Thirsty Lizard

The Kenny McLean Appreciation Society

19 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Football is all about opinions.  I don't dislike Kenny, I just believe we would play better if he wasn't in the team, no matter how well he himself plays.  The team in my view just looks set up better say if Rupp is alongside Skipp.  We may well have had that 4 or 5-0 win Farke discussed after the match.  But I'm not the manager.

I'm not sure, but I doubt Kenny was trying to put off Cantwell, Pukki and Sorensen from finishing by yelling random Scottish jokes at them when they were about to shoot, so no idea how you draw that conclusion.

7 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

What an absolutely superb pass for Buendia's goal today - great vision to see it in the first place and perfect execution of a very difficult pass to get right.  Has been good since he came back into the team - lots of dynamism and generally good on the ball. 

It’s about time he created or scored. Over rated in my view. I’d have Sorensen play in Kenny’s place all day long once we have a fit LB.

Just now, Jersey Canary said:

It’s about time he created or scored. Over rated in my view. I’d have Sorensen play in Kenny’s place all day long once we have a fit LB.

To be fair I’d have thought Sorensen has created and scored the same as Kenny and he’s plying left back in not his favoured position! 

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Its a real shame actually that some fans who have these weird vendettas against our own players can't put their hands up and acknowledge when a player has a good game.

You don't even have to admit you're wrong if that's such a big deal to you, but accepting a player had a good game shouldn't be so difficult.

I note this thread is missing several of his biggest critics who have been posting around on other threads. Sad.

The purest are always going to prefer a more technically gifted player than McLean at CM. But saying people hate McLean is going overboard !

If he continued to output performances like in the last two games on a consistent basis  & provide passes like the one that setup Buendia today he'd gradually turn those critics around .

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Football is all about opinions.  I don't dislike Kenny, I just believe we would play better if he wasn't in the team, no matter how well he himself plays. 

I mean if that isn’t disliking him I don’t know what is....

Six pack, how naive of you to think that he will change most people's opinions if he continues to perform as he did yesterday!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Six Pack said:

The purest are always going to prefer a more technically gifted player than McLean at CM. But saying people hate McLean is going overboard !

If he continued to output performances like in the last two games on a consistent basis  & provide passes like the one that setup Buendia today he'd gradually turn those critics around .

I'm sorry but if you look at the match thread and on here there are posters who are claiming Mclean didnt even mean the pass, had hisneyes closed and we would have scored four or five if he wasn't playing.

The reality is some fans make their minds up early and are incapable of watching a match and taking a performance at face value.

8 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

You’d have to find a new scapegoat 😉

Criticised when playing poorly and not imposing himself on games at the start of the season.

Praised when he is playing well and making his mark on games.

Exactly how it should be. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Criticised when playing poorly and not imposing himself on games at the start of the season.

Exactly, if he continues in this form then that is really impressive. 

I do think Rupp has pushed him to be better and again that is a great tussle for the starting berth for the remainder of this season. 

But as with all players you have to perform each week to rightly be in the first 11 and the teams performance also has to be good.

So it is a good position to be in, but we certainly have options this year in that area and certainly if we go up we will increase the quality in this area as we know the level up is extremely high

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Correct, although it's not the case for some.

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I could not agree more , deserved criticism earlier in the season but has been very good lately .😁