Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Sheff Utd

Awful game. Awful penalty decision. The ref doesn't give it. VAR doesn't give it as not a clear and obvious error. Ref looks at it in slow motion then decides himself he has made a clear and obvious error. Gives it. Comical. Why did he go and have a look. Everyone knows when they do they change their mind. Two poor teams and a poorer ref. 

Sorry if I’ve missed it but What’s happened to Lewis? Is he injured?

also notice Murphy has gone from being a regular to starting on bench which is weird as heard he was doing well

Lewis hasn't been a regular for a while.  He may have been Covid affected, but think the real reason is he is too positive for Bruce's current game plan.  As for Murphy he only had a run in the start line up during the Toon's covid period.  He's now back to being an option from the bench,  the reason again too positive for Bruce's current game plan 

Bruce said at the weekend he had a couple of players suffering from longer term effects of Covid, has been reported that Lewis is one of them. 

9 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Sorry if I’ve missed it but What’s happened to Lewis? Is he injured?

also notice Murphy has gone from being a regular to starting on bench which is weird as heard he was doing well

Lewis reported to have a knee injury last week in training, so perhaps that is still ongoing

Steve Bruce needs a new club - there must be one he has been too

I might be wrong re Lewis, sure I heard at the weekend Bruce mention him and Covid, but according to a list of their injuries it simply says "knock". 

Saint Maximin and Lascalles listed as Covid  related. 

43 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Newcastle are the most awful team I have seen in a long time. Sheffield United were bossing the game before the sending off.

I thought that at the start of last season when we played them and looked head and shoulders above them. I was sure one team in that game was getting relegated. I was right about that, but wrong about which team.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Hasn't, Bill

I wondered who'd be the first to spot that 😉