Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

A new owner

Burnley have  a new owner

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55551717

I'm not sure about his "You certainly haven't seen someone like me come in to run a football club........" comment and his thought about it's not essential they stay in the Prem. Also that Burnley are his 2nd choice and also where he got his money from, just sets off my cynical mind

Who's first to say 'Why isn't Delia , Alan'?

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why does an American Capital Investment Group want to risk its money with an English football club?

Read the article - they are trying to do what the Glazers have done at Man Utd. Take out loans to buy the club and then repay them with the revenues that the club itself generates. If it works they get a valuable asset for absolutely nothing!!!! 

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Read the article - they are trying to do what the Glazers have done at Man Utd. Take out loans to buy the club and then repay them with the revenues that the club itself generates. If it works they get a valuable asset for absolutely nothing!!!! 

Yep! Not the slightest bit interested in the club, just a source of potential revenue. God bless Michael and Delia!

Not sure I’d be happy with that if I was a Burnley fan. Looks like saddling them with a big debt to pay back the purchase price. Much easier to do at a club Man U size where they can be sure of staying in the Premier while the money is recouped. No wonder he brings up the possibility of dropping out of the division.