Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Max Aarons

Max is 21 today and in some ways (to this old fart) it is fantastic to see what he has achieved already and such a tender age, and how lucky we are to have him here. That's all I have to say about that (said in a Forrest Gump tone)

• Like 1

Read on twitter he now has the Most apps for Norwich from a player under the age of 21. Think the Barnsley game put him 1 in front of Chris Sutton. Something like 105 apps.

Difficult to actually believe what he has achieved so far given his age. No doubt has an extremely bright future ahead of him.

So then, it's many Apps Returns to Max......

Anyway....Happy Birthday Max and here's hoping you have a long, rewarding, happy and successful career.....at club and international level.....

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

Difficult to actually believe what he has achieved so far given his age. No doubt has an extremely bright future ahead of him.

He'll go further than any player we've got / had last season, I'm sure of it.

Godfrey got a great top tier career ahead of him also, but just think it Max Aarons who could end up at a top top side... just like Kieran Trippier.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Godfrey got a great top tier career ahead of him also, but just think it Max Aarons who could end up at a top top side... just like Kieran Trippier.

It’s not just that, the way he plays absolutely suits the better top sides, who have top class centre halves and holding midfielders to cover your every move.

Incredible to think that he's only turning 21 today, as he has been around for years already. A lot of players don't even break into the first team until this age.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Completely agree; I've said it all along. 

He has the potential to be an England international too, but it's just a shame from his personal point of view that he's coming through a golden generation of English right backs with Alexander-Arnold, James, Wan-Bissaka and Lamptey all similar ages. 

Barcelona came calling and not a word of dissent to force a move. Nothing more needs to be said about his impeccable character. He must be an absolute joy to manage.

The fact he's continued to be arguably the best young right back despite a tough Premier League season and all the Barcelona fuzz, fair play to the lad. He's still got a lot of learning to do, but he's made that position his own

22 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Incredible to think that he's only turning 21 today, as he has been around for years already. A lot of players don't even break into the first team until this age.

Completely agree; I've said it all along. 

He has the potential to be an England international too, but it's just a shame from his personal point of view that he's coming through a golden generation of English right backs with Alexander-Arnold, James, Wan-Bissaka and Lamptey all similar ages. 

I personally think he'll have a better career than AWB who is a bit too limited going forward in the modern game. I wonder if his future involves a Kyle Walker like shift into a central defender when playing 3 at the back. 

29 minutes ago, king canary said:

I personally think he'll have a better career than AWB who is a bit too limited going forward in the modern game. I wonder if his future involves a Kyle Walker like shift into a central defender when playing 3 at the back. 

Not sure he's got the height for that. But for me, Aarons will be streets ahead of AWB. Trent Alexander-Arnold is the only who can stop him having a decent career in an England shirt. Max will get his big move that will put him straight on the England radar and he'll eventually be England's number 2 right back.

3 hours ago, king canary said:

To be honest, I've thought the same about Wan-Bissaka in the past. He's useful as a right back in a back four, but more suited to the right of a three rather than wing back if you're going with a back three.

However, Wan-Bissaka at the age of 23 has been a regular at Man Utd for two seasons now and is already approaching 100 Premier League games, as well as playing in both the Europa League and Champions League, so Aarons has some catching up to do if he is to overtake him.

But as I said before, it's not just Wan-Bissaka; there's Alexander-Arnold, James and Lamptey to compete with for the next decade as they're all highly-rated talents under the age of 23. So there are five top prospects for one position, unless one gets shifted to left back for the national side as there isn't much there besides Chilwell.