cambridgeshire canary

Team V Barnsley

Not for me.

Barden

Aarons Zimbo Hanley Sorensen

Skipp McLean

Buendia Vrancic Cantwell

Pukki 

All over QPR for a long spell in the second half and should have walked it on the pressure we put on them, so same team, with anyone coming back from injury given a few minutes from the bench, if possible.                      

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

B89A0440-15E7-4A42-A9FB-B7DFA48336E4.jpeg

I like the look of that, on or about our strongest side other than Krul. This will be a very hard game, Barnsley are in great form which may be to our advantage if they come to try and win

• Like 2

Gibson has to play. The best partnership we`ve had for a long time with Hanley, no brainer.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

I like the look of that, on or about our strongest side other than Krul. This will be a very hard game, Barnsley are in great form which may be to our advantage if they come to try and win

Dont think this tough match is the right time to test things out with sorenson. We can try Sorenson in the middle during the upcoming cup match

Tetty in the middle for me.

Looks like a good side, and I know I sound like a broken record but I'd have Josh Martin on the left

• Like 1

For me Gibson is a definite starter for Zimbo, and Dowell is a starter with Vrancic on the bench. The rest of it largely sorts itself.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

For me Gibson is a definite starter for Zimbo, and Dowell is a starter with Vrancic on the bench. The rest of it largely sorts itself.

Yeah sadly Zimmerman just has not improved- And giving away the penelty did not help. And it's a shame, I really want to like him. Great story right? A player having only ever played in the 4th tier of the German divison coming to England, playing in the Prem and now trying to help his team get back their and all..

He has momments in which he's great, just not showing much of it right now.

22 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Looks like a good side, and I know I sound like a broken record but I'd have Josh Martin on the left

Why? Cantwell is better.

My heart wants wants Gibson, Xavi, and Tettey.

My head expects an unchanged line up (with Barden coming in)

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Not for me.

Barden

Aarons Zimbo Hanley Sorensen

Skipp McLean

Buendia Vrancic Cantwell

Pukki 

All over QPR for a long spell in the second half and should have walked it on the pressure we put on them, so same team, with anyone coming back from injury given a few minutes from the bench, if possible.                      

your absurd love in for zimmerman continues abated.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Sadly my tickets are no longer valid

When have you ever been all the ticket?

13 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

your absurd love in for zimmerman continues abated.

Zimbo has been a key member of our squad for several years, we all know he is a capable player.  On Wednesday the only real mistake was the mis placed pass.  Other than that he was pretty imperious - he could be critercised for his involvement in the penalty, but the QPR player would have gone over however the contact came.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The only thing that is absurd is that people give up on others too easily.

There's really not much between our 3 central defender choices in all honesty. Zimmerman when he first came back into the team was excellent. He's struggled a bit the last couple of games.

Personally I'd bring in Gibson just for a bit more balance. At the moment our entire back four is right footed.

5 hours ago, overthebordercanary said:

Barden

Aarrons Hanley Gibson Quintilla

Skipp,Sorenson

Buendia Dowell Cantwell

Pukki

This!

15 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So, what are we thinking? Who should play? Obviously mine heavily relies on injuries.. If Ruup turns out to be fit than replace Tetty.

nodge.png

That team is so last year!!!😇

• Haha 1

I think Gibson will return, he's on loan and not come here to sit on the bench.

On that basis I would be surprised if Farke makes any other changes to the back four.

I'm not sure Vrancic did enough to keep his place so I'm also expecting Dowell to start. McLean hasn't done much wrong imo. I just hope Emi's name is on the teamsheet!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think Gibson will return, he's on loan and not come here to sit on the bench.

On that basis I would be surprised if Farke makes any other changes to the back four.

I'm not sure Vrancic did enough to keep his place so I'm also expecting Dowell to start. McLean hasn't done much wrong imo. I just hope Emi's name is on the teamsheet!

I agree with your points - I guess it depends how Farke views the QPR game, were we dominant and simply unlucky, or just not good enough.

I am worried if Emi, Todd, or Max are missing from team sheet......

16 hours ago, vlad666 said:

B89A0440-15E7-4A42-A9FB-B7DFA48336E4.jpeg

If Quintilla plays at left-back then yes, with one adjustment. Skipp and Sorensen ahead of the back four and McLean as the Number 10.

16 hours ago, daisy said:

Gibson has to play. The best partnership we`ve had for a long time with Hanley, no brainer.

Zimmerman's nieve  hand on shoulder for the penalty was inexcusable for someone of his experience. A punishable offence meaning Gibson must replace him

I think seeing as Quintilla's been out for such a long time, and we have a 2 week break before the next league game following tomorrow, that Farke will stick with Sorenson. Once Quintilla is fully fit I would love to see Sorenson partner Skipp in midfield.

The team I'd personally go for:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Gibson Sorenson
Skipp Vrancic
Buendia Dowell Cantwell
Pukki

Gibson has to come back in for Zimmermann, it'd amaze me if he didn't. McLean has done quite well in the past few games, but I just think Mario is so much more effective when played in the holding role than he is as a number 10, so while it may be harsh on Kenny, I'd like to see Vrancic drop back and Dowell, a more natural number 10, bought back in (wouldn't be against Martin coming in though, either for Cantwell or with Cantwell moving central). That said, the sort of side Barnsley are, I think McLean will probably start. 

Worth noting as well, Barnsley are the most in-form side in the league over the last 6 games, winning 5 of them. They're also in the 2nd-best away form in the division. This game is not going to be an easy one by any means. 

• Like 1

On 31/12/2020 at 19:35, lake district canary said:

The only thing that is absurd is that people give up on others too easily.

You gave up on Snoddy....