Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Athletic report on Emi

Emi Buendia: From Norwich City to Arsenal

Arsenal have been persistently linked to playmakers across Europe this transfer window, with Mesut Ozil so far left out in the cold by manager Mikel Arteta. And Emile Smith Rowe, while very highly thought of at the club, is still thought of as a developing talent who could provide back-up and competition to a more established attacking midfielder.

The big story that has been talked about this week is Arsenal’s interest in Norwich City’s Emi Buendia, a player that the club have scouted for more than 18 months. Arsenal admired Buendia’s talent in the Premier League last season and have continued to monitor his progress in the Championship, where he has created more chances than any player in one of Europe’s top five leagues. Prising him away from Norwich’s promotion bid would come at a cost, however, and Arsenal are not thought to be willing to meet Norwich’s reported £40 million asking price.

Arsenal are also unwilling to include homegrown talents such as Reiss Nelson or Joe Willock in a part-exchange deal. The only chance of those players leaving north London this month would be on loan, with Arsenal’s aim for the transfer window to trim their squad and allow their fringe players to get game time and develop elsewhere.

Arsenal are willing to wait to ensure they sign the right player and avoid making the same recruitment mistakes of the past. This means that a deal for Buendia, or an alternative, could rumble on until the end of the window, or possibly until summer.

9 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Arsenal haven't got any money.

They don't have to have cash on the hip so to speak. Can structure a deal with negotiated stage payments, I guess. I certainly hope we keep Emi, he is worth more than £40m IMO

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

They don't have to have cash on the hip so to speak. Can structure a deal with negotiated stage payments, I guess. I certainly hope we keep Emi, he is worth more than £40m IMO

Could physically be worth more than that to us if we do get promoted come the end of the season

43 minutes ago, AJ said:

Could physically be worth more than that to us if we do get promoted come the end of the season

And that's a judgment that only the club can make. Risk/reward.

They’ll talk it up, put all these trendy news articles out there’s and on deadline day they’ll offer us £4m Quid.

they are cheap

29 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

They’ll talk it up, put all these trendy news articles out there’s and on deadline day they’ll offer us £4m Quid.

they are cheap

Remember when they found out about Suarez's £40m release clause at Liverpool and bid £40,000,001? Chancers.

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Remember when they found out about Suarez's £40m release clause at Liverpool and bid £40,000,001? Chancers.

🤣🤣🤣 thanks for the reminder I’d forgotten about that. Can’t believe they did that, proper tinpot!