Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Drmic - I was blamed for relegation

Goals in him....perhaps to get one of his songs into the top 40 (in a European chart). But that might be all.

Well, he did miss a sitter against Southampton in the first game after the restart and who knows what would have happened if that had gone in.

• Like 1

Just because a player isnt deemed good enough to mount a promotion push, doesnt mean they shouldn't be handled in a professional manner. Being told not to contact any of the first team squad is excessive. 

This all as backlash to the last 10 games of the season where no norwich player (other than, arguably, Tim Krul) can argue they gave a good account of themselves.

I back Farke and Stuart, but in this respect I am very disappointed. 

• Like 1

This is all in Drmic's opinion though so who really knows what actually happened. 

Cutting him off from the first team would be a good idea if he was bringing a negative attitude but then they wouldn't have let him train with the kids. Strange one. 

The only thing I am certain of is that I am happy he's not around this season. 

If his comments about being made to change in a hut, often alone, and being barred from any game time since September are true then it reflects very badly on Weber and Farke. This doesn’t seem to be Farke’s style if Drimic hasn’t had an Oliveira style strop. It seems absurd to make Drimic the scapegoat for relegation so I doubt that that is a reason behind his sidelining.

Its obvious that he's just on a big wedge and the club wants to try and encourage him to agree to leave mutually to get him off the wage bill early. 

Its just business. 

He's right, we want him off the payroll. 

He now has to choose between 18 more months of being paid to not be a footballer, or taking a small pay off and going to play somewhere for less money.

Ball is in his court.

He'll probably choose the money though, as he allegedly owes an agent a few hundred grand.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

One player doesnt make a team. I'm sure he feels the blame and got tired of the fanbase moaning, but him saying that he is the reason for relegation is just a want for attention. Feel sorry for me type of **** and no one has time for that.

2 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

If his comments about being made to change in a hut, often alone, and being barred from any game time since September are true then it reflects very badly on Weber and Farke. This doesn’t seem to be Farke’s style if Drimic hasn’t had an Oliveira style strop. It seems absurd to make Drimic the scapegoat for relegation so I doubt that that is a reason behind his sidelining.

Well he said cabin rather than hut. 

Perhaps it was a luxury cabin. 

He's Swiss isn't he? Surely loads of cabins in Switzerland? 

I feel that we may need to see this cabin before rushing to judgement. 

It does sound like he has been treated badly and that Farke and Webber have a nasty streak... But there are two sides to every story and perhaps the reason for being instructed not to contact colleagues is because he was considered negative or toxic and fear that it was rubbing off? 

Honestly, how many players are treated by clubs is horrendous and would be tantamount to constructive dismissal in any other profession.

On the other hand, huge numbers of players behave in ways which would get you fired in any other job. 

It really cuts both ways.

If he was so incensed by it all why didn't he pipe up sooner? It's a plea to clubs to come and get him this window that's all, telling everyone what a model pro he is. He may have goals in him but not at this level that's for sure

I think Teemu is spot on. Drmic didn't really do the 'Jordan Rhodes' role for us last season and we felt we could recruit better for this season. He must be on good money and the club wants to get rid. The part about not contacting team-mates is simply about the club wanting to avoid him spreading negativity. With the cash these players are on, it's a cut throat business. If Drmic really wanted out there would be a deal to be done but of course he's holding out for his weekly wage and/or a sizeable pay off so it cuts both ways. I wouldn't feel too sorry for him or dig out NCFC's conduct - it's simply a case of both sides protecting their respective interests. 

30 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

He’s a Swiss international player so cannot be completely inept.

Don't you mean he was a Swiss International player

I think it’s very hard to blame one player for relegation, and considering Drmic didn’t play much I don’t think you could blame him. I think the main reason for relegation was down to all the injuries, and the clubs inability to spend much on new signings. Drmic was brought in as backup for Pukki last season but didn’t cut it.

Drmic is currently the highest paid player at the club and as he’s not regarded as good enough for that salary. Although he might be able to do better this season our objective is to go straight back up and as he clearly couldn’t cut it in the PL, they want him off the wage list ASAP 

Don’t know how I feel about that article. Can’t just dismiss his side of the story because you don’t rate or like the player.

Kind of sounds like a Stuart Webber thing to do. We know he’s hardline and no nonsense, and if his policy was to ensure that life is made as reasonably difficult as possible for an outcast in order to force them off the wage bill, then I wouldn’t be surprised. He won’t want to pay off contracts etc. He’ll make them jump to ensure we don’t have to, by whatever means possible within reason, of that I’m sure.

They were fearing that Drmic would influence Todd to move into kicking off a rap career and embarrassing his club

Probably get a wage hike as part of his contract if we do go up and he's still here... which I'm sure everyone would like to avoid, as it wouldn't be deserved in any way shape or form.  Would rather we went back in for present day Cottee...