27 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Must've made a few quid from the moves he's had. 😀

Indeed! Or at least his agent has. Sought-after commodity, or journeyman ..?

Wish him and them all the best, a decent club in spite of their current manager

Edited by GenerationA47

Which begs the question.

When City were threatened with relegation this time last year would you have been pleased were  we to sign Robert Snodgrass?

Nah!

(Good deadballs?)

19 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Lake District Canary is typing...

Indeed. If I was a baggie, I'd be fuming.  At 33, never a quick player, who needs his ego massaged to get anything out of him. Maybe Allardyce will do that.....will have to wait and see, but I'd be very surprised if that signing will have enough of an effect to make any difference. 

• Like 1

Maybe he has been bought to take the penalties?

All of them 🤭

• Haha 1

An odd player really, never seemed to get the best out of him here. Perhaps he works harder now he's struggled to consistently be in a team. Wouldn't be pinning my hopes on him in their position though

I really like WBA (especially the curry before the game) but when they appointed Sam I wished them the worst. Now they've signed Snodgrass I don't have to wish any more. 

Now I just wish that Sam gets nailed by HMRC. Still feel sorry for their fans though. A similar club to us in many ways and they deserve better 

• Haha 1

I'm not sure Snoddy is their answer. And it won't stop Big Sam going through his chewing gum watching matches.

He's a player who, a bit like Robbie Brady, has always promised more than he's delivered. Occasionally brilliant, occasionally appalling but mostly mediocre. Way too comfortable financially to be hungry enough for a relegation fight, but he'll turn up and look like he's occasionally trying. First two or three games he'll look awesome compared to what they've got, then he'll disappear. 

And yes, I know I should move on, but he shouldn't have taken the damn penalty........!

1 minute ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

I thought he was good for us generally. Wasn't he top scorer one season?

My research tells me that, no, he was not. Nevertheless.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Sigh...

Here we go again. Please no-one mention RVW.

Damn, i just did!

I'm still here, you know. I'll never leave.

• Like 1

Free kick at Swansea in victory lies long in the memory, penalty taken off RVW the worst of Snoddy

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I know I shouldn't but...

What makes people think it would have been different if RVW had taken that penalty?

Confidence.  Simples

• Thanks 1

Unfair criticism of Snoddy as he was our most consistent player when here. Still would take him back here for competition. Great lad to have around off the pitch too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HB1989 said:

Unfair criticism of Snoddy as he was our most consistent player when here. Still would take him back here for competition. Great lad to have around off the pitch too.

One good thing about Snoddy is that he has never dissed our club, quite the reverse in fact. Even recently he has posted some good comments about us. Clearly he is a decent player or he won't have been coming on for West Ham. Yet I couldnt see him coming back into a Farke type team.

23 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Confidence.  Simples

Youre right. That answer is overly simplistic.

Snodgrass was a very good player for us. Probably the best player we had for one season.

At his current age I cant see him making a massive difference but he would still be very good for a promotion push again next season

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hogesar said:

Youre right. That answer is overly simplistic.

Snodgrass was a very good player for us. Probably the best player we had for one season.

At his current age I cant see him making a massive difference but he would still be very good for a promotion push again next season

The Snoddy/RVW penalty debate reminds me of the 'timelines' episode of Community and the different potential realities people cling to.

• Reality one- the one we live in
  • Reality two- Snoddy scores the penalty, we stay up
  • Reality three- RVW scores it, continues to be crap
  • Reality four- RVW scores it, becomes a 20 a season striker, we stay up and he eventually moves to Madrid, solves world hunger and stops Trump becoming President
  • Reality five- RVW takes it, misses it, still is rubbish
  • Reality six- RVW takes it, misses it, collapses into a black hole of shame and doubt, moves to Kings Lynn two years later before deciding football isn't actually for him and starts a small glamping business near Thetford Forest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I also asked a West Ham supporting mate what the general view of him was there- this was his response...

"I and everyone I talk to loves him. Full of running, gives it his all, put Karren Brady in her place, took a ban for swearing at a drugs tester, seems like a really good egg"

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

Whats the most famous penalty in NCFC history?  Is it mentioned less or more than the snodgrass/RVW one?

*That* chip

Not in Norfolk please

7 hours ago, king canary said:

The Snoddy/RVW penalty debate reminds me of the 'timelines' episode of Community and the different potential realities people cling to.

• Reality one- the one we live in
  • Reality two- Snoddy scores the penalty, we stay up
  • Reality three- RVW scores it, continues to be crap
  • Reality four- RVW scores it, becomes a 20 a season striker, we stay up and he eventually moves to Madrid, solves world hunger and stops Trump becoming President
  • Reality five- RVW takes it, misses it, still is rubbish
  • Reality six- RVW takes it, misses it, collapses into a black hole of shame and doubt, moves to Kings Lynn two years later before deciding football isn't actually for him and starts a small glamping business near Thetford Forest.

I was going to post something less funny but similar about how reality five or at best three were likely if Snoddy hadn’t taken the ball from RVW.