Sign in to follow this  
Pugin

Blanket lockdown of EFL football- 100% testing on Monday

Feels that this week is probably one week too late, but 100% EFL testing scheduled for Monday will signal a 2 or 3 month moratorium.

I hate to think it, let alone write it, but would it take the death of a player to convince everyone that we are playing with fire 😞

• Like 1

Not heard anything, but if the efl decides to do what they’ve been doing in PL it wouldn’t be a bad idea...though tbh still few games postponed due to the virus, far more weather-related ones today.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Many clubs are performing regular testing in house, however during w/c 4th January all clubs will have tests performed on behalf of the EFL from what I understand. 

For the likes of NCFC who I believe test weekly and have good practices I wouldn't expect it to flag many cases, however a number of clubs, especially those in the lower leagues, only follow the standard government guidelines and have those showing symptoms tested, so could pick up many asymptomatic cases. 

• Like 1

We have a vaccine, why on earth can't we vaccinate all the players and coaching staff in the top four divisions? Say 50 staff x 100 clubs = 5,000 vaccine doses. Yes it's "jumping the cue" but football is more than just a money making proposition, it helps many of us get through these troubles. 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Surfer said:

We have a vaccine, why on earth can't we vaccinate all the players and coaching staff in the top four divisions? Say 50 staff x 100 clubs = 5,000 vaccine doses. Yes it's "jumping the cue" but football is more than just a money making proposition, it helps many of us get through these troubles. 

I think when healthcare staff and teachers can't get vaccinated it wouldn't exactly look good if footballers could rock up and get a jab...

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I don't think the government would get away with putting millionaire footballers before old folk and key workers. I tend to agree with you though- what price do you put on mental health and people having a nice sporting distraction in these stressful times?

4 hours ago, Pugin said:

Feels that this week is probably one week too late, but 100% EFL testing scheduled for Monday will signal a 2 or 3 month moratorium.

I hate to think it, let alone write it, but would it take the death of a player to convince everyone that we are playing with 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1

I think people need to realise that Pugin isn’t English and parts of his posts can get a bit lost in translation, he’s probably read something local to him that probably contains a lot of guesswork rather than fact.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I think people need to realise that Pugin isn’t English and parts of his posts can get a bit lost in translation, he’s probably read something local to him that probably contains a lot of guesswork rather than fact.

Is he not English? His English is better than most people on here, if he's speaking a second language then he's doing pretty well! 😉

13 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Has much better language and vocabulary than Waveney!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Has much better language and vocabulary than Waveney!

So does an egg.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Is he not English? His English is better than most people on here, if he's speaking a second language then he's doing pretty well! 😉

If footballers were authorised by the government to receive the vaccine their would be a revolt with over 70’s taking to the streets in protest.

Off topic  when is Leeds Manager Marcelo Bielsa going to attempt to master English 

7 minutes ago, daly said:

If footballers were authorised by the government to receive the vaccine their would be a revolt with over 70’s taking to the streets in protest.

Off topic  when is Leeds Manager Marcelo Bielsa going to attempt to master English 

Wouldn't that put them at risk of catching it? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, daly said:

When are you? 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, daly said:

??????   NFN.  ?????

... When are you going to attempt to master English? 

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

We have a vaccine, why on earth can't we vaccinate all the players and coaching staff in the top four divisions? Say 50 staff x 100 clubs = 5,000 vaccine doses. Yes it's " jumping the cue “ but football is more than just a money making proposition, it helps many of us get through these years 

Not sure snooker players deserve special treatment though 😉

• Haha 1

🙂 Come to think of it, there are even fewer of them, add in darts, curling,  ski jumping, there must be a lot of sports that could be given an effective “all clear” to entertain the nation.