Sign in to follow this  
horsefly

Today's Ref

Given the awful refereeing performances of late, how about some appreciation for today's ref. I thought he had a very good game, and was almost anonymous (as it should be). Can't remember him giving a decision I didn't agree with. 

• Like 10

Did well, but no idea how the Barnsley players didn't pick up more yellows. Extremely lenient with regards to some of their challenged in the first half.

The officials against QPR were awful, but today’s were much better. Ref maybe a soft on players for not putting many in the book, lino not slow to raise the flag and I have to say I think that the offsides given against us were correct.

He was lenient, but lenient to both sides. 

There were no real big decisions to make but ag least the linesman didn't require a zimmerframe and a pack of Wethers Originals to run the line today. The key offside calls looked offside.

I thought he was excellent. The assistants each gave very marginal calls to Barnsley in the first half which could have been significant but ultimately didn't matter. Infinitely better than the previous game but it was probably helped by the fact that none of our players were fouled in the box today.

18 hours ago, horsefly said:

Given the awful refereeing performances of late, how about some appreciation for today's ref. I thought he had a very good game, and was almost anonymous (as it should be). Can't remember him giving a decision I didn't agree with. 

Decent ref, Buendia was clattered by the keeper in the box, that could have been given. But he had a good game and it’s a tough one to call, especially as the player didn’t make a meal of it.