pete

Covid at Brentford

Franke and number of players struck down next 2 postponed.  What with EFL Semi coming up more games to play only good news for us.  Also Da Silva still suspended.  Brentford a serious  promotion contender.  Wouldn't be so crass as to wish it on Bournemouth. 

Agree with Beefy, there's a big difference in hoping a player gets a slight hamstring or a red card compared to them getting covid

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, pete said:

Wouldn't be so crass as to wish it on Bournemouth. 

Bit of a strange thing to say? I read that particular line as the complete opposite of what you’re saying, Pete.

This is not a bonus in the slightest. I hope we will win this league fairly without seeing ‘the benefits’ of a potentially life threatening virus attacking our promotion rivals players etc.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, pete said:

Franke and number of players struck down next 2 postponed.  What with EFL Semi coming up more games to play only good news for us.  Also Da Silva still suspended.  Brentford a serious  promotion contender.  Wouldn't be so crass as to wish it on Bournemouth. 

The backlog of games may well play into our hands by the end of the season. 🤞

If other teams are getting Covid then it stands to reason so will NCFC. We might be behind the curve but I'm not sure that is a good thing.

4 hours ago, pete said:

Really? 

With talk increasing of can football continue with increased infection, why the hell are they still playing the EFL cup? 

Surely L1/2 clubs are finding it the hardest without extra games midweek behind closed doors for a competition that brings no reward in terms of promotion or qualification.

B'mouth playing Millwall soon  .... I think.

Should be somewhere to catch er, I mean, watch it tonight. 😚

Edited by BroadstairsR

Obviously the more of it about just makes it more likely that NCFC will have postponements and possibly more Covid cases ourselves. We also want every side to play 46 games by May or it just makes everything difficult. 

Worst part about all this is thats actually one of Pete's better, well thought out posts.

13 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

If other teams are getting Covid then it stands to reason so will NCFC. We might be behind the curve but I'm not sure that is a good thing.

13 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

We have it, Krul and Idah have gone down with it.

Stands to reason they won't be the only ones unless we as a club seem to have better protocols in place than others.

18 hours ago, pete said:

Didn’t they already lose the EFL semi final? Thought it was a one off game instead of the two legged tie now