lappinitup

*****Unofficial Match Thread v Barnsley*****

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Stoke first half also?

Stoke first half and Bristol City away are probbaly the only times we've really hit top gear. 

Perhaps we're just a better side away from home? Makes sense, as we're afforded more space to counter.

4 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

He could look like the Incredible Hulk in about 2 years time

I bought him a size up but they grow quickly...

Wow some people on here. I didn’t actually say we’d played badly first half, I said exactly how it’d been. We won again but we should’ve won more comfortably and we didn’t and Barnsley had several decent chances to nick a goal. Is that not what happened? This league is really tight and GD could well come into it so we need to start being more decisive in the final third. If we were, we’d be storming the league!

Edited by Clint

3 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Someone on canary call wants us to try something a bit different. Winning isn’t good enough

Is it Bill?

2 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Someone on canary call wants us to try something a bit different. Winning isn’t good enough

Someone on Canary Call in being a moron shocker........ Oh ****, I just sounded like JerryKerry there 🤢 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

must have been blo ody cold in that shed this afternoon 🥶

I would be more worried if we were not creating chances in the first place but we are missing a staggering number of very, very easy chances in some of these games which leave us hanging on nervously at the end when we should be out of sight.

big win that but should have been by three or four goals, as should Tuesday have been. 

3 minutes ago, Clint said:

Wow some people on here. I didn’t actually say we’d played badly first half, I said exactly how it’d been. We won again but we should’ve won more comfortably and we didn’t and Barnsley had several decent chances to nick a goal. Is that not what happened? This league is really tight and GD could well come into it so we need to start being more decisive in the final third. If we were, we’d be storming the league!

My argument with your post was your summation of our season as not decisive enough. As others have said, I’ll happily take a repeat of the first half of the season, it’s been decisive enough to win games and get us to the top of the league. 

Absolutely superb win. Not our best performance by any means, but on another day we probably would have won that by two or three.

Always good to go into a break with a win!

12 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Table tonight (top half). Looks nice and hopeful for 2021

Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 17.17.43.png

Didn't realize how lopsided Bournemouth's (and Watford's)  home and away form is (with both still to come to Carrow Road). Maybe, Stoke could do us a favour tonight

Edited by Crabbycanary3

Injuries permitting, we need Gibson and Hanley paired together as much as possible. Anyone know whether we can purchase Gibson in Jan, or is the clause only at end of season if we go up?

The missus bought me this for Christmas. Made out of old errea shirts. 'Wear that' she said.....'They might score!' 

And........Emi did! And no I'm not wearing it for luck again!

IMG_7243[1].JPG

Just now, Foxy2600 said:

The missus bought me this for Christmas. Made out of old errea shirts. 'Wear that' she said.....'They might score!' 

IMG_7243[1].JPG

Are you sure she didn't say 'You' instead of 'They'?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Another dreadful performance from Cantwell , I would have scored those 2 chances.

Time for him to be given a long rest and give the young Polish chap a good run on the team 

I'd wager a few shillings you wouldn't 🙂

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

2 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

IMG_7243[1].JPG

Personally I’d never wear a thong 

Just now, Foxy2600 said:

IMG_7243[1].JPG

Haha....mine always says to me "they'll score in a minute....I've prayed to St Anthony".

She is a lapsed Catholic btw.

Apparently St Anthony is the saint you call on when you're missing something

2 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Seven corners and no headers on target

You do know it's not compulsory to score with a header from a corner?

• Like 1

Just now, Nuff Said said:

You do know it's not compulsory to score with a header from a corner?

Grant got to 3 today didn't he so he in particular is getting a bit closer

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Apparently St Anthony is the saint you call on when you're missing something

there's a few on here who could do with that assistance 😜

5 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Seven corners and no headers on target

We nearly scored direct from one in the 2nd half.

I reckon when we do score one it'll come pinging across and someone will accidentally knock it in with his meat and two veg.

Be worth the pain with a statue outside the ground....

He he.

The boss didn’t look very happy when ever the cameras caught him.

Be interesting to hear his comments tonight. 

17 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

IMG_7243[1].JPG

Mrs KG made me one from one of the old Aviva shirts where the logo had been melted when ironed.

But I lost it on a hospital visit where they make you take it off and wear one of theirs.

What was good was the receptionist said "Good Morning Mr Norwich City". Nice to be recognised. I might use that on my letterheadings.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Mrs KG made me one from one of the old Aviva shirts where the logo had been melted when ironed.

But I lost it on a hospital visit where they make you take it off and wear one of theirs.

What was good was the receptionist said "Good Morning Mr Norwich City". Nice to be recognised. I might use that on my letterheadings.

You are Geoffrey Watling and I claim the £5 and that you are still with us  and living a very nice retirement in Cornwall

It was a decent game, good Barnsley side to be fair and they actually gave us a game.

Cantwell so unlucky, some great touches and runs. Buendia immense, his tracking and tackles were faultless.

Good team performance and deserved three points, minor nibble Vrancic isn’t a number 10.......McClean was good today.