beqeath one. Given that a payment has been made for a specific service not received I would have thought the Estate should otherwise claim a refund assuming that is desired by the inheritor.

I think at some point in the not too distant past the Club changed its policy to facilitate sharing or transfer of season tickets. Other clubs maybe operating to different rules. 

Best way forward is to clarify with the Club.

I too thought final payment was in February, thereafter the club has a massive revenue deficit. It will be nice to have a year off paying tbh after all this time! Can't see any fans being allowed back this season, not in huge numbers anyway.

I also think the final wording was something along the lines of payments for this season will be put towards next season. I don't think it's been agreed yet that we don't have to pay anything else? 

I suspect there will be other clubs who structure ST payments the same way as us and they won"t have had the benefit of parachute payments.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

He's currently playing left back for Everton...... 

I guess the question is whether they just give ST holders a 'free year' in 2021/22 as we've already paid for it in advance, or whether they try to encourage fans to continue paying a year in advance. If half the fans were prepared to do that, for example, that would mitigate the loss over two years rather than one.

If we're promoted, one would imagine that it'll simply be factored into our income and we may spend less on players to offset our losses. If we stay down, one would imagine it'd be covered by the inevitable transfers of Aarons and Buendia. Considering we're facing a £15m gap in the finances, we're not actually in too bad an overall position in my opinion.

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

As long as you don't catch Saturday Night Fever.....you should be ok......

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

I've been hanging around the Doctor's surgery with my sleeve rolled up all week. Nothing yet. 

• Haha 1

Surely the whole equation depends on how many s.t. holders continued paying. Those who chose refunds and others will be invited to purchase at whatever the new price will be. 
No doubt this has all been factored in to the budget planning.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I also think the final wording was something along the lines of payments for this season will be put towards next season. I don't think it's been agreed yet that we don't have to pay anything else? 

Incorrect Capt. See link 

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/october/revised-plan-for-2020-21-season-ticket-holder-rebates/

which states 

image.png.49b69e51baed0896794a23d2fba563fa.png

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I interpreted that last bullet point to mean that the price of next year's season ticket will be the same as this year's, therefore the people who decided to keep up with their payments and 'pay it forward' to next season will definitely not have to pay anything else on top of what they've paid this season?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I interpreted that last bullet point to mean that the price of next year's season ticket will be the same as this year's, therefore the people who decided to keep up with their payments and 'pay it forward' to next season will definitely not have to pay anything else on top of what they've paid this season?

That was my interpretation as well, I would be disappointed if that proved not to be the case, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest so.

I think that the numbers trading in their season tickets were comparatively small so clearly the Club takes a cash flow hit next season. Logically nobody could be obliged to pay more though they could smooth the gap if desired by encouraging supporters to start paying early for 2022/23 by say shedding DDs for that season over 2 years.

I would happily continue to pay if the club was to offer some sort of incentive. For example building up credit with 5% interest that could be used for away tickets or retail once things are back to normal.

19 minutes ago, Van wink said:

That was my interpretation as well, I would be disappointed if that proved not to be the case, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest so.

Certainly for those who paid in full, the email from the club stated (if you didn't ask for a refund); "As you are a season ticket holder who has paid in full for your 2020-21 season ticket, this money will be held by the club and used to automatically renew your season ticket for the 2021-22 season."

SB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1