Sign in to follow this  
Six Pack

Sorensen

Well I think he’s been an excellent stand in and the results since Quintilla has been out speak for themselves. 

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Newtopia said:

He looks a good player to me.   If I have a concern I am not sure how quickly he will move the ball on, and in the CDM role you get more time on the ball but it is vital not to give it away.  

Personally, I'd say it's a good thing if he's a little slower provided he's accurate. Bring the opposition to him, then break the press with his pass.

• Like 1

For Watford’s goal, Aaron’s for conceding possession, Zimmerman for running away from the ball, Dowell for inadequate support to Aaron’s, McGovern (could he have got to the cross?).. all were more culpable than Sorensen.   A gift!

Goal v QPR, Sorensen and Vrancic both poor but after that it’s about the rules, the games honesty and integrity...how messed up it’s become... players can just throw themselves on the floor and it’s a pen!   Todd was the same!   To get to this level these guys are supposed to have good balance, how on earth are they constantly falling over if they’re not cheating?  

Unfair to single out Sorensen!

Edited by ged in the onion bag

On 01/01/2021 at 22:45, Six Pack said:

Two crucial errors in two games by him has our campaign almost derailed !

We all know about his ball watching & lack of activity which let Watford in for their winner but then this lazy pass to Cantwell which was intercepted led to QPR getting their penalty ! A lot of people have blamed Zimmerman (who touched the QPR player in the area) and Vrancic (for not bringing down the QPR player closest to the loose ball) for the goal. But (with QPR looking to equalise) we actually won a loose ball on the left and had Sorensen passed quickly to Cantwell straight away - there was every chance we could have scored. Instead he procrastinated like a great grandmother putting on makeup and telegraphed his move, waiting until the defender was smack between him and Cantwell and then tried passing it ! This guy is so slow in thought and action how can some of you seriously consider him in midfield ? 2 out of 2 (4 points lost) is enough evidence for me to remove him from the team for Barnsley, let alone consider him for CM. There is no way he is remotely close to Skipp, Rupp, Vrancic & Tettey - I am not sure if he is better than Kenny (who at least tries).

Maybe he's just had too much football and his concentration has gone in the last minutes of these games - but it's definately cost us ! I could see that pass to Cantwell as soon as it presented itself.

Sorensen is class, he’s only going to get better especially when he’s not playing in his prime position. 

• Like 1

On 01/01/2021 at 22:45, Six Pack said:

Two crucial errors in two games by him has our campaign almost derailed !

We all know about his ball watching & lack of activity which let Watford in for their winner but then this lazy pass to Cantwell which was intercepted led to QPR getting their penalty ! A lot of people have blamed Zimmerman (who touched the QPR player in the area) and Vrancic (for not bringing down the QPR player closest to the loose ball) for the goal. But (with QPR looking to equalise) we actually won a loose ball on the left and had Sorensen passed quickly to Cantwell straight away - there was every chance we could have scored. Instead he procrastinated like a great grandmother putting on makeup and telegraphed his move, waiting until the defender was smack between him and Cantwell and then tried passing it ! This guy is so slow in thought and action how can some of you seriously consider him in midfield ? 2 out of 2 (4 points lost) is enough evidence for me to remove him from the team for Barnsley, let alone consider him for CM. There is no way he is remotely close to Skipp, Rupp, Vrancic & Tettey - I am not sure if he is better than Kenny (who at least tries).

Maybe he's just had too much football and his concentration has gone in the last minutes of these games - but it's definately cost us ! I could see that pass to Cantwell as soon as it presented itself.

Yes - it's true - Six Pack really did say this less than three weeks ago. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yes - it's true - Six Pack really did say this less than three weeks ago. 

I have phrased him on other threads since then. Defensively he has improved so has learnt from those errors.

But they did occur and criticism was required as too many (posters) on here miss the finer details of performances let alone the blatantly obvious ones !

Just now, Six Pack said:

I have phrased him on other threads since then. Defensively he has improved so has learnt from those errors.

But they did occur and criticism was required as too many (posters) on here miss the finer details of performances let alone the blatantly obvious ones !

Thanks Pep.

This kid I think is just outstanding. Out of all the ‘left backs’ we’ve had in the last 25 years, he actually looks like he’ll score a few from that position each season. And contrary to the belief of some, he wins some good balls back there, and turns them swiftly into attack. Another brilliant find by our sublime scouting department 👏

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

This kid I think is just outstanding. Out of all the ‘left backs’ we’ve had in the last 25 years, he actually looks like he’ll score a few from that position each season. And contrary to the belief of some, he wins some good balls back there, and turns them swiftly into attack. Another brilliant find by our sublime scouting department 👏

MOM for me tonight.

• Like 3

😂

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

"I am not sure if he is better than Kenny (who at least tries)"

D7LvC3WXsAAO6a-.jpg.57eee9f979ab7ab0071c76d42a00e27e.jpgthis

Actually looking at this image next to your avator - you look like twins !!!

3 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

😂

Actually looking at this image next to your avator - you look like twins !!!

I'll tell Ricky the next time I see him, I'm sure he'll be immensely flattered at the comparison.

On Bristol City forum after tonight's game...........

Yeah. Cantwell is very good too, as is Gibson. And their left back is best full back Ive seen in league all season. Best player on park I thought. 

Should we tell them he's just a stand-in, or would that be cruel? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Absolutely!!  Its not Sorensons fault that he is so calm and efficient in movement, tackling and passing, totally unflappable. And who knew he had such left foot!! Great cross for Hugills diving header.  

• Thanks 1

The guy has been excellent for us and from last night's performance it looks as if he's been working hard on improving his left foot delivery. Also he seems to be a real athlete with great stamina; we'll be calling him Jacob 3 Lungi Sorensen soon I suspect.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

On Bristol City forum after tonight's game...........

Yeah. Cantwell is very good too, as is Gibson. And their left back is best full back Ive seen in league all season. Best player on park I thought. 

Should we tell them he's just a stand-in, or would that be cruel? 

A lot of their fans on Twitter were saying the same, I couldn't bring myself to let them know he's playing out of position...