TIL 1010

The Irresponsibility Of Some Premier Players.

1 minute ago, pearsos said:

Thinking about it, I agree Greavsy. Maybe make them do the gardening in just their football kit 🥶🥶🥶

Clean the bogs etc (if that isn't stealing  NNs position!) 

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Not here in tier five.

Besides, the golf day experience is as good as the match day experience.

We even have a bar, although you can't get sausage rolls there.

T5? When did that come in? 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I'd love to watch my sons team, out in the open, no socializing afterwards etc but that's not allowed either. 

Me too. In fact there’s loads of things I’d love to do that I can’t. One of those things I love doing however, is watch football. I’m grateful I can still do that (for now) when there is so much taken away from us all at this time

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 1

It was meant as an irony. Clearly a total fail though.

Tier 4 is my area. You are not allowed out for much at all.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I think the whole situation regarding this worldwide pandemic has affected everyone, as the restrictions are very frustrating but totally understandable. What these Covidiots simply need to learn though is the common sense that the longer they don’t abide by the restrictions, the longer the restrictions will be in place

Edited by HazzaJet
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Tier 4 is my area. You are not allowed out for much at all.

Can you play golf in Tier 4?

According to the Tier 4 restrictions, golf courses can remain open for people attending with members of their own household or support bubble. 

People in Tier 4 areas can also attend with one person from another household

Will agree the experience may not be the same, but you can, according to that, play. 

Most so-called celebrities don’t give a s*it about us ‘ civilians ‘ ( as Liz Hurley quaintly puts it )

Clowns like Kay Burley,  the waste of space that is Rita Ora and others think that because they’re well known they can do what they like.

i wonder how many of them spent Christmas alone with only their OH’s this year ? They would have justified any transgression by claiming they were in a bubble.

I’ve heard that so many times lately that there must be more support bubbles doing the rounds than generated at the London Stadium on a normal matchday

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

As in a 9 iron(y)?

Ill get my coat

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Can you play golf in Tier 4?

According to the Tier 4 restrictions, golf courses can remain open for people attending with members of their own household or support bubble. 

People in Tier 4 areas can also attend with one person from another household

Will agree the experience may not be the same, but you can, according to that, play. 

Yes I know what they can do. Golf clubs vary.

I wouldn't enjoy trudging around a cold wet course with one other at the best of times though. The intricacies of having to create a bubble with that person elude me and spell possible risk.

I enjoyed watching the Masters a few weeks back though and was grateful that spectator golf in it's limited form was allowed in the same way that I am grateful that watching football in it's restricted form is also available.

Edited by BroadstairsR

35 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Lanzini of West Ham apparently was at the same party as the Spurs players.

Just seen the photo on Twitter. No "apparently" about it I'm afraid. 

Might make me sound a bit old fashioned but if I was involved in the FA or was England manager I'd just say that stupid people don't get picked. No second chances. Some of the behaviour in the last year has beggared belief. If any of our players behaved like that I'd want them out. 

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Yes I know what they can do. Golf clubs vary.

I wouldn't enjoy trudging around a cold wet course with one other at the best of times though. The intricacies of having to create a bubble with that person elude me and spell possible risk.

I enjoyed watching the Masters a few weeks back though and was grateful that spectator golf in it's limited form was allowed in the same way that I am grateful that watching football in it's restricted form is also available.

So you CAN play golf, but not how you used to / would like to, so you have decided not to, as your enjoyment would be less. I get that. 

I can watch football, but for me it's not the same, and my enjoyment is less. 

I think we are saying the same thing but applying it differently. 

Im glad you, and others enjoy watching the sport that is available. To me it's just a reminder of what we are missing. 

Perhaps if the sun were to suddenly burst upon the South-East and the temperature were to suddenly rise by ten degrees I might consider a round alone in order to keep in shape.

We are used to enforced breaks in golf. The game being more prone to the weather, and in our case flooding, than watching football will ever be.

Temporary greens make a normal round impossible, and these are rife mid-winter.

You'll get used to what you are being denied in due course. 

21 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Most so-called celebrities don’t give a s*it about us ‘ civilians ‘ ( as Liz Hurley quaintly puts it )

Clowns like Kay Burley,  the waste of space that is Rita Ora and others think that because they’re well known they can do what they like.

i wonder how many of them spent Christmas alone with only their OH’s this year ? They would have justified any transgression by claiming they were in a bubble.

I’ve heard that so many times lately that there must be more support bubbles doing the rounds than generated at the London Stadium on a normal matchday

Being young and loaded is fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your point of view) no longer dependent on brain power or inherited wealth. Thousands of  even minor sports stars, music celebs and social media personalities etc get paid lots and lots of money for not doing anything involving intelligence. 

Having said all that, I find it very hard to be too critical of them when their age group are not particularly at risk and our government has been so inconsistent in defining what rules should apply. For instance, supposedly banning travel outside Tier 4 areas but allowing all flights and trains to continue - it's all a bit confusing for not very bright people......

20 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Being young and loaded is fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your point of view) no longer dependent on brain power or inherited wealth. Thousands of  even minor sports stars, music celebs and social media personalities etc get paid lots and lots of money for not doing anything involving intelligence. 

Having said all that, I find it very hard to be too critical of them when their age group are not particularly at risk and our government has been so inconsistent in defining what rules should apply. For instance, supposedly banning travel outside Tier 4 areas but allowing all flights and trains to continue - it's all a bit confusing for not very bright people......

Yeah, it's the government's fault as the rules are too complicated for footballers to understand.

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

Yeah, it's the government's fault as the rules are too complicated for footballers to understand.

Well, yes.....if you give people leeway and they already have an inflated opinion of themselves, money and profile, then yes, it is partly the governments fault. Lack of leadership is at least as responsible as the stupidity of individuals.

Not sure why you are only picking on Prem players Til.

Should imagine some EFL players are equally irresponsible... Lee Hughes was a second tier player when he killed a family. 

2 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Man City outbreak due to a Kyle Walker party (allegedly). 

The reason football will continue for now is that the PL believe the precautions they have in place have worked, its the stupidity of those not following those precautions that have caused the spread through the league.

The same alledged covidiot who was driving around visiting Parents and GF in 1st lockdown. 
who was very apologetic ( because he was found out). 
no consiquences so why am I surprised the allegded idiot carrys on doing whatever he wants. 
setting a great example

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

I'd love to watch my sons team, out in the open, no socializing afterwards etc but that's not allowed either. 

Is your son an adult? Grassroots under 18s is permitted. Although the league has cancelled all fixtures. 

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Is your son an adult? Grassroots under 18s is permitted. Although the league has cancelled all fixtures. 

No he is over 18. 

3 hours ago, Newtopia said:

It is unbelievable.  It is irresponsible to break the rules, and utter stupidity to post it on Instagram.  I think we have all had enough of our lives being limited, but it is for a good reason.  

It is a shame there is no timetable or public plan for getting away from the restrictions.  If people knew it would be over by the end of Feb or March, I suspect people would follow the rules more.

The trouble is its an unpredictable virus, and will continue to be all the time 'people' are being stupid like these Professional Athletes who should know better. A lot easier to find an excuse in Public Health England than actually fine these idiots a couple of months wages.

Making excuses for the inexcusable. How can you make a timetable when these and other morons behave like this? 

BTW my daughter is a trained biomedical scientist in the field of epidemiology working her bits off, and she's sickened by reports like this........

Any players caught breaking the rules automatically waive the right to treatment should they get the virus. That might make them behave.

5 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Pre covid routine - drive into city with my neighbour,  discuss team selection / expectations etc park up, walk to pub to meet my son and his mates, more football chat, and banter with a great atmosphere in pub. Walk to ground, met another mate in seats, watch game with 27000 others. Have sausage roll / coffee @ half time, and meet son and his mates to discuss first half action and get 1/2 times, before retuning for 2nd half. After game meet son and his mate, give lift home whilst discussing match / other games, and listening to canary call.

During covid, fires up lap top and watches a game in sterile ground, alone, as not allowed anyone round to watch it. 

Yep that really gets my moral up. 

Then, to keep thread on track, I see privileged footballers flouting the rules. 

You could try phoning your neighbour in the morning before the game to have a chat and a bit of banter about the game. Then call up your son to get him out of bed and another chat. Fifteen minutes before kickoff get the kettle on, raid fridge, warm up laptop.

Half-time, quick read of the match thread, dash to loo, fire up kettle again, quick text msg to son and neighbour then settle down for send half after filling up bowl of salted peanuts.

Full-time: onto match thread, call neighbour, call son, listen to canary call at the same time, open beer, dash to loo, think about what's for tea.

Never a dull moment Greavsey.

5 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

The trouble is its an unpredictable virus, and will continue to be all the time 'people' are being stupid like these Professional Athletes who should know better. A lot easier to find an excuse in Public Health England than actually fine these idiots a couple of months wages.

Making excuses for the inexcusable. How can you make a timetable when these and other morons behave like this? 

BTW my daughter is a trained biomedical scientist in the field of epidemiology working her bits off, and she's sickened by reports like 

It is terrible, i am not making excuses. The NHS staff are awesome, these people are irresponsible. 

In lines with any forum I was expressing the opinion that I think some people (especially younger people) are frustrated by the limitations they have had imposed on their lives and if there was an end date or a clear plan to get out of it people might behave better.  Even if that plan changes later.

BTW - I am sat in my home having not seen my parents for a year and having spent the entire festive period with my own nuclear family.  I am not excusing them - just giving an opinion which I think might make things better.

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

You could try phoning your neighbour in the morning before the game to have a chat and a bit of banter about the game. Then call up your son to get him out of bed and another chat. Fifteen minutes before kickoff get the kettle on, raid fridge, warm up laptop.

Half-time, quick read of the match thread, dash to loo, fire up kettle again, quick text msg to son and neighbour then settle down for send half after filling up bowl of salted peanuts.

Full-time: onto match thread, call neighbour, call son, listen to canary call at the same time, open beer, dash to loo, think about what's for tea.

Never a dull moment Greavsey.

For the last couple of matches we have had a catch up at half time, which has included freshly cooked sausage rolls.

Always various whattsapp messages going off on match day too. 

How hard would it be for the FA to bring in rules stating £100,000 minimum fine and that gets donated to the NHS?

£10,000 is simply no deterrent to the mega rich.

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

How hard would it be for the FA to bring in rules stating £100,000 minimum fine and that gets donated to the NHS?

£10,000 is simply no deterrent to the mega rich.

Alas Alex I believe the most any play can be fined is 2 weeks wages. Not sure if that's just applicable to club fines.

I'm sure if they implemented that the players would say its an infringement of their civil rights. 

Doubt a club would even consider dropping a player if he was key to their team.

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Alas Alex I believe the most any play can be fined is 2 weeks wages. Not sure if that's just applicable to club fines.

I'm sure if they implemented that the players would say its an infringement of their civil rights. 

Doubt a club would even consider dropping a player if he was key to their team.

Under the current rules, Greavsy ; ), but I hear you. 

Seriously though, it’s like anything, if the deterrent is not enough, then you up the deterrent. 

I always wonder what England would be like if we had the death penalty here (not that I’m suggesting we should bring it back).

• Like 1

Was an interesting suggestion on 5live earlier for offenders.

3 match ban, and associated fine in line with a red card. Plus if players are internationals they miss the next competitive tournaments opening rounds. Would be harsh on the "stand ins" if they got replaced when the bans had been served.

Strong deterent though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Was an interesting suggestion on 5live earlier for offenders.

3 match ban, and associated fine in line with a red card. Plus if players are internationals they miss the next competitive tournaments opening rounds. Would be harsh on the "stand ins" if they got replaced when the bans had been served.

Strong deterent though. 

Problem is that they’d probably go to a Corona party so they could get the 3 match ban just to ensure they had the next 3 weekends off to go to the next batch of Corona parties, Greavsy 

• Haha 1