Sign in to follow this  
pete

Wednesday no new keeper

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Nyland has a schnitzer in him, however bearing in mind he did have back trouble and would be looking to work his way back in, he'd be a good choice for a contract until the end of the season and see how he's looked back in regular training alongside Krul. Could even be that his back troubles might have been the cause of his schnitzers.

Promising youngsters need regular game time, and for young goalies, double it. Barden really needs a loan.

I know that they aren't a particularly prestigious footballing nation, and that keepers can just go downhill overnight (like Joe Hart) but you must be at least 'alright' to win 28 Norway caps?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know that they aren't a particularly prestigious footballing nation, and that keepers can just go downhill overnight (like Joe Hart) but you must be at least 'alright' to win 28 Norway caps?

Some good young talent in that current Norway side, but they were definitely better on the world stage in the late 1990s/early 2000s. What I would say is telling is that he played in Germany at the same time as Norway's number one keeper, Rune Almenning Jarstein. Jarstein's still in the Bundesliga with Hertha BSC. Nyland went down with Ingolstadt before signing for Villa.