Sign in to follow this  
breaker

Goalie?

If Robert Green was sold, what about Stephen Bywater who is not getting many games at West Ham? He always looked good to me on the odd occasion he played for Arsenal - is he injury prone or anything? Does anyone know?

[quote user="chocolate nutter"]We don''t need to go and buy a keeper we have plenty of cover in Ward & Lewis,oh and that scotish lad whatever has happend to him???????.[/quote]

What he said.  No more keepers please Worthy

Agreed nutter - the two older ones finish their contracts at the end of the season (forget Ward''s extension) and we certainly want one of them to stay on. Other than that, I think the keepers should just be rotated until the end of the season - give Lewis a bit more experience at reserve level and possibly even the odd Championship game. Gallacher has certainly got time on his side to become a regular first choice for any club if he gets the break, so in the Board''s logic he would be the one to go. On the other hand, I would let Ward go to a League One club to see out his years. Lewis definitely needs some proper experience at a lower league club before he could be considered for regular first team duties.

I agree with what you say but I was just thinking ahead if the worst case scenario happened - Green sold and the other two keepers with experience choose not to renew their contract. I have never seen Gallacher in action so cannot comment but Ward always seems competent. Lewis could do a Green in a couple of years - here''s hoping.

shouldnt rotate keepers....

The defence gets used to a goalkeeper only to find him out and thats how errors occur.. One keeper might come out and catch whilst another punches... one might be right footed while another left... u need to use 1 and stick with him unless injury or suspension or loss of form occur...

Dont rotate them just because they are there.. Liverpool did that for 2 seasons with Grobelaar and James and paid the price

jas :)

Well Charlton have just ruled themselves out of the running for Green and with Portsmouth already having signed Kiely, who is going to sign Green now?? I can''t see him leaving this january. At this rate he is going to have to wait until he can leave on a free or we will have to sell him cheap to stop him leaving for free. It seems no-one wants to spend big money on an average premiership goalie!!!