Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Carrow

Nick Powell

Impressing in the first half against Bournemouth so had a look at his stats. Plenty of goals for Wigan and about one in 4.5 for Stoke playing AM. Over 6ft, technically good all round, 26 and apparently out of contract next year. Given Steipi and Vrancic will be going with plenty of praise and thanks if we go up would this be an upgrade at number 10?

Edited by Mr.Carrow

30 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Impressing in the first half against Bournemouth so had a look at his stats. Plenty of goals for Wigan and about one in 4.5 for Stoke playing AM. Over 6ft, technically good all round, 26 and apparently out of contract next year. Given Steipi and Vrancic will be going with plenty of praise and thanks if we go up would this be an upgrade at number 10?

I'd take him here if we were staying in the Champs.

Not what we need if we want to go up and stay there.

Not for me, never lived up to the hype of his younger days. Wouldn't improve the squad imo, let alone the starting XI

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not for me, never lived up to the hype of his younger days. Wouldn't improve the squad imo, let alone the starting XI

Given that in the summer we will probably be down to one number 10 (the young and seemingly rather lightweight Dowell), that's certainly an interesting perspective....

At 26 Powell is coming into his best years, pretty experienced at a high level and adds badly needed height and physicality. But hey, opinions 😉

2 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

Are you having a laugh Mr carrow, hes absolute sh..te! And that's being kind hes worse than Drrrmic!

Good to see a balanced appraisal of a players abilities. No wonder the Scouting dept hangs on your every word.

Edited by wcorkcanary