Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

No more support for now

Following the Ipswich game I shall be a former supporter, supporter being one who supports his club financially, not a dictionary definition I know. 

Ipswich is the last of this seasons hat trick plan, with no intention of signing up for next year.  After witnessing the appalling performances during this season.

The club has had the last of my financial investment for now until the current management team is replaced.  Who cares I hear you ask, well if I’m alone then noone but if there are others then the club will begin to take notice, and I am sure there are others certainly not posting on here.

I shall however continue the light hearted banter with the misguided minority or is it majority who think Worthy and his merry men are doing a good job on this board.

I expect to be back at Carrow Road to support our new management regime next season, finances will become tighter after the abject failure of this season and I fully expect them to make the necessary changes, when season tickets are not renewed, box holders don’t renew and shirt sponsors are renewed at a lower figure than Proton.

city til we all die!!!!

we don''t need supporters like you, real supporters will follow the yellas forever whatever league, it may hurt sometimes if we lose, get relegated, sell our best players.

the board may cock up, the management may cock and even the players have not shown true potential but while theres a club there WILL be supporters.

i guess we''ll be seeing u the next time things are going well or we sign a big player,

why don''t you give your binner ticket to someone who''ll really support but isn''t able to.

Go away little man and buy your Chelsea shirt!!!!

[quote user="pete"]

Following the Ipswich game I shall be a former supporter, supporter being one who supports his club financially, not a dictionary definition I know. 

Ipswich is the last of this seasons hat trick plan, with no intention of signing up for next year.  After witnessing the appalling performances during this season.

The club has had the last of my financial investment for now until the current management team is replaced.  Who cares I hear you ask, well if I’m alone then noone but if there are others then the club will begin to take notice, and I am sure there are others certainly not posting on here.

I shall however continue the light hearted banter with the misguided minority or is it majority who think Worthy and his merry men are doing a good job on this board.

I expect to be back at Carrow Road to support our new management regime next season, finances will become tighter after the abject failure of this season and I fully expect them to make the necessary changes, when season tickets are not renewed, box holders don’t renew and shirt sponsors are renewed at a lower figure than Proton.

[/quote] It is not Worthy you are deserting it is our team and yours! Wether Worthy is doing a good job or not  really makes no diff. to me. I SUPPORT THE TEAM co''s that is what we do. 

[quote user="oh huckerby"]

city til we all die!!!!

we don''t need supporters like you, real supporters will follow the yellas forever whatever league, it may hurt sometimes if we lose, get relegated, sell our best players.

the board may cock up, the management may cock and even the players have not shown true potential but while theres a club there WILL be supporters.

i guess we''ll be seeing u the next time things are going well or we sign a big player,

why don''t you give your binner ticket to someone who''ll really support but isn''t able to.

Go away little man and buy your Chelsea shirt!!!!

I think you''re being a bit hard on Pete, everyone is entitled to vote with thier feet.

[/quote]

Support the team when the team needs your support most.

Unfortunately you are not alone. Whenever clubs get relegated from the Premiership (and some have to you know) even if they have been out of it for years and have little to spend and commonsense screams that a modest sized club will struggle to stay up and may need a spell of re-grouping, re-planning and re-engineering certain ''supporters'' will suffer from an illness of rising expectations and allow unfair expectations and fantasies to cloud their judgement and detatch themselves from the club - look at Sunderland even now!

Just as it was an inevitable consequence to lose Ashton because of relegation it is an inevitable consequence to lose the ''easy fans''. See you in a while Pete when you are singing ''Worthy is our King'' from the Barclay again and you can pretend that you''ve been there through the harder times.

Poor show.

[quote user="pete"]

Following the Ipswich game I shall be a former supporter,

[/quote]Go and support Chelsea or Man U then.If you feel so strongly why wait till the Ipswich game? Sell the ticket and take a stand.

What a plonker this is a typicial Fair weather fan it would be fantastic if we had some big time charlie bankrolling us but we have not and it does not matter wether Worthingtons in charge or saddam hussain if its your team you support Good or Bad times not just when we are winning.

I live 10 miles from reading and i am seeing what i witnessed at carrow road 2 years ago and there are a lot more new reading shirts appearing everywhere this is not a bad thing because it generates money for the club however will these fans be around in 2 years time when reading are struggling in the championship like we are at the moment probably not?

I dont think worthington is solely to blame for this season, we have not played a settled team yet and the squad is to small also injuries have played a major part in this.

I dont agree with some of the signing he as made and some of the games have been a bit hard on the eyes however i will still drive to norwich every home game i will buy my season ticket for next season and my wifes and who knows if a few more fairweather fans dont renew their season tickets it will move my son''s place in the season ticket waiting list nearer the front so he will replace you

There are too many so called fans on this board slagging the manager , players , players we have not signed yet? and the board. How many of you could do better 

Please stop the slagging and support your team whoever they may be if they wear green & yellow you as a supporter support them thats what you do

I have been reading this board for a long time and there was some valid points being made but now it seem some people just post just to see how many posts they can get and how much drivel they can dish out

Wether it premiership or the conference it will be city til i die and beyond

Why so small minded?

There are a hard core of attending supporters, there are those attracted by a successful team and there are those who support from an armchair when you reach the Prem''. So what?

You lose supporters progressively as the team fails through all of these strata and you lose revenue as a result. Many of the so-called fickle fans are often people with wide interests to turn to outside of football.

Norwich City has to earn it''s way and when it does well it attracts the peripheral supporters. Turning against fellow fans just because they are not as obsessed as you is pathetic.

Funny how people wished Ashton and Green well in their pursuit of something better. So players are above the club and too good to be here are they whereas supporters who chose to vote with their feet are not?

You know, not everyone will tolerate mediocrity. Part of Costa Del Norwich is the ongoing hand wringing quiet sufference of it''s ''tame'' support.

[quote user="pete"]

[/quote]I understand your point, I don''t think we need to re-visit the dark days of robert chase when many people boycotted matches and merchandise.The problem still remains how the club is set up, i.e we have majority share holders which means these people run the club exactly how they see fit.I did believe that once Robert Chase was removed  we were going to  have a club which will be governered  by the fans this sadly has not happened.When the club put''s out an SOS during those dark days for  fans to purchase seasons tickets or face going broke many people like you and me parted with money to save this club.When the club needs a share issue to raise funds it''s you and me the loyal fans prepared to plough money into the club.premier league arrives and suddenly they no longer need us, relegation hits us - many season ticket holders fail to take up there allocation for the fa cup match against west ham.the alarm bells will already be ringing, they will need us again in the future but may be some of us won''t be there for them.

[quote user="Tadley Yellow"]

Wether it premiership or the conference it will be city til i die and beyond

[/quote]Ditto, you support a team through thick and thin, the Ecstasy of promotion, winning games, the excitement of signing new players (Ok not so much this year!) the disappointment when we loose, get relegated etc but whatever happens you support the club.  I will be renewing my season ticket for next year and for many years to come and so will thousand upon thousand loyal fans!

Thank god some people on this board are finally talking sense.We are having a bad season, yes i hate it, yes i want certain people out of the club, but stop being a norwich fan?We have seen worse football, and will again one day i dont doubt, but I will always be a Norwich fan, its in my blood.I live near stamford bridge at the moment and its sickening.Go support them or another glory team, IF you are a norwich FAN then you always will be, if not who cares what you think, till we get back up in a couple of years sign someone else good, then u can get his name on the back of your shirt.

[quote user="pete"]

[/quote]Is this one of those posts where you expect other people to give you a pat on the back? If you don''t want to renew/purchase tickets for NCFC home games then that''s wonderful, but let''s not make a song and dance of it eh?

What a surprise, this is exactly the reaction I was expecting before carefully considering posting.

You are sheep, slavishly following the club and believing everything they tell you, I am taking positive action that hopefully the club will take notice of and then do something, too late for this season.

I have supported City for over 20 years the reason I shall be temporarily withdrawing my support is the standard of football played not the league in which it is played.  Worthy is the reason the club/team are so poor and should go.  And until this happens I shall stay away.

And I ensure you I wouldn''t be attending against Ipswich game if wasn''t for my daughter looking forward to seeng us beat them comprehensively, an unlikely event.       

Fair play to you pete - I dont see this action as that of a fair weather fair but one who is disappointed at the progress this club is making under its current leadership and can see no other way of making a protest that the club, if enough people follow suit, will take notice off.  

Protests and campaigns make no odds while the stadium remains full and the club continues to view the opinions of numerous disatisfied customers as ill informed trouble makers.

I have no doubt that Pete heart remains with his club - luckily for his his cash will remain in his wallett...

Pete - I hope you make a financial return to the club sooner than you think; for all our sakes!

[quote user="pete"]

[/quote]

I''m not even going to bother writing a long rant in response to this post - it''s just not worth the bother. Norwich will clearly be better off without fans like you! Fair weather supporter is putting it mildly.....!!!

Pete

Don''t take the criticism to heart.   Sometimes we all have to take stock of our beliefs and loyalties and sometimes those decisions are palatable to the rest of your peer group (in this case, some of the Pink''Un posters).

What worries me is the rabid vitriol coming from the likes of Squit/Dicky/Tadley etc.   If Pete wants to hand his ticket back, then so be it - he still obviously supports the club as it''s his feelings of frustration that are forcing him to make this very personal decision - at least he''s got the bravery to admit that he''s had enough.    Whereas others on the board will blindly follow the leader until the bitter end, some choose to take a stand.    Hmmm, plenty of echoes of that in recent history aren''t there.

Incidentally, what would you "City till I die and beyond (?)" supporters say if someone had to give up their ticket for personal reasons?

Oh heck - guess what?   We''re back to that old chestnut aren''t we?  Who is the better supporter?    Yawn!

What a load of old squit!

Just because Pete is making a protest vote not to renew you attack him.

He has a point. Such is the anger and frustration i feel towards our board (yes, the board not Nigel Worthington) i too have toyed with the idea of not renewing , or at least holding fire on renewing just to see how this season pans out and whether our ostrich like board will bring hope back to this club by sacking NW.

We don''t know Pete''s financial circumstances so you lot are far too harsh to judge him.

If NW is sacked it will be more to do with people like Pete who don''t renew than you spineless lot with all your talk of ousting Worthington but not actually doing anything.

Do you all recall the long drawn out end of the Chase era?

Was it Celtic where the supporters all stayed away en-block to one match and the board immediately responded with change a few years back?

That will never happen at Norwich, we are too weak minded as a set of fans to challenge mediocrity as a body together. And don''t try to tell me Celtic supporters lack passion.

If we have to suffer too many more performances of the standard evident in the Preston and Watford games, I may have to stay away from Carrow Road for the good of my health. I became so furious at City''s crap display in the Watford match that I thought I was heading for a heart-attack at one stage. Come on club, board, man in charge, whoever; sort this mess out ASAP. I''m quite happy to watch fiizzy pop football, even with no realistic chance of promotion, but it would be nice to return to some exciting attacking football instead of this dour route one stuff favoured by Worthless at the moment.

I totally agree with the original poster, if you are not happy with whats going on vote with your feet.

I could not miss the saturday afternoon entertainment. but in the end if what is being served up isnt to your liking hit them where it hurts.

regular fans cant be bothered with protests and the like... they have lives.

in the end after the watford match i was so peeved by the hoofball on offer... i dont mind being championship but if we are gonna be fizzypopp league we ought to be playing better football than that

Pete,

I fully support you in your actions, i myself have thought about calling it a day.  Like you I have supported Norwich for well over 20 years, seen all the highs and lows.  Europe, relegation (4 times), players coming and going, managers the like, and I have to say only you will know when enough is enough and when it is time to go back.

Fairweather supporter I dont think so, you have no doubt like me pumped plenty of your hard earned cash into the club over the last 20 years or more, and people have the cheek to call you fairweather.

All the best in your decision and I hope you are back at carrow road, when YOU think it is time to come back

I would like to register my appreciation to those who entirely understand the purpose behind the original post.  Although I expected this from certain of the names, it is welcomed after the initial vitriol from the rose tinted brigade.

Being a fair weather supporter I have dug deep twice in recent years when the club asked for my support.

But now because I have the temeriy to post that under the current regime I withdraw my support but not my loyalty this loyalty is questioned from those whose responses were always going to be inevitable.