TIL 1010

The Irresponsibility Of Some Premier Players.

Is there an equivalent to Godwin’s Law for the phrase “hanging’s too good for them”? I feel we may get there soon.

I’m much more worried about the irresponsibility of members of the general public who flout the lockdown.

34 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I’m much more worried about the irresponsibility of members of the general public who flout the lockdown.

But the leaders and role models need to set an example.

Cummings was the first, but plenty of politicians, celebs and sports stars flouting the rules since. The youngster say "if xyz does it, why can't I?"

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But the leaders and role models need to set an example.

Cummings was the first, but plenty of politicians, celebs and sports stars flouting the rules since. The youngster say "if xyz does it, why can't I?"

Are footballers role models these days? They appear to live in a totally different world. I think people are more likely to say “if the neighbours are doing it, why can’t I?”

• Like 1

No one concerned about the pics of Farke and the Barnsley manager after the game?

Bailey retweeted them, it's pretty crazy really. 

May be with this new strain which is known to be more virulent, but it was outside and between two frequently tested individuals who have every reason in the world to be cautious.

The West Ham/Tottenham episode involved a lot of stupid individuals celebrating inside.

I'm more annoyed by those virus-denying fools, led by Corbyn's brother, who paraded their views outside a hospital and reduced a doctor, who had just put in a long shift in an ITU, to tears.

7 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Are footballers role models these days? They appear to live in a totally different world. I think people are more likely to say “if the neighbours are doing it, why can’t I?”

I think Marcus Rashford is a superb role model. There are probably others doing their bit for society but your average numpty footballer is more of a Kyle Walker than a Marcus Rashford. I hope any of our lot flouting the rules are treated harshly by the club.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 2

Think back to where we were during the first lockdown, the appreciation for our NHS and front line staff, no footy, nothing.

We are now facing a worse situation than that in the immediate future, there needs to be a short sharp shock to refocus minds, these players and all others particularly in the public eye, Farke included if he broke the rules, should be made examples of. The health crisis is far more important.

The NHS has some very strange working practices that don’t help too. Residents who went home for over 4 hours during Christmas  have to self isolate for ten days. Agency or bank staff can work at a different hospital or unit every day day of the week and no questions are asked. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Notwithstanding the fact that the new strain is more transmissible, the reason that over 3/4 of the country is in Tier 4 isn’t because of the way that people react to seeing footballers, celebrities and politicians flout the rules-it’s because they choose to ignore the rules themselves.

All the clubs are saying is that it will be dealt with internally! 

Swept under the carpet. 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1

A ban is a good idea. But it seems unfair on their club. Fines just seem meaningless although to us obviously a lot of money.

Basically, they are useless, thoughtless and arrogant.

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

All the clubs are saying is that it will be dealt with internally! 

Swept under the carpet. 

That’s the way it’s sounding to me, absolutely shocking!

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

A ban is a good idea. But it seems unfair on their club. Fines just seem meaningless although to us obviously a lot of money.

Basically, they are useless, thoughtless and arrogant.

Tough. Players are employees of the club. If they misbehave then their employer should suffer. Maybe then no future club will want to sign them.

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

How ridiculous to do such a thing.

Indeed, I wouldn't let them back into the Country if I was Wee Krankie