lappinitup

*****Unofficial Match Thread v Barnsley*****

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would be happily with a draw.. but that Pukki goal line clearence...

And what the hell was cantwell doing? One on one and you.. what?

Wanting to walk the ball in rather then take the shot on

Think we improved as the half wore on, just not efficient enough when we get in behind. Had a 3 on 1 situation but Skipp didn’t use the ball early enough and we wasted it, and then Cantwell trying to chop back when through on goal rather than shooting with his left! Several other crossing chances have been straight into the first defender.

That Buendia offside looked quite tight though and it looks a matter of time before we create a clear one on one chance.

That sums up our season. Lots of possession but nowhere near decisive enough in the final third and always likely to give away a few decent chances here and there.

• Like 1

Swansea equalised against Watford.

If we can get that win today you can see Barnsley taking a few points from our rivals.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Certainly wouldn't take Vrancic off against a team playing such a high line

He's too slow for a 10. Brilliant when deeper. I think Dowell and Placheta will both make an appearance later.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Most likely man to put us in 

"There's a star man bombing down the wing. We call him PP and he catches everything...".

56 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

But we had a front three or Cantwell Dowell and Buendia at Watford which was one of our poorest and most one dimensional attacking performances? At least in the QPR game with Vrancic you could say we created the chances to put them out of sight! Not so against Watford.

Although I do agree in that I prefer Vrancic in the deeper role, I thought he did pretty well against QPR though in the 10 spot. Just wish Farke would sub him off earlier (same as Stiepermann) when he runs out of steam second half.

It’s a shame Dowell didn’t kick on against Watford because he impressed against Reading and Cardiff, I expected more from him. 

The number 10 spot is really a tough position for us at the mo and no player has really staked a claim there for me. I think Stieps, Vrancic and Dowell would all have their fair share of backers on this forum! 

Good point, but Dowell wasn't fit and hopefully now he is. A bit like Steipermann, if Dowell doesn't play there he doesn't play at all and he's a better option than anyone else in that position.

90% of games have a goal  and c.75% have more than a goal..so I'm hoping for a better second half

Sort of game where we could do with Vrancic in CM so the play is ahead of him, picking passes through. The other side to that coin is Barnsley's intense press which is exactly the sort of situation Vrancic struggles against.

Agree that we're beginning to get a bit hamstrung by wrong-footedness- JLS not playing badly but not offering anything progressive down that side because he's right footed.

5 minutes ago, Clint said:

That sums up our season. Lots of possession but nowhere near decisive enough in the final third and always likely to give away a few decent chances here and there.

And yet we have averaged two points a game. Imagine how many we'd have if we were more decisive and didn't give away decent chances. 🙃

OTBC 💛💚💪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

And yet we have averaged two points a game. Imagine how many we'd have if we were more decisive and didn't give away decent chances. 🙃

OTBC 💛💚💪

We might even be top

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

Buendia is more than capable of moving into that position and playing that killer through ball.

What we need to unlock them is pace.

7 minutes ago, Clint said:

Wow. We’re top of the league and deservedly so because we have been decisive enough to win games. We have no right to just turn up and win games, all games will be difficult. Add to that we usually have to fight our way through a parked bus and a fight through an actual injury crisis. I think some fans are too harsh on our performance this season.

What happened to all those dodgy deflected goals we got earlier in the season?? The football gods have been against us last couple of games, just won’t go in!

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

For a guy playing out of position at left-back, Sørensen does pretty well at getting into position to hit shots.

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Pukki should've scored but Cantwell should have passed that earlier. 

He's lost his mojo......

That was almost a sitter

And now Cantwell with his feet tied up. 

Its almost like they cr@p themselves when handed a chance on a plate!!!