Jersey Canary

Cantwell win ratio?

19 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

I’d like to know what our win ratio is with and without Cantwell starting in the Championship and I bet it’s not that impressive.

Cantwell needs to play in Stiepermanns position longer term but he’s not effective on the left. 

To answer your question on Cantwell in the OP.

Games started: 12

Won: 8

Drawn: 3 

Lost: 1 

Win ratio: 67%

Win or draw ratio: 92%

Games not in starting team: 11

Won: 6

Drawn: 2 

Lost: 3 

Win ratio: 55%

Win or draw ratio: 73%

So looks like the results show the exact opposite of what you wanted them too!

But I think we all recognise how much stronger we look in attack with Buendia / Cantwell / Pukki all interlinking and on the same wavelength... Well at least most of us do anyway 😆

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/todd-cantwell/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/332341/saison/2020/wettbewerb/GB2/verein/1123

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

I’d like to know what our win ratio is with and without Cantwell starting in the Championship and I bet it’s not that impressive.

Cantwell needs to play in Stiepermanns position longer term but he’s not effective on the left. 

Cantwell hasn't reached top gear yet, and I hope he does but he may not.

But Dowell has hardly pulled up trees has he, and that's who I'd guess he's in competition with. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

6 hours ago, NFN FC said:

But but but I don't like his dog! 

Just checked his IG account, no pictures of dogs on there. What breed is it? This could be make or break for me.

🐶🐶🐶

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

I mean his finishing was poor but his overall gameplay was excellent. 

He makes the runs, movements and decisions that give him those opportunities in the first place.

But gives the ball away or gets caught with the ball too much too

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pliff said:

But gives the ball away or gets caught with the ball too much too

He doesn't give the ball away too much.

This season hes given the ball away less than

Vrancic

Mclean

Buendia

Placheta

Stiepermann 

Sorensen

And a load more others. Look up the stats its there for all to see. My suggestion would be to stop seeing what you want to see 🙃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Just checked his IG account, no pictures of dogs on there. What breed is it? This could be make or break for me.

🐶🐶🐶

It's a bull terrier I believe. It's been in his story on IG... Looks like a big rat to me! 

Look...

We lose everytime he plays. He endlessly wastes possession and gives the ball away. He's weak in the tackle, doesn't run about after he wastes the ball and he writes his own stats.

20 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

If the stats show that we win more points when we've played a quick winger on the left improving the balance of the team, then once one of the wingers is back from injury Cantwell can be moved inside.

Has anyone got a video recording of Cantwell playing himself out of trouble when surrounded by about 3 or 4 players in Saturdays game against Barnsley ?

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

He doesn't give the ball away too much.

This season hes given the ball away less than

Vrancic

Mclean

Buendia

Placheta

Stiepermann 

Sorensen

And a load more others. Look up the stats its there for all to see. My suggestion would be to stop seeing what you want to see 🙃

There’s giving the ball away and giving the ball away. The amount of trouble Cantwell’s misplaced passes cause our back line is unreal. 

1 minute ago, Jersey Canary said:

There’s giving the ball away and giving the ball away. The amount of trouble Cantwell’s misplaced passes cause our back line is unreal. 

‘Unreal’ as in it isn’t true? 

• Like 4

‘I bet our win ratio is worse with Cantwell in it’

*Shows stats which show win ratio significantly better with Cantwell in the team*

‘But he gives the ball away too much’

*Shows stats which show he doesn’t give the ball away more than our other midfielders*

‘But he gives it away... differently’...

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Are you making things up?

I saw people say he had a bad game and we should have scored more but I think his chances weren't as easy as people seem to think. He had a cracking game, more disappointing those chances just about got away from him for me. He absolutely turned their midfield 2 or 3 times and put in a shift.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

You don't half chat some ****

1 hour ago, Downloads said:

You don't half chat some ****

Let’s see Cantwell pass the ball quicker and not dribble round 3 players down a blind alley, play one two’s with Pukki etc around the box, get his shooting boots on and watch us fly.  That’s all I’m saying. He has lots more to give and has the ability and he is the key to us pasting teams going forward.

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Look...

We lose everytime he plays. He endlessly wastes possession and gives the ball away. He's weak in the tackle, doesn't run about after he wastes the ball and he writes his own stats.

You missed he wears gloves sometimes and has long hair.

Cantwell and Buendia are our 2 most skilful players and try to beat players, thereby creating space for others. There is risk attached if they lose the ball, but more often than they succeed. We are very lucky to have such talent in the team, and I so enjoy their creativity. It will be a sad day when Cantwell or Buendia leave, and we will be poorer for it. 

12 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Has anyone got a video recording of Cantwell playing himself out of trouble when surrounded by about 3 or 4 players in Saturdays game against Barnsley ?

Yeah Good Call....I thought it was brill when he did that....silky skills and wouldn't mind seeing it again.....

13 hours ago, NFN FC said:

It's a bull terrier I believe. It's been in his story on IG... Looks like a big rat to me! 

Shame not a Norfolk terrier. Could be worse I suppose, could be a rotvilepoo or something

Oh and Cantwell’s an excellent player who’s doing well . I reckon will be  fully up to speed and on his A game soon 

1 hour ago, GenerationA47 said:

Shame not a Norfolk terrier. Could be worse I suppose, could be a rotvilepoo or something

Oh and Cantwell’s an excellent player who’s doing well . I reckon will be  fully up to speed and on his A game soon 

Yep, good lad. He's doing good things on the pitch

20 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

I’m not saying he’s not going to be an excellent player but he reminds me to a certain degree (not in style of play but the affect on the team) of Snoddy. Great player but constantly slowed the team by too much dribbling and ponderous play.  If he. An be more one touch and a bit more clinical then we could have one hell of a player on our hands but at present I feel he gives the ball away far too much and puts his foot on the ball too much and his finishing is poor.

Todd is prone to slowing down the game sometimes, but not always, but is anyway far less predictable than Snoddy, making him potentially way more effective. 

Some of the things he does makes him unplayable at times and the fact he didn't get his shot away when running through on goal was partly because he was intent on getting the ball on his right foot.  His fluffed shot from Pukki's pass was also because he wanted to use his right foot when using his left foot should have been the natural finish.  I'm sure he can shoot with his left foot, but could do with being a bit more confident at using it. We know he can finish, so that isn't the issue and I don't think he is poor at that - as always it's about choices and as he progresses he will more and more make the right decisions.

Starting to become a top influence on the pitch - but he has a way to go to become the player he could be.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

You missed he wears gloves sometimes and has long hair.

Well whatever....

He need to go out on loon to Rovvrum.

🙃

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Well whatever....

He need to go out on loon to Rovvrum.

🙃

That would definitely toughen him up, no gloves , scarves or even coats up north. He would probably be made to play for the skins team when training. 

I think the team does lack a bit of threat in behind when both Todd and Emi play in those wide positions, Emi has done very well in this area so far this year, but not something that comes naturally to him. It also doesn't help that Sorensen isn't too comfortable charging down the left wing every time we go forward. I would like to see Todd given a go in behind the striker when Onel/Placheta return, it seems like that should be his eventual position anyway.

19 hours ago, NFN FC said:

Ugly but kind of cute too-as most puppies are. At least it’s not one of those ridiculous French bulldog things.