Jump to content
Thirsty Lizard

The Kenny McLean Appreciation Society

Recommended Posts

What an absolutely superb pass for Buendia's goal today - great vision to see it in the first place and perfect execution of a very difficult pass to get right.  Has been good since he came back into the team - lots of dynamism and generally good on the ball. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time a ball was caressed into place so well, Scarlett Johansson was involved in a dream somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played really well the last couple of games, works hard and gives us balance. Noticed how he covered for Sorenson a few times today aswell. Gives 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He got the MOM on Twitter poll last match too. I am going to dig up the anti-Kenny thread from a few weeks ago to say "I told you so".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than Emi, I'd say he's got the best first touch in the squad. Massively underrated, versatile and tenacious player. If we do go up, I think he's definitely worth keeping for another crack at the PL, if only as a squad player.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kenny's interview has just been on Radical Snorefolk and Kenny's an intelligent and eloquently spoken young man......

He would definitely make a superb Mayor of our Fine City.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

What an absolutely superb pass for Buendia's goal today - great vision to see it in the first place and perfect execution of a very difficult pass to get right.  Has been good since he came back into the team - lots of dynamism and generally good on the ball. 

He was aiming for Pukki - watch the highlights!  If it wasn't for the magnificent Buendia the pass forward would have been a waste.  Long live Buendia, drop Kenny as soon as Rupp is fit again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

He was aiming for Pukki - watch the highlights!  If it wasn't for the magnificent Buendia the pass forward would have been a waste.  Long live Buendia, drop Kenny as soon as Rupp is fit again.

You're playing a dangerous game - someone will think you're being serious. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

You're playing a dangerous game - someone will think you're being serious. 🙂 

I am being serious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Kenny's interview has just been on Radical Snorefolk and Kenny's an intelligent and eloquently spoken young man......

He would definitely make a superb Mayor of our Fine City.....

Pugh,Pugh,Barney McGrew,Cuthbert,Dibble and Grubb and friends- all here !

'that's your drinks bill for Xmas, and this one's for the New Year'

Edited by Bill
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Kenny would flog his chain mail on ebay to cover his booze bill.....Bill.....

chain mail ?

Chain Mail Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow one pass and we’re all supposed to appreciate a lazy arsed player who is so over rated it’s laughable.....it wasn’t a great pass Buendia made it look good.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

😂😂 Not really today he certainly was our best player behind a possessed Buendia who was just brilliant.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always bash him but last match and this one he was fantastic.

Good form, no way should he be dropped 

And The goal Vs QPR, I must say, I think we all know Kenny wouldn't back out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kenny for some reason is hated. 2nd best player on the park today after Emi.  Class and should he go somewhere I think he will be missed. Rather have him in my team than Vrancic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

 

And The goal Vs QPR, I must say, I think we all know Kenny wouldn't back out!

Hmm. He isn't always the strongest tackler.

 

Good player though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will happily see McLean show his worth at the moment, he has stepped up and after some showings where he is out of position or poor in possession, he is looking better.

Rupp was looking good with Skipp and so a nice one for farke to watch, I would have no problem if rupp is looking better in training to be reintroduce as no position is safe. You have to perform in training and on game day.

I quite like rupp showing us a bit of what he can do and hope he can up his game to make McLean up his game.

But for those who think McLean is a starter in the premier league if we go up. I highly doubt that, we would need an improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Indy said:

Wow one pass and we’re all supposed to appreciate a lazy arsed player who is so over rated it’s laughable.....it wasn’t a great pass Buendia made it look good.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

😂😂 Not really today he certainly was our best player behind a possessed Buendia who was just brilliant.

You know the Pink Un rules. If there’s no winky emoji, we must take you seriously.

 

24 minutes ago, smooth said:

I will happily see McLean show his worth at the moment, he has stepped up and after some showings where he is out of position or poor in possession, he is looking better.

Rupp was looking good with Skipp and so a nice one for farke to watch, I would have no problem if rupp is looking better in training to be reintroduce as no position is safe. You have to perform in training and on game day.

I quite like rupp showing us a bit of what he can do and hope he can up his game to make McLean up his game.

But for those who think McLean is a starter in the premier league if we go up. I highly doubt that, we would need an improvement.

I did have a quick look a while ago, but I couldn’t find player stats from last season, and I certainly can’t be arsed to look now, but Kenny was our second most effective player last season after Emi on many key stats. There’s a reason that Farke kept picking him and he’s back in the side now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was my MOM for 2nd game running and I’m not Kenny’s biggest fan!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

He was aiming for Pukki - watch the highlights!  If it wasn't for the magnificent Buendia the pass forward would have been a waste.  Long live Buendia, drop Kenny as soon as Rupp is fit again.

You also claimed he closed his eyes and had no idea where he was passing in the match thread earlier.

Its unhealthy to dislike someone as much as you make out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a real shame actually that some fans who have these weird vendettas against our own players can't put their hands up and acknowledge when a player has a good game.

You don't even have to admit you're wrong if that's such a big deal to you, but accepting a player had a good game shouldn't be so difficult.

I note this thread is missing several of his biggest critics who have been posting around on other threads. Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm one of his biggest critics, I don't rate the guy at all, but he did have a good game today, and that was a great pass for Buendia.

I'd still rather have Rupp or Tettey over him, but credit where credit is due today.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

I'm one of his biggest critics, I don't rate the guy at all, but he did have a good game today, and that was a great pass for Buendia.

I'd still rather have Rupp or Tettey over him, but credit where credit is due today.

Rupp may find it hard to get back in at the moment. McLean and Skipp look quite solid. Unless he fills the number 10 role which I'm not sure he is suited for. Dowell might take that mantle.

Good to have all these options.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Rupp may find it hard to get back in at the moment. McLean and Skipp look quite solid. Unless he fills the number 10 role which I'm not sure he is suited for. Dowell might take that mantle.

Good to have all these options.

Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hogesar said:

You also claimed he closed his eyes and had no idea where he was passing in the match thread earlier.

Its unhealthy to dislike someone as much as you make out.

Football is all about opinions.  I don't dislike Kenny, I just believe we would play better if he wasn't in the team, no matter how well he himself plays.  The team in my view just looks set up better say if Rupp is alongside Skipp.  We may well have had that 4 or 5-0 win Farke discussed after the match.  But I'm not the manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...