TIL 1010

The Irresponsibility Of Some Premier Players.

Spurs investigating reports that three of their players attended a New Year party.

Fulham investigating a report that Mitrovic attended a party with a Crystal Palace player.

It must be hard for these poor unfortunate souls to stick to Covid restrictions.

It is unbelievable.  It is irresponsible to break the rules, and utter stupidity to post it on Instagram.  I think we have all had enough of our lives being limited, but it is for a good reason.  

It is a shame there is no timetable or public plan for getting away from the restrictions.  If people knew it would be over by the end of Feb or March, I suspect people would follow the rules more.

• Like 1

As irresponsible as the Premiership and EFL still continuing with football as covid numbers rising throughout their respective leagues. But mustn't let common sense get in the way of a money making machine. 

• Like 3

Its disgusting.

These players have properties with gyms, pools, game rooms, land etc etc and yet can't keep to the rules.

Then there's families living in 2 bedroom flats who are having to keep to the rules.

Those same families might also have watching football as their one escape and that's put more at risk by these stupid decisions by footballers. Clearly have no care for fans, football or people in general.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, City fan said:

As irresponsible as the Premiership and EFL still continuing with football as covid numbers rising throughout their respective leagues. But mustn't let common sense get in the way of a money making machine. 

I think that there might be a bit more to it than that.

I see the Government's encouraging of organised sport as more of a moral booster.

I've certainly found watching a lot of football and others sports quite a game-changer as my area drifts down through the tiers.

Constant reports of loneliness, mental and health problems caused by lockdown must not be ignored. An outlet somewhere is useful. 

Man cannot live on Netflix alone.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I think that there might be a bit more to it than that.

I see the Government's encouraging of organised sport as more of a moral booster.

I've certainly found watching a lot of football and others sports quite a game-changer as my area drifts down through the tiers.

Constant reports of loneliness, mental and health problems caused by lockdown must not be ignored. An outlet somewhere is useful. 

Man cannot live on Netflix alone.

I love watching my team on TV, as a constant reminder that we can't go, and watch football, how it used to be. Really boasts my moral, whilst I'm locked down. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I love watching my team on TV, as a constant reminder that we can't go, and watch football, how it used to be. Really boasts my moral, whilst I'm locked down. 

I don't get that.

What's the alternative then? Nothing?

The constant reminder is in the daily statistics surely.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Man City outbreak due to a Kyle Walker party (allegedly). 

The reason football will continue for now is that the PL believe the precautions they have in place have worked, its the stupidity of those not following those precautions that have caused the spread through the league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I don't get that.

What's the alternative then? Nothing?

What I'm saying is, for me personally, it does nothing to lift my spirits, and in my view that it's just a thinly veiled excuse to keep the cash machine rolling. 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

What I'm saying is, for me personally, it does nothing to lift my spirits, and in my view that it's just a thinly veiled excuse to keep the cash machine rolling. 

So you are not looking forward to this afternoon's game then?

I am. 

I also agree that, as long as it is safe for the players and their families etc, then football should continue. 

I would like to see some severe punishments for those breaking the rules (though we’ll never find out if that actually happens) but up to now it’s clear to see the precautions put in place have worked.

We are now into a 3rd wave, worse than ever before with the possibility of schools not returning, the majority of people stuck at home and continued effects on personal and country finances. Football, even behind closed doors, is one piece of normality I hope can continue. It’s something to look forward to, to concentrate on and to endlessly debate as is often the case where VAR is used.

9 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

So you are not looking forward to this afternoon's game then?

I am. 

Pre covid routine - drive into city with my neighbour,  discuss team selection / expectations etc park up, walk to pub to meet my son and his mates, more football chat, and banter with a great atmosphere in pub. Walk to ground, met another mate in seats, watch game with 27000 others. Have sausage roll / coffee @ half time, and meet son and his mates to discuss first half action and get 1/2 times, before retuning for 2nd half. After game meet son and his mate, give lift home whilst discussing match / other games, and listening to canary call.

During covid, fires up lap top and watches a game in sterile ground, alone, as not allowed anyone round to watch it. 

Yep that really gets my moral up. 

Then, to keep thread on track, I see privileged footballers flouting the rules. 

Edited by Greavsy

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Pre covid routine - drive into city with my neighbour,  discuss team selection / expectations etc park up, walk to pub to meet my son and his mates, more football chat, and banter with a great atmosphere in pub. Walk to ground, met another mate in seats, watch game with 27000 others. Have sausage roll / coffee @ half time, and meet son and his mates to discuss first half action and get 1/2 times, before retuning for 2nd half. After game meet son and his mate, give lift home whilst discussing match / other games, and listening to canary call.

During covid, fires up lap top and watches a game in sterile ground, alone, as not allowed anyone round to watch it. 

Then, to thread on track, I see privileged footballers flouting the rules. 

I know exactly what you are trying to say mate.

I’m happy footballs on, I’ll watch the games, I’ll always watch Norwich, but I hate the fact we are still having to do this. I miss the match day experience so f@££ing much

They should be fined the maximum amount allowed by law.

Fined a months wages by their club which should be given to charity.

Made to do xxx hours community service in a hospital or care home

Fcuking ignorant (the rules don’t apply to us) morons.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I know exactly what you are trying to say mate.

I’m happy footballs on, I’ll watch the games, I’ll always watch Norwich, but I hate the fact we are still having to do this. I miss the match day experience so f@££ing much

Exactly. It's not just about the 90 minutes play. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to the club for the access they have provided. But getting the games on it just box ticking imho. 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Then, to thread on track, I see privileged footballers flouting the rules. 

I think we all know by now that life as it used to be is not now possible. Or at least we should.

We need make the most of what's on offer to keep things ticking over.

Let's not the irresponsible behaviour of some players spoil what has proven to be a pretty decent outlet for many fans. Providing at least something to get our teeth into.

You can't have your match day experience (as fascinating as it clearly is,) I can't have my round of golf.

We have to get on with it without bemoaning what we are missing.

• Like 1

Just now, pearsos said:

They should be fined the maximum amount allowed by law.

Fined a months wages by their club which should be given to charity.

Made to do xxx hours community service in a hospital or care home

Fcuking ignorant (the rules don’t apply to us) morons.

Max fine for organizing a party is £10k which is nothing to a footballer. 

If I had a relative in a care home I wouldn't want an ignorant potential super spreader privileged footballer anywhere near them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Then, to keep thread on track, I see privileged footballers flouting the rules. 

Football in whatever form possible is better than no football at all.

In my opinion.

OTBC

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I think we all know by now that life as it used to be is not now possible. Or at least we should.

We need make the most of what's on offer to keep things ticking over.

Let's not the irresponsible behaviour of some players spoil what has proven to be a pretty decent outlet for many fans. Providing at least something to get our teeth into.

You can't have your match day experience (as fascinating as it clearly is,) I can't have my round of golf.

We have to get on with it without bemoaning what we are missing.

Isn't golf still allowed, with one other socially distanced person? 

A large proportion of footballers are missing a few brain cells plus they think obviously don’t think the rules apply to them 

As previously stated make them work in a COVID ward

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

Football in whatever form possible is better than no football at all.

In my opinion.

OTBC

I'd love to watch my sons team, out in the open, no socializing afterwards etc but that's not allowed either. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

If I had a relative in a care home I wouldn't want an ignorant potential super spreader privileged footballer anywhere near them. 

Thinking about it, I agree Greavsy. Maybe make them do the gardening in just their football kit 🥶🥶🥶

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Isn't golf still allowed, with one other socially distanced person? 

Not here in tier five.

Besides, the golf day experience is as good as the match day experience.

We even have a bar, although you can't get sausage rolls there.