Always careful of saying anything to negative just in case I somehow upset the football gods and suddenly Elon Musk buys them but they do look a decent distance away from being a good side. The worst bit for them is that the 3 or 4 young players with potential they have like woolfenden, dozzell, lankaster and downes will surely be snapped up by average championship sides in the summer.

At the risk of sounding slightly sympathetic we would be furious if we had an ex Ipswich Town manager, takes us down and then keep us there for what is looking like a minimum of 3 seasons. Personally I think they should replace him with Glenn Roeder if they want a real high quality ex Norwich manager. 😂

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

As poor an Ipswich side as I've ever seen. Lambert has really lost his mojo.

Honestly, I don't think Lambert has been the same since parting ways with Culverhouse and Karsa. He's had the odd moment but nothing like the consistency.

Like much of the team he oversaw with us, the majority never went on to do better, Surman being the only real exception. And I don't think he really did either.

• Like 2

Lambert strikes me as one of those British coaches who likes the idea of possession football but doesn't understand it's purpose or how to properly implement it. He only started trying to play this way when he went to Villa and it's just never worked for his teams. He certainly doesn't coach it very well either as whenever they're under pressure they revert to type of knocking the ball long which tells me they don't understand the tactic either. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

18 minutes ago, Big O said:

At the risk of sounding slightly sympathetic we would be furious if we had an ex Ipswich Town manager, takes us down and then keep us there for what is looking like a minimum of 3 seasons. 

Unfortunately for them the League 1 wage cap hits them full on next season. They will need to cut a huge chunk off their wage bill to avoid a points deduction. Championship clubs will know that and they'll have to take peanuts for Downes and Wolfenden to get them off the books. 

Says something about L1 that the Scum can lose 7 out of 19 games and still be within 3 points of the play off positions.

Edited by Crafty Canary

I'll never forget them waving £5/10 notes at us at Portman Road when we went down to L1 ... the current status of things is utterly delicious.

At least they have their prehistory. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Says something about L1 that the Scum can lose 7 out of 19 games and still be within 3 points of the play off positions.

This, I wish the Teams around them would show some form and put them away. Then again, if they got all the way to Wembley and got tonked in an empty Stadium, that would be worth watching. 

Lambert saved city. When he came he, the club was in freefall. He took city from league 1 to 12th in the premiership. So stop being a bunch of tw*ts about him and fecking grow up. 

Edited by City fan
Correction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, City fan said:

Lambert saved city. When he came he, the club was in freefall. He took city from league 1 to 12th in the premiership. So stop being a bunch of tw*ts about him and fecking grow up. 

Lol, nah, hope he gets herpes

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, City fan said:

... oh go on then ...

Binner.

37 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

This, I wish the Teams around them would show some form and put them away. Then again, if they got all the way to Wembley and got tonked in an empty Stadium, that would be worth watching. 

They lost to Lincoln (1st) Hull (2nd) Portsmouth (3rd) Doncaster (4th) Charlton (7th) Sunderland (10th) and Swindon (22nd). They're pretty consistent at losing to playoff contenders and beating everyone else.

19 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

... oh go on then ...

Binner.

Binner, you fecking pr*ck. If you had a brain you would be dangerous. 

Edited by City fan

41 minutes ago, City fan said:

Lambert and Culverhouse, Lambert on his own is nothing, the man walked out on Colchester to join us, walked out on us to join Villa and it has been down hill for him ever since.  How any self repseting Norwich fan can forget not only the manner of his leaving  but his antics at Carrow Rd as manager of our rivals is beyond me and  how an body can defend his terrible record in L1 as their manager is also beyond me. The man is a weapons grade bell end and a **** manager pure and simple.........

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, City fan said:

The combination of 1p5wich and our ex-manager who has shown us precious little respect since he left, is the perfect storm for most Norwich fans. Yes he did fantastic for us and it was great times, but really he's burnt his bridges as far as that time is concerned. He ought to be remembered with pride and affection, but has ruined any chance of that after joining Ipswich and the histrionics last time he was at CR for a match.

The only way I can think about it is to look back and remember that it was fantastic at the time, but it is in the past and all that matters is now....and now he is at our arch rivals (correction "he is at a team who were our arch rivals").

• Like 5

If it was us struggling in league 1 they would be pissing themselves and flying banners over Norwich. I remember getting the train up to Portman Road the season after we got relegated from the Premier league and a poster on a bridge coming into Ipswich read "welcome back inbred scum".

They like their petty torments so I hope they fester in league 1 for another season before dropping into the football abyss.

You have to enjoy these moments ))

• Like 2

2 hours ago, City fan said:

You seem to forget that he sued the club, and did everything he could to unsettle Hoolahan when he wanted to steal him for Villa. And let's not even mention his disgraceful behaviour on the touchline when Ipswich arrived for their ritual humiliation (too late, mentioned it!) So while it's true that we owe him some gratitude for what he did in those promotion winning seasons, he has done a lot subsequently to invite the disapprobation he frequently recieves on these pages (although it should be noted he recieves a lot more vitriolic abuse on the TWTD pages).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, City fan said:

And if you had one you wouldn't feel insecure enough to call someone a 'fecking ****' on the Internet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, City fan said:

....that's not very friendly 😕.....

He was there. In disguise, along with Lee O' Neill (a non-football man who is nevertheless director of football operations.)

Both are in recovery, but apparently had a serious set-back yesterday and will need even more time to recover. This being their fan's only cause for celebration on the day.

Town manager Paul Lambert (left) watching the game with Ipswich Town general manager of football ope

Edited by BroadstairsR

Just had an early morning browse of TWTD. What a strange lot. We are very well organised in comparison. We have one thread for matchday that usually goes to 8 or 9 pages. They start a new thread every time they have a glimmer of inspiration. There are about 50 threads on the game yesterday, most of which have no responses. I've looked at forums for lots of clubs and I've never seen anything quite like it. 

Most of them seem to agree with Mick Mills on the radio that they should be playing two up front. It hasn't occurred to any of them that there may be a flaw in that argument. 

Several think that they'll lose their best players to Premier League clubs before long. That includes Dozzell who spent most of yesterday's game hitting pin point passes to the opposition. 

Not only is the club a mess, they can't even manage a forum. 

10 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just had an early morning browse of TWTD. What a strange lot. We are very well organised in comparison. We have one thread for matchday that usually goes to 8 or 9 pages. They start a new thread every time they have a glimmer of inspiration. There are about 50 threads on the game yesterday, most of which have no responses. I've looked at forums for lots of clubs and I've never seen anything quite like it. 

Most of them seem to agree with Mick Mills on the radio that they should be playing two up front. It hasn't occurred to any of them that there may be a flaw in that argument. 

Several think that they'll lose their best players to Premier League clubs before long. That includes Dozzell who spent most of yesterday's game hitting pin point passes to the opposition. 

Not only is the club a mess, they can't even manage a forum. 

They need to look up the word 'Official' in the dictionary

• Haha 3

Premier League and anything related to Ipswich Town Football Club is a contradiction of terms.

Dozell and Downes might attract a decent Championship club at most. Bishop could have been but is injury prone in excess.

They have a decent full back who is injured at the moment but might eventually go higher. His name eludes me.

The rest had League 1. stamped all over their performance, with the exception of James Norwood who is pub league. Mind you he did bring some life into their attacking play yesterday   ....... says it all really.

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Premier League and anything related to Ipswich Town Football Club is a contradiction of terms.

Dozell and Downes might attract a decent Championship club at most. Bishop could have been but is injury prone in excess.

They have a decent full back who is injured at the moment but might eventually go higher. His name eludes me.

The rest had League 1. stamped all over their performance, with the exception of James Norwood who is pub league. Mind you he did bring some life into their attacking play yesterday   ....... says it all really.

Just to add to this I noticed that Andre Dozzel scored for Kings Lynn yesterday, he was supposed to be their big hope a few years ago.

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Just to add to this I noticed that Andre Dozzel scored for Kings Lynn yesterday, he was supposed to be their big hope a few years ago.

I think you mean Alex Kiwomya FF

47 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

And use the correct number of asterisks for the official and non-official matchday threads. They have no trouble bandying  stars around, why not  asterisks  too?

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Not an asterisk in sight either. I don't know you are supposed to read it?

So I didn't bother.