cambridgeshire canary

Ralph Hasenhüttl falls to his knees in tears upon beating Liverpool

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

I have no issue with men (or anyone for that matter) showing emotions, but crying for a win in a one off game, really? It needs to be relative.

Guess it meant a lot to him? Emotions are not something you just switch on and off are they? Well you can, but you'd probably be an upright kind of person wouldn't you?

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

What is they always say after a game, we don't celebrate the highs, or get to down over the defeats, we put the game behind us and plan for the next.   

To be remembered  next time we lose !!!

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Guess it meant a lot to him? Emotions are not something you just switch on and off are they? Well you can, but you'd probably be an upright kind of person wouldn't you?

I guess it did, and not knowing (as someone else has said previously, we dont know what is going on in his personal life). 

Never said they can be turned off or on, or said that I could. For what its worth I involuntarily cry at lots of things, but never at being successful in my day to day job.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

To be remembered  next time we lose !!!

Every manager says it. Roy did after Palace's heavy defeat recently. Its a balance, thats all im saying. 

What happens if Southampton win a cup or something, and Hasenhuttl doesnt cry (which he doesnt have to of course) does that mean beating Liverpool meant more to him ? of course it doesn't but that is where the balance needs to be. 

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I guess it did, and not knowing (as someone else has said previously, we dont know what is going on in his personal life). 

Never said they can be turned off or on, or said that I could. For what its worth I involuntarily cry at lots of things, but never at being successful in my day to day job.

I don't think it was about success at his job but pride for his team. When your group of people do something amazing (beating the league leaders in his case) you feel pride, because in a way, it all reflects on you...on your behalf.

I think his reaction was based on sheer relief, huge internal stress and pride. A right ol' chemical mix Greavsy!

Edited by sonyc

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

I don't think it was about success at his job but pride for his team. When your group of people do something amazing (beating the league leaders in his case) you feel pride, because in a way, it all reflects on you...on your behalf.

I think his reaction was based on sheer relief, huge internal stress and pride. A right ol' chemical mix Greavsy!

So does that make Farke less emotional as he didnt (publicly) cry when we beat Man City last season? 

Him crying (albeit an involuntary reaction of course)  took the cameras / coverage away from his players.  

49 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Every manager says it. Roy did after Palace's heavy defeat recently. Its a balance, thats all im saying. 

What happens if Southampton win a cup or something, and Hasenhuttl doesnt cry (which he doesnt have to of course) does that mean beating Liverpool meant more to him ? of course it doesn't but that is where the balance needs to be. 

Wasnt disagreeing, if you can be bothered, you can check and see that I'm very calm about all 3 possible  outcomes if a game. It is after all inky a footy match  .

In Hasslehuttles  case I should imagine it was a combination of  pride, release of tension and sheer joy !!  The better he does the more likely he will be on the list of big German  clubs  😇

Edited by wcorkcanary

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

So does that make Farke less emotional as he didnt (publicly) cry when we beat Man City last season? 

Him crying (albeit an involuntary reaction of course)  took the cameras / coverage away from his players.  

Everyone is an individual though.

Aren't we? 

Thank goodness.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Wasnt disagreeing, if you can be bothered, you can check and see that I'm very calm about all 3 possible  outcomes if a game. It is after all inky a footy match  .

In Hasslehuttles  case I should imagine it was a combination of  pride, release of tension and sheer joy !!  The better he does  rge mielikely he will be on the list of big German  clubs  😇

Didnt say you disagreed - apologies if it came over that way. 

When im at a game, i reflect on the result, but agree, as you say its only a game. I dont let it consume my life. 

So whilst hes celebrating his teams victory, his personal stock has increased too! so as I previously said, make it about him and not the teams achievement. 

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Aren't we? 

Thank goodness.

Absolutely - although some are more sheep like than others!  

Edited by Greavsy

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Absolutely - although some are more sheep like than others!  

Well Hassenhuttl did spend a good minute with his head in the grass!😆

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Aren't we? 

Thank goodness.

My favourite bit in one of my favourite films:

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

My favourite bit in one of my favourite films:

😅😅😅 That is a great find! Very amusing and just a little ironic and sardonic too. Thanks for sharing NS as you've managed to reference my post and Greavsy's in one clip. Impressive (no reactions left)

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Anyone here called Brian?! 

Leave it Big Nose

Edit: I really, really hope you don't actually have a big nose.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 3

If sinking to the turf crying was a result of the match plus other events we aren't aware of, fair play.

If it was purely based on beating Liverpool 1-0 in league game it was incredibly cringeworthy and massively tinpot! And if I was in charge of a bigger club considering Hasenhuttl as a potential manager, that reaction would be giving me serious second thoughts on the guy.

All the best, Keith.

2 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

If sinking to the turf crying was a result of the match plus other events we aren't aware of, fair play.

If it was purely based on beating Liverpool 1-0 in league game it was incredibly cringeworthy and massively tinpot! And if I was in charge of a bigger club considering Hasenhuttl as a potential manager, that reaction would be giving me serious second thoughts on the guy.

All the best, Keith.

Yeah, if he's got more going on behind the scenes and that was just an outpouring follow emotional build up, I'll amend my opinion.

But in the mean time, I'll think that a grown man or woman reacting like that to 9th or 10th in the league beating 1st in the league is pathetic.

When Luton beat us, they were in the bottom half when we were top of the table. As Greavsy alluded to, us beating Man City was a bigger shock last year. If you win a big trophy or even if you get relegated, I wouldn't see anything odd about a coach, player or fan shedding a few tears or even collapsing to your knees and blubbing.

But beating a team only 8 or 9 places above you in the league, a team who had recently drew to Fulham and Midtjylland and been absolutely humped by Aston Villa, and doing it on your own turf, does not warrant a reaction like that.

If I was a fan of Southampton in the position they are in the league, playing at home against a Liverpool team who whilst top have shown plenty of vulnerability plenty of times this season, I would have been expecting to get something out of the game. So to react like that having got a win quite a few fans would have been realistically hoping for would have been troubling for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

All the best, Keith.

Good job you're not in charge of anything Keith, even if you were , your ridiculous  posts on here would render anything you said to those under you pointless , as they would already know what an idiot you are. All the best Wcork. 

2 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Yeah I was going to suggest that perhaps there are other contributing factors involved.

Agreed, if there are other factors involved it would make more sense. But, atm we don't know if there are and may never know.