Sign in to follow this  
NorthCarolinaYellow

Administration for Derby?

I continued to be fascinated with the train wreck that is Derby County at present ... not the least of which is because they keep crashing into every damn station they pass!

The latest is that their vaunted big money FILTHY STINKING RICH takeover by a shady Emirati conglomerate appears to be in serious jeopardy. After numerous delays, and with the prospective owners having not actually send the cash, Derby have only been able to pay players 50% of their wages for December and are on schedule to miss paying them for January as well!!? Apparently they have no money and are looking at last-minute high-interest loans to cover wages while still hoping to be bought up ...

Amazing times for such a big club.

Guess a lot of clubs will no circle looking to help themselves to players.

Not like the players will want to hang around unless they get assurances re wages.

Doesn't look good though long term.

Should be kicked out of the league all of this season records deleted. 

I'm only saying this as they beat us. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Can they sell their ground to themselves again?

Based on what happened this week with EWM (The bloke who owns the company that he put in administration is lending money to 'international investors' to buy the company and then pay him back the money he loaned them.) I'm going to say 'Yes'.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

If there's a firesale I'd have us take Knight or Bielik off them for cheap! The rest are nothing special

Bielik please! 

9 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Don't get too excited, the sale will go through soon.

Do you have inside information or is that just a guess? I think their chairman (Webber equivalent) is on BBC Derbyshire right now ...

6 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Do we get our 3 pts back if they go into administration?

We never had three points

If they were to be ejected from the FL, as with Bury, those points won against them by others would be removed

If they did go into administration they will get deducted points from this season I believe

To avoid that they can raise money by selling player(s) which I suspect is all they have in the way of assets.

1 hour ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Do you have inside information or is that just a guess? I think their chairman (Webber equivalent) is on BBC Derbyshire right now ...

One of the protagonists was on the radio this morning answering questions about the situation. 

Not a good time for football clubs in the area.,with Forest still a drifting club and up the road Sheff Weds are in a mass, Rotherham are also near the relegation drop.

Still, there's always one bright star in that firmament

Premier League Sheff Utd 😊

3 hours ago, Bill said:

We never had three points

If they were to be ejected from the FL, as with Bury, those points won against them by others would be removed

If they did go into administration they will get deducted points from this season I believe

To avoid that they can raise money by selling player(s) which I suspect is all they have in the way of assets.

I wasn’t being entirely serious 🥸

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I wasn’t being entirely serious 🥸

oops, I walked into that one 🙄

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Not a good time for football clubs in the area.,with Forest still a drifting club and up the road Sheff Weds are in a mass, Rotherham are also near the relegation drop.

Still, there's always one bright star in that firmament

Premier League Sheff Utd 😊

You could also add gone for a Burton to that list.

(we won't mention Leicester) 

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

You could also add gone for a Burton to that list.

(we won't mention Leicester) 

Burton is a good jaunt from sheffield

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Burton is a good jaunt from sheffield

Close to Derby, which was the original subject. The  S Yorks clubs are the outliers.
No doubt mentioned due to the proximity of the counties, which adjoin

Once again it shows the problem of rich owners trying to buy success. Morris had invested about £200 million before the current crisis and it ends up like this.

The trouble is that he is only worth about £500 million and that is not really enough to buy success. Just another reminder of the perils of even getting a donor owner, even if s/he is a fan.

I wouldn't wish it upon any club, even the smelly lot down the road.

But Derby fans remind me a lot of Ipswich fans when it comes to their levels of delusion and faith in their owner.

And I began to really dislike them when they sacked Keogh for the drink driving because he had no resale value, but didn't sack the two younger players because they were worth a few bob. I'd have a had a lot of respect if they'd sacked all three.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 hours ago, Badger said:

Once again it shows the problem of rich owners trying to buy success. Morris had invested about £200 million before the current crisis and it ends up like this.

The trouble is that he is only worth about £500 million and that is not really enough to buy success. Just another reminder of the perils of even getting a donor owner, even if s/he is a fan.

Hmmm.... don't talk like he's a philanthropist, the club owes him £95m, and remember that the club 'sold' their ground to a company owned by Mel Morris and he leased it back to the club.

He's another Marcus Evans, not a mug and has got them all by the balls.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hmmm.... don't talk like he's a philanthropist, the club owes him £95m, and remember that the club 'sold' their ground to a company owned by Mel Morris and he leased it back to the club.

He's another Marcus Evans, not a mug and has got them all by the balls.

I'd be surprised if he (oe Evans) get their money back. I don't think he is a philanthropist but he is probably better than many modern owners who just see football clubs as a way of making money.