10 hours ago, City fan said:

Binner, you fecking pr*ck. If you had a brain you would be dangerous. 

1B46A8FA-20D9-4B5B-BDDC-8408D933C0D4.jpeg

• Haha 7

Lambert use to be a reserved and cool manager but he turned up at carrow road clearly looking for a fight with anyone he could and got himself sent off. 

He's gone from being a cool and level headed manager to being overcome with emotion. 

It's not working at Ipswich. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

We just need to hold our current course, stay calm during the bumps in the road, support the kids coming through and we'll leave them for dust.

21 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

We just need to hold our current course, stay calm during the bumps in the road, support the kids coming through and we'll leave them for dust.

Even Accrington Stanley are currently leaving them for dust if you look at the league standings.😁

• Haha 1

We released Diallang Jaiyesimi because we considered he wasn't good enough for us. Yesterday he proved that he's too good for Ipswich Town - that's the reality of where the two clubs are at the moment. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Unfortunately for them the League 1 wage cap hits them full on next season. They will need to cut a huge chunk off their wage bill to avoid a points deduction. Championship clubs will know that and they'll have to take peanuts for Downes and Wolfenden to get them off the books. 

In some ways I'm not sure if that will hurt them or help them. If they are paying more wages for some of that squad than is usual at that level then more fool them.

I remember when they signed Norwood and they were saying he'd be their version of Grant Holt... well that went well didn't it?

I seem to remember that Karsa did a lot of the player identification and recruitment and it was said Culverhouse did a lot of the hands on coaching. If that is true, then you can really see how he may have struggled to find the same team to work with since.

2 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

Lambert use to be a reserved and cool manager but he turned up at carrow road clearly looking for a fight with anyone he could and got himself sent off. 

He's gone from being a cool and level headed manager to being overcome with emotion. 

If anyone has a chance, buy Stuart Webber a beer and ask him about this day.  About the efforts City went to , to help Lambert because they knew he was going to get stick . About Lambert , and the rest of the ITFC staff and how wired they all were - including slaughtering the guy that collects the teamsheets for the Ref. 

Lambert came looking to mix it that day. He felt (quite rightly) that it was the only chance they had. One of the best ever quotes I have heard in football was "the NCFC coaches don't go looking for a fight, but they love it when a fight finds them" .  Look at the still photos and the absolute fear in the faces of the ITFC bench (Lambert's in particular)  at the reaction from our bench is priceless. And shortly afterwards when the photo of Chambers grabbing Godfrey by the unmentionables appeared, so did a reappearance of a clip of video on twitter of Godfrey sparring in a boxing ring - it's fair to say Godfrey would make mincemeat out of Chambers, or any of them. 

The Binners lost in many more ways than just being hammered on the pitch that day. Lambert, in truth, has never recovered from it. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

Is Emotion a double or single malt?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Is Emotion a double or single malt?

I'm not sure what i'm missing but i don't get the comment. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

23 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

He is maybe suggesting that Lambert may or may not like a drink, in a may or may not kind of way 🤷🏻

Does that work for not saying something that might or not be seen as making a suggestion 😁

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Lambo is quite fond of Scotland's finest export - alledgedly

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

We released Diallang Jaiyesimi because we considered he wasn't good enough for us. Yesterday he proved that he's too good for Ipswich Town - that's the reality of where the two clubs are at the moment. 

I think with Jaiyesimi it was injury problems and Swindon have taken the risk. He could still turn out to be a good player. Didn't we sign him the same time as Godfrey.?

I think it's entirely reasonable to respect Lambert for what he achieved here and at the same time have zero respect for the manner of his leaving and his behaviour since.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Lambo is quite fond of Scotland's finest export - alledgedly

Smoked Salmon? Cough, Irn bru? Cough , Fake family Clan histories? Cough.

Edited by wcorkcanary

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think it's entirely reasonable to respect Lambert for what he achieved here and at the same time have zero respect for the manner of his leaving and his behaviour since.

Spot on Nutty, I had immense enjoyment from the time Lambert was here, was gutted when he left, and now I get almost equal enjoyment at his antics and record down the road. He was the figurehead of one of the best management teams Norwich have had in recent decades. 

40 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Totally, he's the one by the way who has burnt these bridges, none of this has ever come from the Norwich fans or the club. For whatever reason, since he left he's been incredibly bitter about us. It made me laugh after we did them 3-0 in his game here 2 years ago when he sat there moaning that he had got us consecutive promotions and how the Norwich fans have short memories. Well maybe if he hadn't behaved like a total d!ckhead with no respect since leaving us then he wouldn't have been getting stick.

The bloke's a to$$er.

43 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You are exactly right. For contrast, look at Alex Neil. 

• Like 4

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

Totally, he's the one by the way who has burnt these bridges, none of this has ever come from the Norwich fans or the club. For whatever reason, since he left he's been incredibly bitter about us. It made me laugh after we did them 3-0 in his game here 2 years ago when he sat there moaning that he had got us consecutive promotions and how the Norwich fans have short memories. Well maybe if he hadn't behaved like a total d!ckhead with no respect since leaving us then he wouldn't have been getting stick.

The bloke's a to$$er.

Yep, and I also think Norwich fans were pretty classy that day. Very little abuse but a few loud, ironic "There's only one Paul Lambert" chants towards the end.

6 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

Lambert use to be a reserved and cool manager

I don't think so. My comment when he first appeared was that he looked angry & ambitious.- not necessarily a bad thing at the time, considering the pickle we were in. But I wasn't surprised when it all went nipples skywards.

19 hours ago, chicken said:

Honestly, I don't think Lambert has been the same since parting ways with Culverhouse and Karsa. He's had the odd moment but nothing like the consistency.

Like much of the team he oversaw with us, the majority never went on to do better, Surman being the only real exception. And I don't think he really did either.

Culverhouse was the brains of the outfit. As soon as partnership split Lambert had been found out. 

59 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I would suspect there might be someone on here who loved a spouse once. That spouse walked out and now they dislike that spouse. But that someone may have remarried and love someone else now. And of course they despise their ex even more.

16 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I don't think so. My comment when he first appeared was that he looked angry & ambitious.- not necessarily a bad thing at the time, considering the pickle we were in. But I wasn't surprised when it all went nipples skywards.

I do think so. He was a bit of a silent snake and would leave one team for another without a whisper.

When the opportunies ran out he seemed to be become angry. 

3 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I do think so. He was a bit of a silent snake and would leave one team for another without a whisper.

When the opportunies ran out he seemed to be become angry. 

Well, I thought he had a red flush on his cheeks, together with the tight lips that say Barely Controlled Anger. He looked the type of guy who would take offence easily.

You might think it hindsight, but angry & ambitious was what I posted when he first appeared.

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

Well, I thought he had a red flush on his cheeks, together with the tight lips that say Barely Controlled Anger. He looked the type of guy who would take offence easily.

You might think it hindsight, but angry & ambitious was what I posted when he first appeared.

The point I'm making is that he was able to contain himself.

It doesn't appear to be able anymore. 

34 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

The point I'm making is that he was able to contain himself.

It doesn't appear to be able anymore. 

To be fair, it's probably easier to contain yourself when you are winning back to back promotions and finishing mid-table in the Premier League than when you are constantly watching a rubbish team... beat you.

I'm not embarrassed to say that I was gutted when he walked out on us for Villa. I would have forgiven him if he had stayed another season and kept us in the Premier as a more established top flight club and moved on to a top six club but he didn't. He ran before it all went pear shaped.

Those years when he was here must not be forgotten by us as they were some of the most exciting that I have seen as a supporter of over 50 years plus. However, there is no doubt that Culverhouse was the brains behind him. I used to sit behind the dugouts at that time and I cannot remember just how many games it was Culverhouse that was making most if not all of the changes, dragging us back into games, making tactical switches, and finding that late winner with inspirational substitutions. There is no doubt that without Culverhouse he is half the manager that he was. And BTW, it is not inconceivable that they could face each other in the dug out at league level in the next few seasons. 

I will never forget how Lambert came out at Colchester ahead of that 5-0 win in league one on that waterlogged pitch. It said everything about him - loving the animosity and almost stoking the angry Col U fans up even more. It wasn't pleasant to see and it was no surprise to me how he then acted at our place in our 3-0 win.

I am forever telling the 1p5wich fans that live all around me that he is doing a great job with a big smile on my face. He just needs to keep winning the odd game here or there not to get the bullet from Marcus and the steady decline will continue of that massive three star club that live in the past century. He only needs those odd wins because whenever they win an odd game their supporters start talking like they are a Champions League team in the waiting - its the perfect recipe for him to stay for the entire length of his five year contract. 

It is not impossible to think that our clubs could be three leagues apart in the near future. Mind you, big Mick is available again and he might get the call to come back and breathe new life into that 'giant club'. Cough, cough. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I would suspect there might be someone on here who loved a spouse once. That spouse walked out and now they dislike that spouse. But that someone may have remarried and love someone else now. And of course they despise their ex even more.

And then for years after, the ex who chose to leave spits smears and blame back at the first person? Certainly sounds like PL.