Jersey Canary

Player to sign in January on loan

One player I think we could sign on loan who’ll make a huge difference to our team and I think would be available is Jack Clarke from Spurs. Lightning quick, creative and probably looking for some game time. 

We can play him in the right instead of Emi, play Emi behind the striker and Shemi on the left. That would be a dangerous forward line along with Pukki. We’ll bag a few goals in the break with them in the team.

59 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

One player I think we could sign on loan who’ll make a huge difference to our team and I think would be available is Jack Clarke from Spurs. Lightning quick, creative and probably looking for some game time. 

We can play him in the right instead of Emi, play Emi behind the striker and Shemi on the left. That would be a dangerous forward line along with Pukki. We’ll bag a few goals in the break with them in the team.

In the vast majority of home games and a lot of the away games the opposition set up to park the bus - so opportunities to hit them on the break are very limited. We've already got the pace of Placheta as you say and have also got Onel and Idah to come back to add pace up front. 

3 minutes ago, repman said:

Would Dennis Man get a work permit under the new brexit rules?

He will if he learns plumbing on his days off 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Should Emi depart (and even if he doesn't!), Dennis Man would be a pretty iconic signing.

Would represent a huge statement of intent...

Sadly when it comes to signing players we don’t really do statements of intent......at least not in the way you mean 🙁

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

42 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Sadly when it comes to signing players we don’t really do statements of intent......at least not in the way you mean 🙁

van Wolfswinkel and Naismith were quite the statement...

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

He will if he learns plumbing on his days off 

Super Mario can teach him..

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He could sort out my boiler. Sign him

And mine. No hot water or central heating since New Year’s eve. 🥶

• Sad 2

Another option just for 4/5 months would be Daniel James off United. I appreciate he gets paid quite a bit but if you work out the cost over 5 months it might only be a couple of £m. A bit like Huckerby, paid to much compared to the rest of the squad but a virtual promotion guarantee. 

1 hour ago, kirku said:

van Wolfswinkel and Naismith were quite the statement...

Wolfie was, yeah. Naismith was a plan D panic buy after we missed out on more expensive targets.

If we went down that route then I'd throw my hat in the ring for Demari Gray.

I suspect a keeper might be on the list so maybe Jed Steer as long as no bridges were burned when he left first time around?

Knows the area, so could be a nice covid move for him to potentially have some family/friends nearby, got experience in a championship promotion fight and looks like 3rd choice at Villa so would be obtainable.

Also, when we get into Europe next season, he'd count as one of the home grown players 😉

2 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

Another option just for 4/5 months would be Daniel James off United. I appreciate he gets paid quite a bit but if you work out the cost over 5 months it might only be a couple of £m. A bit like Huckerby, paid to much compared to the rest of the squad but a virtual promotion guarantee. 

No.

2 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

There is more chance of seeing  me playing for City this year than that cheating little Welsh tool . 

• Haha 1