Sign in to follow this  
Pockthorpe

Dave Chisnall

Chizzy just beat Van Gerwen  5-0 in the 🎯. WOW , JUST WOW ! 
Can barely understand a word he says mind . Actually, that’s even better . 
I know it’s not football , but bloody hell I enjoyed that .

• Like 1

A great contest.

The leg that went:

Chizzy 180

MvG 180

Chizzy 180

MvG 140

Chizzy 129

MvG 141

Chizzy 6

was just pure class from both. Great entertainment. Anderson vs Chizzy is an exciting prospect.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

Chizzy just beat Van Gerwen  5-0 in the 🎯. WOW , JUST WOW ! 
Can barely understand a word he says mind . Actually, that’s even better . 
I know it’s not football , but bloody hell I enjoyed that .

That's a major surprise. Guess Chisnall is the new favourite after that?

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

That's a major surprise. Guess Chisnall is the new favourite after that?

Favourites will still be Anderson and Price . 
South Sider , sorry the World Darts Championship has annoyed you so much being on the football forum but I got carried away . I’d move it to non football but I don’t know how to do that .

Mind you , I think football and darts go very well together. 

2 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

Favourites will still be Anderson and Price . 
South Sider , sorry the World Darts Championship has annoyed you so much being on the football forum but I got carried away . I’d move it to non football but I don’t know how to do that .

Mind you , I think football and darts go very well together. 

Don't apologise, you didn't make him click on it. Besides, he'd be even more miserable without being given things like this to moan about. 

I just want anyone bar Price to win. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Don't apologise, you didn't make him click on it. Besides, he'd be even more miserable without being given things like this to moan about. 

I just want anyone bar Price to win. 

Except, and I am not bothered in the great scheme of things, but I also clicked on it because I assumed this Chisnall was a footballer. In fact there was a Chisnall who I think played for Liverpool quite a while back. Perhaps darts should have been in the title?! For future reference when an epic curling encounter happens...🤓

9 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

For future reference when an epic curling encounter happens...🤓

I hope that's not what it sounds like 😒

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Except, and I am not bothered in the great scheme of things, but I also clicked on it because I assumed this Chisnall was a footballer. In fact there was a Chisnall who I think played for Liverpool quite a while back. Perhaps darts should have been in the title?! For future reference when an epic curling encounter happens...🤓

I'm sure the seconds it took you to realise he was a Darts player weren't too precious. 

If they were, neither you nor South Sider would have been able to grace us with a comment about it. Which inevitably wasted more time than having to bear the heinous, damaging trial of reading words on a football forum that weren't about football. 

Edited by canarydan23
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Incredible result, as I thought van Gerwen was looking back to his best earlier in the tournament and pretty much unstoppable. 

I echo the sentiments above of 'anyone but Price', but with van Gerwen out of the way Price is now the favourite which is a blow. But Bunting has looked very good so far and certainly has it in him to trouble Price tomorrow.

Great to see a thread finally made about the darts by the way, although it probably shouldn't be in this part of the forum 😉

48 minutes ago, Bill said:

I hope that's not what it sounds like 😒

I recall a Bor Bor Bor post many years ago who talked of a Morrison's Belly Buster breakfast and then later needing to curl one out.

Years later I find myself smiling stupidly when I hear the word  'curling' 😂

Edited by sonyc

2 hours ago, South Sider said:

WTF forum is this?

Why? There just has to be places other than a Norwich City football forum to discuss this surely?

Get back to moderating your other busy site 😀

Chizzy was superb, but don't think I've ever seen MvG so bad. Hope Chizzy goes on to wipe the floor with that moaning old Sweaty today 👍

10 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Pretty much similar PC, it wasn't until someone actually mentioned Darts about 6 posts in that I had a clue what was being discussed!

When you have to use Google to try and work out a thread, you know a clearer title would have helped!!!

Last time I genuinely watched anything dart related it was Phil Taylor who was the man to beat, no idea who Chisnall is.

12 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

A great contest.

The leg that went:

Chizzy 180

MvG 180

Chizzy 180

MvG 140

Chizzy 129

MvG 141

Chizzy 6

was just pure class from both. Great entertainment. Anderson vs Chizzy is an exciting prospect.

yep that was great MVG taking the **** and then chizzy just had to get that double

Come on guys. Just because you don't recognize the name and it's relevance, doesn't mean it should be dealt with in another way. Yes, I know there is a non football forum, but I don't know why everything can't live on the same pages, just have a different tag/colour attached so any non football posts can be ignored by those that don't want to look. It's not that onerous to look through a page or two to find the thread you want (or search for it) if you really want to read or reply to it. Mountain out of a mole hill springs to mind

It's not taking anything out of your life to click on a post and scroll down a couple of replies to realize what it is about, is it? A few sconds that you won't get back again? Come on

I knew exactly what the thread was about as I love the darts , but if someone started a thread about a F1 driver/Horse racing jockey etc and just put their name on the title, and i clicked on it, realized it was of no interest to me, I wouldn't go looking for my pitchfork (slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean).

Let's not start 2021 with mild indignation. Spread the love guys

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, city4eva said:

yep that was great MVG taking the **** and then chizzy just had to get that double

I actually didn't see that as taking the p*** tbh. MVG set himself up for a 40 finish with those (brilliant) darts. Just a superb leg of darts all round

Nice to see 2 English players in the last 4 and all 4 players coming from the UK (reminds me of the Bristow, Lowe, Wilson, Rees days).

After the players that went out in the early rounds I must admit I was expecting the Dutch to dominate.

Lets hope for two good semi-finals and a great final.

12 hours ago, South Sider said:

WTF forum is this?

Why? There just has to be places other than a Norwich City football forum to discuss this surely?

With you, for once.  Darts isn't even a sport.........😲

Edited by lake district canary

For those who do love their darts I’ve started a thread on the Non Football Forum for tonight’s semis then the final tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Chizzy was superb, but don't think I've ever seen MvG so bad. Hope Chizzy goes on to wipe the floor with that moaning old Sweaty today 👍

Stand by for a shed full of abuse from all the kilt wearers on here......😀😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Chizzy was superb, but don't think I've ever seen MvG so bad. 

To be fair to MVG, he averaged over 98. He didn't play badly (although certainly wasn't at his best), he was just unlucky enough to run into Chisnall who played the best game of his life and averaged 107.

13 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

After realising it was a darts player I assumed it was a local lad and Norwich fan or something... but no... it turns out he's from Morecambe. 

I can't help but feel that the thread deserves a bit of heat, if we had people posting about everything in their head it would be difficult to find the football threads and that is why there is a thriving non-football board. 

Depending on where exactly Van Gerwan is from in Holland/Belgium (presumably?), that could make him the more local of the two players! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

After realising it was a darts player I assumed it was a local lad and Norwich fan or something... but no... it turns out he's from Morecambe. 

I can't help but feel that the thread deserves a bit of heat, if we had people posting about everything in their head it would be difficult to find the football threads and that is why there is a thriving non-football board. 

Depending on where exactly Van Gerwan is from in Holland/Belgium (presumably?), that could make him the more local of the two players! 

Blimey .

You’re correct there is nothing football or local about it . I love darts and in that sphere it was an incredible performance which I got carried away with . As I acknowledged very quickly and if I could or knew how to  , I would’ve swapped it on to non football straight away . I’ve also said that I’ve now started a darts thread on non football to avoid any more hassle . 

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I actually didn't see that as taking the p*** tbh. MVG set himself up for a 40 finish with those (brilliant) darts. Just a superb leg of darts all round

But he was showing Chizzy how he should have taken out 141, even chizzy acknowledged it in is post match interview, anyways we not supposed to be talking about it anymore on this thread tut tut

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I really was not bothered (obviously not enough smiley emojis to make that absolutely clear) but it might have been an idea to have darts in the title. For future occasions etc that was my only serious point.