Sign in to follow this  
C.I.D

RIP Colin Bell

Passed away after a short illness aged 74

A fine player with seemingly unlimited stamina ..............wonder what he'd be worth today ? 

First of the box to box midfield players. Was supposed to take over from Bobby Charlton but didn't quite achieve that at International level.

Lots of players from the generation when I was growing up are now dying. Sad reality of life of course.

Bell was someone I remember quite well. Very solid midfielder who always seemed to be available to give or receive a pass. 

Use to go as a kid to watch Booth, Corrigan, Tuart, Lee one Pen and Nijinsky as Bell was nicknamed. A fantastic player.

Fantastic player, a great Man City side which was my team as a kid, until I saw the light!!!! 
Frannie Lee, Joe Corrigan, Tony Book, Summerbee etc, Colin Bell always seemed to be the gentlemen of the team, a bit like Martin Peters in my mind. RIP a great player 

16 minutes ago, Yellowfuture said:

Fantastic player, a great Man City side which was my team as a kid, until I saw the light!!!! 
Frannie Lee, Joe Corrigan, Tony Book, Summerbee etc, Colin Bell always seemed to be the gentlemen of the team, a bit like Martin Peters in my mind. RIP a great player 

Me too RIP Colin Bell

• Like 1

I'm sure he did some football coaching / games coaching at Pendleton College as I'm 99% sure I refereed one of his teams...

Either way, whilst he was a bit before my time, when you've got hardcore City fans saying he's the best of the lot, he's a heck of a player.

3 hours ago, C.I.D said:

Passed away after a short illness aged 74

A fine player with seemingly unlimited stamina ..............wonder what he'd be worth today ? 

not much given his age

I remember his name being part of a song "and does he smell, like Colin Bell"

always spoke of as a 'cultured' player, sad loss