TIL 1010

Bonkers, Just Absolutely Bonkers.

A prime example of where the problem lies - everyone seems to be blaming the government, and probably many that were pictured waiting for the Spurs coach, but it’s these kind of hypocrites that are to blame for these further lockdowns and not the government.

• Like 3

Just now, nutty nigel said:

How are you @Alex Moss

Hi Eddie, thanks for the words the other day, was appreciated buddy! I’m out of isolation now but am suffering from severe exhaustion like I’ve never known before, which is in contrast to when I was at my roughest - felt unwell obviously but I still had plenty of energy weirdly. Now the symptoms have all but gone, but I have found I’ve been completely zapped of energy. Anyone who thinks this virus is a hoax must be crazy is all I can say (and I say that appearing to have got off lightly touch wood!). Hope all of the family are keeping safe and well, and I look forward to returning to Carrow Rd and afters at the pub as soon as is possible to do so! 🍻. How we have taken such simple pleasures for granted buddy - never again! 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Hi Eddie, thanks for the words the other day, was appreciated buddy! I’m out of isolation now but am suffering from severe exhaustion like I’ve never known before, which is in contrast to when I was at my roughest - felt unwell obviously but I still had plenty of energy weirdly. Now the symptoms have all but gone, but I have found I’ve been completely zapped of energy. Anyone who thinks this virus is a hoax must be crazy is all I can say (and I say that appearing to have got off lightly touch wood!). Hope all of the family are keeping safe and well, and I look forward to returning to Carrow Rd and afters at the pub as soon as is possible to do so! 🍻. How we have taken such simple pleasures for granted buddy - never again! 

Would it be rude to inquire how old you are Alex?

41 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I'm glad the symptoms have gone and I hope you fully recover soon. 

We have taken a lot for granted in the past and probably still do. I think we are conditioned this way when the stark truth is there's no guarantees for any of us.

Keep on keeping on buddy👍💛💚

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Billyboybunters said:

Thought the message was “stay at home”. How is this essential. Fecking idiots.

Correct but as others have said, the simple Scouse response is always...........................'It's their / Thatcher / Tory Government / London / Westminster / Mancs / the English / Johnson  (delete as appropriate) fault'. Their police look the other way as they tend to do (remember when the Man City team bus got attacked?) and just make excuses for the mob.    

All ignored by the mainstream media who have swallowed the 'always the victim' line for years. 

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh come on for crying out loud they just drew a prem side for the first and probably the only time in the clubs entire history, give them a break

That and from what I could tell they did look rule obeying

You complete dumbass

A lot of ignorance and prejudice on this thread, didn't realise there were so many readers of the Sun around here... 

If you're saying that you wouldn't go have a look outside if a top 6 team bus pulled up outside your house, I don't believe you. And I'm pretty sure anywhere in the country you'd have seen the same response.

It's not just Merseyside where teenagers/young people aren't sticking to social distancing rules and are going out with their mates, it's happening all over the country.

5 minutes ago, Argos said:

A lot of ignorance and prejudice on this thread, didn't realise there were so many readers of the Sun around here... 

If you're saying that you wouldn't go have a look outside if a top 6 team bus pulled up outside your house, I don't believe you. And I'm pretty sure anywhere in the country you'd have seen the same response.

It's not just Merseyside where teenagers/young people aren't sticking to social distancing rules and are going out with their mates, it's happening all over the country.

It just appears to be happening more often in Merseyside than anywhere else.

And no, if Spurs coach drove past my house and there was a crowd of people, I wouldn't go near it.

5 minutes ago, Argos said:

Definitely happening in Westminster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55620138

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

And no, if Spurs coach drove past my house and there was a crowd of people, I wouldn't go near it.

What if Kenny had joined Spurs? 

5 hours ago, Argos said:

Bus of a top 6 club attracts a crowd in  merseyside, home of the reining champions. 

Yep, they don't see a top EPL side there often.....

Also, the irony of accusing people of being sun readers in a post about scousers! 

11 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

A prime example of where the problem lies - everyone seems to be blaming the government, and probably many that were pictured waiting for the Spurs coach, but it’s these kind of hypocrites that are to blame for these further lockdowns and not the government.

They are not mutually exclusive though. Idiots break the rules in huge numbers to stare at a bus, government sends kids to school for a grand total of one day for next to no educational benefit then makes the realisation it's probably going to promote the spread of the disease. Having already mixed a load of kids together.

It's absolutely fair enough to say that many people are behaving badly and at the same time the government is incompetent. The two combined is proving pretty lethal right now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Bus of a top 6 club attracts a crowd in  merseyside, home of the reining champions. 

Yep, they don't see a top EPL side there often.....

Also, the irony of accusing people of being sun readers in a post about scousers! 

Crosby isn't the same place as Everton or Anfield, but I wouldn't expect somebody who makes sweeping generalisations about people from a particular area to understand that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

We do seem to have a problem in this country but the leadership is virtually non existent. We've now woken up to the news that our Prime Minister has cycled 7 miles from home just days after 2 ladies were fined for travelling 5 miles for a walk in Derbyshire. You really couldn't make it up. 

The FA Cup seems to bring out the idiots. Last night's Stockport v West Ham game was brought to a halt because a twit decided to set off some industrial size fireworks next to the ground. You do have to wonder about the thought processes of these people but when the bloke in charge appears to have no judgement or common sense whatsoever perhaps we shouldn't be surprised. 

12 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I tend to agree with this, and we all have to be masters of our own fate at the end of the day but the Government makes a habit of leaving far too many grey areas with appalling consistency. This doesn't help things.

Even enforcement is inconsistent whilst the new found vigour regarding ports of entry is about ten months and more too late.

I popped into my local Co-Op convenience store last week for just one item. I forgot my mask, leaving it in the car, and only realised at checkout. I apologised to the assistant who said it was no problem. Boy! Did I get a telling off from an elderly lady as I left the store though. She was right. I won't make that mistake again. We need police ourselves more as well, rather like the Singaporeans 

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Correct but as others have said, the simple Scouse response is always...........................'It's their / Thatcher / Tory Government / London / Westminster / Mancs / the English / Johnson  (delete as appropriate) fault'. Their police look the other way as they tend to do (remember when the Man City team bus got attacked?) and just make excuses for the mob.    

All ignored by the mainstream media who have swallowed the 'always the victim' line for years. 

Attitudes like yours don’t help either. Try changing Scouse in your post to Irish, Jewish or Indian. There are d1ckheads everywhere.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Argos said:

Most of the ignorance has come from those people crowding against social distancing rules, actually. That this thread is condemning that isn't the problem. You excusing it on the other hand..

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

There is actual data available on this you know, and no.... Merseyside is not the worst.

University of Law study found Devon and Cornwall to be the worst, and Merseyside was not in the top 5! 

Leicester was 2nd or 3rd I think, not aware of the scandal of the unsafe factories supplying Boohoo?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

There is actual data available on this you know, and no.... Merseyside is not the worst.

University of Law study found Devon and Cornwall to be the worst, and Merseyside was not in the top 5! 

Leicester was 2nd or 3rd I think, not aware of the scandal of the unsafe factories supplying Boohoo?

My judgment is possibly clouded by a Liverpool fan offering to introduce me to his friend Stanley, but personally I hope they all get it. 

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm not sure how accurate their research can be, what is it based on? Arrests for breaching restrictions? In which case that's entirely unreliable as the big crowds we saw for Marine there were police stationed marshalling an entirely un-socially-distanced crowd but they're obviously not going to arrest everyone...

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

My judgment is possibly clouded by a Liverpool fan offering to introduce me to his friend Stanley, but personally I hope they all get it. 

But Crosby is considered an Everton FC area I believe, in fact Carlo Ancelotti and a lot of Everton players including Richarlison live there! 

So aren't you on the same side in hating Liverpool fans?

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

But Crosby is considered an Everton FC area I believe, in fact Carlo Ancelotti and a lot of Everton players including Richarlison live there! 

So aren't you on the same side in hating Liverpool fans?

I was at Carrow Road when Everton won the title. Their fans celebrated by singing "Everton are white" so I have little time for them either. 

Just now, hogesar said:

I'm not sure how accurate their research can be, what is it based on? Arrests for breaching restrictions? In which case that's entirely unreliable as the big crowds we saw for Marine there were police stationed marshalling an entirely un-socially-distanced crowd but they're obviously not going to arrest everyone...

I think its lockdown fines, but I suspect its a lot more scientific than saying having a hunch that Merseyside is the worst because of stories you see in the tabloids.

But if we were using that method I've personally heard mostly about illegal parties in London, and amongst professional footballers its mostly been London based footballers breaching rules as well? Spurs, Fulham, West Ham? 

“Liverpool should be under a strict lockdown where they aren’t allowed out of their houses”

-The Real Buh, 1996

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Argos said:

Crosby isn't the same place as Everton or Anfield, but I wouldn't expect somebody who makes sweeping generalisations about people from a particular area to understand that.

Never said Crosby was the same as Everton or Liverpool, however they are all Merseyside. I'm sure lots of people from Crosby (when allowed) travel to watch both local EPL teams

Crosby has a Liverpool postcode! 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We are 330 per 100K at the moment and Devon is lower. Two cases in ICU in Cornwall and neither live here. They were visitors.

Chap died in a car crash and test revealed he had Covid. Should that be counted?

10 hours ago, Argos said:

Ridiculous. If that is true then the world has really gone mad. A coach with a football team pulls up outside my house and I would look through a window not go out and gawp at them side by side with other people in the middle of a pandemic as if they are some latter day saints.

• Like 2

In many ways keeping elite sport going is a morale boos for much of the population. That said scenes like this, well publicized breaches by a minority of players, trips abroad by certain clubs etc may bring pressure to stop the season in due course