cambridgeshire canary

And so Sheffield United continue the worst run in the top flight since 1888

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You can already get 10/1 for Sheffield to stay up if you fancy it!

Same price as Swansea are to win the Champs - not that outrageous is it? I might well have a tenner on it.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You can already get 10/1 for Sheffield to stay up if you fancy it!

Bigger price for Leeds to go down Hoggy😉

You can add three more games to their EPL winless streak as they lost the last three last year too.

What is concerning is how difficult it is to survive in the Premiership nowadays, we got buried last year and if we do go up we're likely to be installed as favourites to go back down. 

Even big spending Villa only just survived last season and Leeds, another supposedly big Club have had to spend big to keep above the red line, with no guarantee that will see them safe next year.

Being a yo yo Club is our place, atm, it's going to be tough getting beyond that, we're going to need good management just to prevent things going the other way and ending up like that lot down the road. 

Sheff Utd really struggled after the re-start last season and spent poorly in the summer so it's not really a surprise they're at the bottom, similarly W Brom who only just scraped promotion didn't improve their squad and are now getting hammered regularly. I think those two are certainties for the drop along with either Fulham, Burnley or Brighton.

They are 1/12 to be relegated.

What an easy way to win a grand?

As long as you have £12, 000 to spare, that is.

Hmm, better than a fixed rate bond these days.

8 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Bigger price for Leeds to go down Hoggy😉

I had a flutter when you told me the price last time. I'm not falling for it again!

9 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Still think it's too early to call. The bottom 6 are all pretty bad this year in terms of points accumulated. It looks like 30 points could be enough to stay up.

Yes that might be the case, but for them to hit 30 points they need 7 wins, 7 draws and 7 losses, that’s a huge ask, that might still not be enough.

11 hours ago, Surfer said:

You can add three more games to their EPL winless streak as they lost the last three last year too.

They were so poor after lockdown, seemed to have lost a lot of energy

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

They are 1/12 to be relegated.

What an easy way to win a grand?

As long as you have £12, 000 to spare, that is.

Hmm, better than a fixed rate bond these days.

That's the trouble with this gambling lark. Sheff Utd are as nailed-on to go down as it's possible to be without being mathematically down already but it would take a brave person to lay out a five figure sum on something that might not happen.

That said it's a tasty 8.5% tax free return against the pitiful guaranteed rates available elsewhere.

PS. Just checked the Bill Hill site and they've shaved the price to a miserly 1/25 which coincidentally is the same price they're offering on us to finish outside the top six. I wonder which is the safest bet ?

I think I'll leave my 12 grand where it is. 🙂

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Do we really need an update on Sheffield United every single week? Its getting a bit weird now.

This is an unprecedented situation, a team winless going into the new year with only 2 points. Add to that it’s a team we’ve had a little rivalry with over the last few seasons and is simply another enjoyable distraction from the increasingly gloomy situation escalating in the world.

I enjoy opinion about anything football (and numerous other topics too) and as this is one of the few forums I’m a member of, want it to continue to discuss as wider range of topics as possible. 

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

This is an unprecedented situation, a team winless going into the new year with only 2 points. Add to that it’s a team we’ve had a little rivalry with over the last few seasons and is simply another enjoyable distraction from the increasingly gloomy situation escalating in the world.

I enjoy opinion about anything football (and numerous other topics too) and as this is one of the few forums I’m a member of, want it to continue to discuss as wider range of topics as possible. 

I'm not saying dont discuss it but a quick search shows we've had three separate threads started about them in the last month. Do we really need a new one everytime? 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I'm not saying dont discuss it but a quick search shows we've had three separate threads started about them in the last month. Do we really need a new one everytime? 

Fair enough, I agree one thread should suffice!

Funny situation. Would be amusing to see a team go a season without winning

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, king canary said:

Do we really need an update on Sheffield United every single week? Its getting a bit weird now.

Them coming up with a chant that they still sing to this day (Although not much recently.. 😉) about us/based on us is also pretty weird

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Them coming up with a chant that they still sing to this day (Although not much recently.. 😉) about us/based on us is also pretty weird

What chant is that? Take your time Sheffield United?

There recruitment has been terrible. Was always going to be tough to replace Henderson in goal but that Ramsdale for £18m is a terrible bit of business, gimme Krul over him anyway. 

I'm.sure Brewster regrets that move, would've been better staying al Liverpool and getting another year out on loan.

Ampadu needed game time in the championship, not good enough on the ball in midfield, not strong enough to play CB.

Seeing players like Mcgoldrick, sharp, mcburnie, basham at premier league level is painfull.

44 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

What chant is that? Take your time Sheffield United?

And all beacause we passed it around while in the lead once. That's a crime it seems, doing so is something no other team in the entire world has ever done.

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Who cares about Sheffield Utd or Leeds ffs....

Is that new for this season Kenny?

ffs😂

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And all beacause we passed it around while in the lead once. That's a crime it seems, doing so is something no other team in the entire world has ever done.

I'm not sure, but does it not now refer to them getting into double figures this season?

17 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yet only 6 months ago people were desperate for us to be them!

2020....if only we were Sheff Utd 😢

2021....thank God,we're not Sheff Utd 😌

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, king canary said:

100% agree King. 

Why the gloating? It can't just be because of the reasons mentioned on here. Is it really simple jealousy? They stayed up, we didn't? We tried it our way and it didn't work - we need to own that sh1t. We go again.

Good luck to them I say (although clearly they are fecked). Similar sized club to us; I like to see clubs like that do well. Much rather an Arsenal or Liverpool go down than one of our ilk...little hope of that I know.

OTBC

4 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

100% agree King. 

Why the gloating? It can't just be because of the reasons mentioned on here. Is it really simple jealousy? They stayed up, we didn't? We tried it our way and it didn't work - we need to own that sh1t. We go again.

Good luck to them I say (although clearly they are fecked). Similar sized club to us; I like to see clubs like that do well. Much rather an Arsenal or Liverpool go down than one of our ilk...little hope of that I know.

OTBC

I imagine the main reasons is half the posters on here pinned them as the club we should have been last season. Their board was ambitious, ours was rubbish etc.

That and they're on course to beat all records of a Premier league low total, its quite a talking point.

13 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

100% agree King. 

OTBC

100% disagree Disco. But I can only talk for me.

I keep nudging @BillySharpsCircus because he signed on here and made daft comments. Still don't understand why people do that, they must know these things are very temporary. Just like loads who wanted to be Sheff Utd, Watford, Huddersfield, Stoke, QPR and even the binners. Do you understand them?

I certainly hold no grudge over Sheffield Utd. In fact I feel a bit for Wilder and most of their fans including decent ones who posted on here.

Anyway, that's the reasons. Certainly not jealousy. I have never coveted other teams.

Happy New Year 🙃

Edited by nutty nigel